Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:01:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 73
Total: 73

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Transmission  (Read 16366 times)

Offline Donjoe

Transmission
« on: June 20, 2018, 03:05:17 am »
Hello all,

I'm losing my mind. I'm pretty sure I've contracted hbv. I'd like to know what you all think about contracting the hbv from oral sex... reason why I think I'm infected is because my yellow stools and dark urine. Oral sex took place in march.. On 4/22/18 I was treated with rocephin and azithromycin as a precation. Test came back positive for trichomonasis so i was then treated
With metronidazole around a month later. I believe she may have been co infected with hbv. Could it spread thru trichomonasis?
I know you guys aren't doctors and I realize there is a nurse here at times.

The oral sex took place in March 2018 haven't had any sex since. After receiving treatment (metronidazole on 5/17/18) my mind was recovering. I felt the urge to self gratify last month. My sperm was yellowish. I'm SCARED TO DEATH!!!
I'm sorry about my thread I'm all over the place.

Can someone help me confirm these symptoms?
I'm awaiting blood work cbc along with others. I've read online the Dr. Will be able to check kidney liver functions/levels. The wait is killing me. I've never been so afraid in my life.

My symptoms
1 dark urine
2 yellow stools, light brown stools & sometimes golden (maybe like a fried chicken tender) no kidding
3 light fever recently at 99.0 to 99.7 comes and goes.
4 yellow sperm.

All I have to go buy is a in house dipstick urinalysis performed at the health care facility as part of the follow up urinalysis. That's how I found out I had Trich. Though I had urine dribble and slight discharge that still remained after the 1st treatments. No more discharge but I still have dribble at the moment.

Dipstick tested negative for everything even bilirubin and urobilinogen. The urine tested at the time was very dark.

I would blame the antibiotics for my urine/stool symptoms but it's been at least 1 to 2 months since any antibiotics have been taken. My stool and urine are still not normal. I'm so freaked out.

I will try to be more organized in my next message.

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
Re: Transmission
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 08:12:04 pm »
https://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/hbv/bfaq.htm

Hepatitis B Transmission / Exposure

How is hepatitis B spread?

The hepatitis B virus is spread when blood, semen, or other body fluid infected with the hepatitis B virus enters the body of a person who is not infected. People can become infected with the virus from:

Birth (spread from an infected mother to her baby during birth)
Sex with an infected partner
Sharing needles, syringes, or drug preparation equipment
Sharing items such as toothbrushes, razors or medical equipment such as a glucose monitor with an infected person
Direct contact with the blood or open sores of an infected person
Exposure to blood from needlesticks or other sharp instruments of an infected person
Hepatitis B virus is not spread through food or water, sharing eating utensils, breastfeeding, hugging, kissing, hand holding, coughing, or sneezing.

Can a person spread the hepatitis B virus and not know it?

Yes. Many people with a hepatitis B virus infection do not know they are infected since they do not feel or look sick. However, they can still spread the virus to others.

Can the hepatitis B virus be spread through sex?

Yes. The hepatitis B virus can be in the blood, semen, and other body fluids of an infected person. A person who has sex with an infected partner can become infected with the virus.
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 08:15:41 pm »
https://www.webmd.com/hepatitis/hepatitis-and-sex-frequently-asked-questions

Hepatitis B (HBV) is 50 to 100 times easier to transmit sexually than HIV ( the virus that causes AIDS). HBV has been found in vaginal secretions, saliva, and semen. Oral sex and especially anal sex, whether it occurs in a heterosexual or homosexual context, are possible ways of transmitting the virus.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hepatitis-b/symptoms-causes/syc-20366802?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=abstract&utm_content=Hepatitis-B&utm_campaign=Knowledge-panel

Requires a medical diagnosis
Symptoms are variable and include yellowing of the eyes, abdominal pain, and dark urine. Some people, particularly children, don't experience any symptoms. In chronic cases, liver failure, cancer, or scarring can occur.
Can have no symptoms, but people may experience:
Pain areas: in the abdomen
Pain types: can be mild
Whole body: fatigue, loss of appetite, or malaise
Gastrointestinal: fluid in the abdomen or nausea
Skin: web of swollen blood vessels in the skin or yellow skin and eyes
Also common: dark urine or itching
Consult a doctor for medical advice

Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 08:17:25 pm »
Yellow sperm is not a symptom. Dark urine could be dehydration stool changes color for a myriad of reasons

If you want answers see your doctor for a proper diagnosis
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 08:21:28 pm by Lynn K »
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Donjoe

Going crazy
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 03:23:09 am »
Thank you Lynn for responding. I mostly have dark urine and various stool changes. I'm wondering if and when it will ever change back to normal? 

""Anybody with experience please chime in"" please!!!

I realize you are not a Dr. Your simple trying to be helpful and you are of great help. I'm waiting for my Dr. who's doing a Cbc, lipid panel and some other test (don't have the sheet in hand) The Dr knows I'm a hypochondriac, She claims she'll call me if things look sketchy. I haven't received a phone call. I wanna say no news is good news. But a trip to the br is a bit unnerving.

Something is definitely up. I'm really worried about my bathroom visits. I thankfully don't have any pain or yellowing. My anxiety is thru the roof. I'm literally the most sexually in active guy in the world "now" I don't think I'll ever want any type of sexual contact again. I just want my regular boring life back. I wanna see normal things going on in the B.R.

If anyone can tell me about trips to the BR in terms of going bacm to normal I would greatly appreciate the insight.

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 03:48:03 am »
Here is a link about stool color changes

https://www.medicinenet.com/stool_color_and_texture_changes/symptoms.htm

Changes in the color of stool are common and are generally not significant if the changes are noted from one stool to the next and are not persistent. However, changes in the color of stool can also be caused by a number of minor to serious medical conditions and can occur with certain medications. Changes in stool color that are persistent and do not occur in only one stool may signal the presence of a medical condition and should be evaluated.

Certain persistent changes in stool color are characteristic for specific conditions:

black, foul-smelling stool: intestinal bleeding (typically from the stomach and upper small intestine) due to ulcers, tumors; ingestion of iron or bismuth

maroon stool: intestinal bleeding (from the middle intestine or proximal colon) due to ulcers, tumors, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis

clay-colored stool: lack of bile due to blockage of the main bile duct

pale yellow, greasy, foul-smelling stool: malabsorption of fat due to pancreatic insufficiency, as seen with pancreatitis, pancreatic cancer, cystic fibrosis, celiac disease

Urine color

https://www.healthline.com/symptom/dark-urine

“Dark urine is most commonly due to dehydration. However, it may be an indicator that excess, unusual, or potentially dangerous waste products are circulating in the body. For example, dark brown urine may indicate liver disease due to the presence of bile in the urine.”

Me again:
dark urine associated with liver disease looks like Coke cola. It normally takes decades of infection to cause serious liver damage but this does not mean everyone with Hepatitis will develop liver disease most do not.

Being under stress can cause bowel changes and stool color can also effected by diet
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 03:51:06 am by Lynn K »
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Donjoe

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 03:51:00 am »
Lynn I was wondering if you've heard of "FixHepc" they supposedly have a generic version of harvoni for under $2000. Have a look and check it out.

Just thought I'd share the info just in case you weren't aware. In fact, I'd like to know what you think about them either way.

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 03:55:25 am »
Yes there have been many discussions about this group everything I have heard is good. It is a great resource for those without insurance to obtain treatment.

I thought you were worried about Hepatitis B?

Harvoni is a great medicine but not the best for all hep C genotypes. There have been great advances in hep c treatment since Harvoni was approved by the FDA in October 2014
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Donjoe

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 04:13:34 am »
Thanks again Lynn.

