Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:33:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 124
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 119
Total: 119

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: It's horrible insurance companies basically kill you by treatment denials...  (Read 8795 times)

Offline 11Points

Have extreme pain issues, and I use a small amount of cannabis illegally to manage it.  I've ran the gambit of ??? opiates, from Tylenol 3's to Oxycontin 80's (x3) and besides never working, they always, and I mean always led me eventually straight back to IV heroin use.  On and off, I've been prescribed, over & under, anything and everything.  The only thing that takes the edge off my pain and allows me to cope with daily activities without being an asshatto the world is cannabis.  I currently find myself in Arkansas, and I cannot get my HCV treatment because I fail for THC.  How crappy is that.  30-45 days is a long time to go in constant pain.  I know putting off my hep treatment isn't a good idea, but geesh... it seems overwhelming.

Offline Salal

I hope some US readers can help you out with your insurance question, but I have another question.  What is the cause of your chronic pain?  I ask because I suffer from chronic nerve pain in several parts of my peripheral nervous system, mainly hands and feet, but also a patch on the front of my lower left leg.  This kind of burning pain is called neuritis.  I take 2700 mg of Gabapentin each day, but I have always wondered if cannabis would help.  At this moment, in Canada, it isn't legal, except medicinally with a prescription.  But the new law is in the process of being passed. We're expecting it to be legal by July.

Offline 11Points

Car accident about 20 years ago that I never sought treatment for.  I had my wisdom teeth out, got a Vicodin script, and my Momma ate them like candy... guess apples don't fall far because I got way hooked on opiates.  So yah, when I did try to get treatment for my chronic back/shoulder pain, no one would prescribe me anything.  Little bitty micro-doses of cannabis though sort me right out.  It's strange how they will let people suffer before they will "save face" on the cannabis issue.

I haven't smoke recently, I'm really considring trying to abstain, deal with the pain, get the treatment and be done with it...  but this disease is strange.  I know I have it, I know it can and probably will kill me horribly, but since I don't feel anything every day, it's out of mind.

Out of sight, out of mind.  I dunno.  Maybe my Momma shoulda spanked me harder, lol.  Or maybe I was dropped on my head ;)-

I need treatment, but they want clean urine. *shrugs* I'm so agains even the idea of someone putting laws "on my body" that even if I wasn't ingesting anything, I'd still tell them to go wank... but my life is literally on the line here... so torn apart from think about all this...

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.