I was just trying to be of help with the fixhepc info. I realize your pretty well informed. And yes I'm very concerned about hbv. But I figured passing some info could be of help to others is all.  Thanks again Lynn your a god send as well Dr.James

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2018, 04:55:10 am »
I wasn’t the one who started the discussion about fixhepc I heard about it from one of our members that is what makes this site great is everyone pitching in to help one another ;)
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Donjoe

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 09:53:29 am »
Hello Lynn,

Can you please help me out with this one??
Is it likely that my eyes will yellow? I know your not a Dr.
Don't have many ppl I can go to..
If my eyes go yellow than I'm gonna be out of a job. My co-workers will flip out. Does anyone with hepatitis eyes go yellow?

I only have the bathroom issues I mentioned. No itch, no pain. I'm very uneasy

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 11:24:40 am »
If you don’t have hepatitis then there it is very unlikely. If you do have Hepatitis B because this is a common symptom of hep B you have very good odds your eyes and skin will become yellow this is called jaundice it is caused by elevated levels of Bilirubin.

With as long ago as this took place you would have developed jaundice by now.

I was just re reading your symptoms 99.0 to 99.7 is not a fever. Human temperature varies throughout the day. You may have been slightly overheated from the outside temperature or mild exertion.

You need to be tested to determine for a fact if you have hepatitis b so you can be treated. Your concern should not be your coworkers freaking out. Your concern should be getting the required treatement for a communicable illness.

Don’t ask people don’t ask the internet for a diagnosis

See your doctor find out for sure what is going on and get treated.

These results should come back within a day or two you should have your results by now
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 11:34:35 am by Lynn K »
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2018, 11:40:33 am »
http://www.hepatitiscentral.com/news/can_you_get_vir/

Hepatitis B Risk – The Hepatitis B virus can cause chronic liver disease – and has the potential to be fatal. Considered to be 100 times more infectious than HIV, Hepatitis B viral particles are in semen, vaginal secretions, stool, tears, saliva, sweat and blood (including menstrual blood). There is clear evidence that Hepatitis B can be transmitted through vaginal and anal intercourse, but it is unproven whether it can be transmitted through oral sex. Since it is so contagious, there is a theoretical risk of transmitting Hepatitis B through cunnilingus, fellatio or analingus.

Experts believe that viral hepatitis is more likely to be transmitted if either the positive or the negative partner has another STD, especially one that causes sores or lesions. Thus, suspicious symptoms should always be checked by a doctor before engaging in oral sex.

Besides being vaccinated against Hepatitis A and B, safer sex practices can help prevent the spread of viral hepatitis. Using condoms can prevent disease transmission during fellatio; latex or polyurethane condoms are best for disease prevention since natural skin condoms have small pores that can let viruses through. Latex dental dams, sheets of plastic wrap and latex sheets sold specifically for oral sex can help prevent disease transmission during cunnilingus or analingus.

Although the risk of transmitting viral hepatitis during oral sex is low, practitioners suggest abstaining if there are any cuts or sores on the mouth or genitalia areas. Additionally, some experts suggest avoiding brushing or flossing their teeth right before or after oral sex since these activities may create tiny abrasions or result in bleeding gums.

Vaccinations against Hepatitis A and B can protect you if you’ve been exposed to one of these viral particles during oral sex. However, these vaccines will not protect you from Hepatitis C or any other STD. Therefore, knowing what situations are riskiest, and being prepared to abstain or practice safe sex, is your best bet for engaging in disease-free oral sex.

Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Donjoe

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2018, 12:04:03 pm »
Thank you Lynn

I read that anything over 98.6 but under 100.4 is mild fever
Mild fever starting at 99. I also read 99 is in normal range. I'm constantly at 99.1 to 99.7

My Dr. Wasn't concerned after the Trich treatment. She was shocked to see me in for the follow up after the treatment although the paper clearly read "follow up on xyz". I'm assuming since Trich is easily treatable with metronidazole she didn't think I'd show for the follow-up. In fact she asked what was I doing back?

During the visit for what was only to be a follow up urinalysis "I raised concern about the color of my urine being darker than the norm". I failed to mention the stool changes due to ignorance. I believe she may have requested the [CBC with differential platelet--lipid panel--cmp12+8ac] tests to possibly find out what was going on. She's not my primary Dr. I don't have one anymore.
She did say she'd call me if there was any abnormalities. I have a few more days to wait. I'm scared as hell Lynn

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2018, 12:12:25 pm »
Worry does nothing to alleviate tomorrow it only steals the joy from today.

If you don’t have a primary care see any doctor they can perform the required testing.

Transmisdionthrough oral sex is low. Officially a fever is above 100.0 F when I was in the Army I’d you showed up at sick call with 99.9 you went to work. At 100.0 you got bed rest.

Can you ask this person if the have hep B? That would be a simple solution.

See that doctor or call discuss your concerns get tested as needed and move on.

Also you may consider discussing your high anxiety levels about contracting an illness with a doctor or counselor. Is it possible you suffer from anxiety?

Most people don’t go around scared as hell over worries about something they don’t even know has happened. Save that kind of worry for a confirmed diagnosis.

Even with a confirmed diagnosis of an illness treat your condition
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Donjoe

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2018, 12:18:44 pm »
Thanks again Lynn,

I've came across that article & I re-read it just now. All I seem to do is research these days. I'm no Dr Lynn. But I notice I have to drink very large amounts of water in order to keep mg urine from looking dark (or darker) than Apple juice. Everything I eat my stomach grumbles louder than I remeber. I immediately have gas after eating. And my stool color is yellow to clay colored.

I've taken plenty pictures of my stool and urine comparing it to "clay colored stool, pale stool, hepatitis stool, dark urine via Google images. It checks out pretty spot on. I've always been one to research. I just wish HBV was one of the things I was aware of, as it's not mentioned often.

Offline Donjoe

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2018, 12:27:33 pm »
I have insomnia and yes I have anxiety attacks. Didn't have the greatest parents like most of the world. I can't ask the woman it was a one night stand didn't know her very well. Being a hypochondriac definitely doesn't help. I assure you Lynn (again i know either of us are a Dr) if you have any idea of what stool changes look like (I mean no disrespect at all) then you could just about diagnose yourself with the symptoms mentioned. Bile blockage/gallstones/bilirubin/unconjugated and conjugated/urobilinogen is all that comes close.

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2018, 05:27:40 pm »
Yes pale stool is caused by bile duct problems not really Hepatitis except for those infected for decades who have developed liver cirrhosis.

The following are some of the most common causes of biliary obstruction:

gallstones, which are the most common cause
inflammation of the bile ducts
trauma
a biliary stricture, which is an abnormal narrowing of the duct
cysts
enlarged lymph nodes
pancreatitis
an injury related to gallbladder or liver surgery
tumors that have reached the liver, gallbladder, pancreas, or bile ducts
infections, including hepatitis
parasites
cirrhosis, or scarring of the liver
severe liver damage
choledochal cyst (present in infants at birth)

A person trying to diagnosis the self without medical trying has a fool for a patient.

Tell your doctor about your stool concerns have your doctor determine the cause and proper treatment. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 05:29:19 pm by Lynn K »
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Donjoe

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2018, 04:52:51 am »
Thanks Lynn,

Your very helpful, I'm gonna find out what's going on sooner or later. I'm just like many other worried folk that's desperately looking for answers. I wish you were Dr. Lynn you show more concern than most of the doctors I came across. I must have you know that my research paid off in the last visit. I noticed the Dr going to the computer for help for that episode of trich. She thought to give me azithromycin... I actually corrected her and asked "isn't the proper treatment metronidazole at 2grams orally in a single dose the best treatment for trich?" She then prescribed me the metro. The second best treatment would be tinidazole taken orally for a week. With that being said though most of us are amateurs at diagnosis our own research is sometimes helpful. One thing I've learned is listening pays off unfortunately most doctors seem to know everything and usually don't listen comprehensive manner.

I thought I'd find a forum and join so I could get a feel for what I could be up against. Please excuse my behavior, haven't been myself lately. Having someone to talk to eases tension that's no.1. Again I will find out very soon what's going on. But I can't thank you enough for all your effort Lynn, your a great woman. Since speaking with you I'd say I'm at least a bit more calm and slightly able to move towards the battle if need be. Thanks again.

Offline Donjoe

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2018, 03:47:20 am »
So I have my cbc and urinalysis.  Thought I'd have detailed information about liver function listed, don't see anything listing alt or ast.

I simply asked "does my liver and kidneys appear to be functioning normally"  She says yes everything looks fine.
She mentioned slightly elevated levels
WBC 12.4
Neutrophils 7.8
Lymphs 3.6

Urinalysis negative for everything including bilirubin (though urine is dark to yellow)
Urobilinogen is at 0.2

She prescribed bactrim... I'm hesitant to take because I'd like to be sure this isn't going to damage my liver. I'm still in the dark. Im still in the dark. My thing is, I'm wondering if I can take her word about my liver and kidneys functioning normally with the test results?

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2018, 12:36:18 pm »
Trust your medical professionals if they say you don’t have liver damage then you do not have liver damage.

Was one of the tests a Hepatic panel or a comprehensive metabolic panel? Those reports would have ALT and AST.

Bactrim can be dangerous for those who already have severe liver damage. Your doctor would know if you have severe liver damage.

You are not in the dark ypur medical team has told you you do not have kidney or liver damage. They are highly trained professionals follow their advice.
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Donjoe

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2018, 05:45:03 am »
Thanks Lynn, I went to the lab and was able to get more information. Are my levels ok?

Albumin 5.3
AST 30
ALT 40

WBC still elevated along with lymphs and now monocytes
I'd say smtg is going on.

Offline Donjoe

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2018, 10:46:59 am »
It says something happened when I sent the original message. Wasn't trying to send same message twice. Sorry.

The test she had done were-
Urinalysis routine
CBC with differential platelet
Lipid Panel
Cmp 12+8AC

I meant to add
bilirubin total 0.3
Alkaline phosphatase  63
Globulin 2.4

We are doing stool and prostate now? I dont know what's going on but something ain't right

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2018, 06:05:49 pm »
Hi I deleted your duplicate post.

About your results

Albumin 5.3
different labs may use different scales my lab says 3.5 to 5.5 isnormal range if your lab is the same thenyour result here is normal.

AST 30
my lab says 0 to 40 is a normal result so your results is normal AST is a liver enzyme this indicates nothing is irritating your liver at this time.

ALT 40
my lab lists 0 to 32 as normal range. If your lab uses the same scale then this is slightly elevated. Other labs may use 0 to 56 so it depends on the scale your lab uses. But even so we normally worry about elevations many times above normal not just a few points.

bilirubin total 0.3
my lab says Total Bilirubin normal is 0.0 to 1.2 and Bilirubin direct is 0.00 to 0.40 so either way per my labs scale your Bilirubin is normal.

Alkaline phosphatase  63
my labs normal range is 39 to 117

Globulin 2.4

I don’t get this tested but I found on Wikipedia “The normal concentration of globulins in human blood is about 2.6-4.6 g/dL.” But again it depends on the units your lab uses.
I found an old test result of mine from 2013 it said normal range is 1.5 to 4.5 g/dL

You should discuss your questions about your lab results with your doctor.

Do you have access online to your test results or can you ask for copies? They should have the scale usedand often mark an abnormal result as H for high.

I am sure once they have enough tests done they will have a better idea what is going on.

Best of luck
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Donjoe

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2018, 12:58:16 am »
Thanks Lynn, The alt is 0-44 for that lab. And yes "h" is used for abnormal results. I've been pestering the doctor, the doctor jus says your fine. I'm constantly asking how's my liver and kidneys? Am I ok to take Bactrim? They just rush you along as they are busy and have other patients waiting. I'm just trying to compare my numbers with others. I claim to have been exposed in March, so I'm basically trying to figure out if my numbers compare to a acute HBV infection.

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2018, 12:36:46 pm »
Your doctor said it was ok to take Bactrim. I am not a doctor follow your doctors advice.

Ok so your ALT is also normal nothing going on then. Did you have any abnormal results? There is nothing to discuss about normal tests. But since you had the scales for the test I guess you knew they were all in normal range.

For an acute infection you would be very yellow have very high Bilirubin test results and have ALT & AST in the thousands.

Your doctor has said your liver and kidneys are fine

I just read this thread your concern was hep b but I didnt see where you were tested for it. Maybe I missed it? If you were tested for hep B and it is negative you don’t have hep B.

Your doctor said they would let you know if they see anything, believe your doctor.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 02:00:51 pm by Lynn K »
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Donjoe

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2018, 05:20:12 am »
Thanks Lynn,

As you probably know. I've been playing Dr. Don Joe on myself. I will never do this again after  this is what caused my anxiety.I've only had Uti symptoms from Trich. I've never been tested for hbv i literally convinced myself I contracted it due to my symptoms (dark urine & abnormal bowel movements) I went to a walk in clinic and wasn't allowed to test without a doctors prescription.

I complained to the doctor about the aforementioned symptoms and that is what prompted all the blood tests. Then I started researching all over the internet, and that's what lead to my self diagnosis. I know I shouldn't play the role of a Dr...Just couldn't help it.

I'm currently thinking to ask for hbv tests to see if I'm infected, getting over infection or w/e else. If I'm currently infected, I don't wanna risk any damage to my liver or decrease my chances in clearing an acute HBV infection so I'd rather get tested before taking the Bactrim just in case. I've always been a worrier and a over analytical type of guy been trying to stop.

I call myself taking a few days off from the forums and this endless research after visiting the doctor and learning my liver and kidney seemed to be okay. But, my over analyzing (crazy) personality is kicking in so I figured it would be wise to ask for a test even if the Doctor hasn't thought to test me as if yet.

Lynn, your life on earth is vital to the lives of others, you have no idea how truly helpful you are. You have helped me keep my sanity.

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2018, 11:52:47 am »
That would be the process if there is a suspected illness then test for it to determine if it is truest gher or to eliminate it as a possibility. In your situation as there has been testing that shows you don’t have kidney or liver issues you will test negative do the test would be primarily for your own peace of mind.

Worrying is the most counter productive thing you could possibly do. It solves nothing and can actually create its own symptoms from anxiety.

As you are aware you have this issue have you looked into getting treated for it? It does sound like you may have anxiety although this is entirelya guess on my part. But instead of chasing conditions you don’t have maybe look into treating the one you do.

Wishing you the best of luck
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Donjoe

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2018, 02:11:19 am »
Thanks again Lynn,

I do have anxiety issues, haven't been diagnosed for that either. I have issues where my thoughts get the best of me due to over thinking. Like many people I tend to repress things and then it gets out of hand so that leads to a high resting heart beat idle thoughts and panicking.

I thank you for your time and efforts, hepmag is very  helpful/useful. You've put your brain power to use for many people keep up the good work.

I'm gonna ask for a test soon so i can rule out my urine and stool issues also hopefully the Dr can let me know what's going on with the stool sample she requested if that doesn't give an answer I'm definitely pushing for a hbv test because my restroom issues are keeping me on edge. Having insensitive friends with a lack of empathy doesn't help this is why I been hounding you. Sorry for that.

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2018, 02:47:20 am »
No worries

I hope your doctor can figure out what is happening if anything and ally your fears.
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

Offline Donjoe

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2018, 02:55:50 am »
I finally have my results
I'm negative for hepatitis (A,B &C)
Hcv ab <0.1 scared me up a bit. From what I come to understand that would mean negative as in haven't been infected.

Lynn I literally can't thank you enough. And I hope you stay healthy because people definitely need your touch, words of wisdom, knowledge and support. I'm sorry for being g such a softy... hopefully my numbers can serve as a (possible) marker for those who may think they are newly infected to not think the worse and to just get tested so you can move towards the battle or put your mind to rest.

Thanks Lynn, because of you I didn't lose my mind!

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2018, 12:13:25 am »
Thanks Donjoe youbare too kind

Congrats on your negative test results you are correct about the hep c rest it means you are not infected and have never been infected in the past.

I hope you can find the strength in the future to not have your fears running away with you and you can live a calm and peaceful existence

Best wishes
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
I AM FREE!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.