Hepatitis C Main Forums > Living with Hepatitis C

The hunt for treatment

(1/4) > >>

Hogan1956:
I figured i hijacked the "unwilling to get tested" thread long enough and its time to start one detailing my hunt for affordable treatment.
I received the Harvoni co-pay coupon from Harvoni support path website yesterday, and since it still requires a 70 thousand plus cash outlay on my part, i can cross that off the list as i crossed Medicare off.
I did however get approved for VA medical after breaking the promise to myself decades ago that i would ever use them for any type medical care. They said i would get scheduled for an appointment in the next 15 business days, so maybe by Halloween i will see a doc and start the fight to get them to cover costs.

So....its hurry up and get in line and wait for now ;)
Updates to follow.

andrew j:
I don't live in the U.S., Hogan - but from what I've read - mainly here - the VA offers really good coverage for people with Hep C.
Hoping that that's the case for you!

Best wishes,
A.

Lynn K:
Many here have been treated by the VA just takes time and waiting from what I understand.

Hogan1956:
VA got back to me in only 3 days time, i was impressed. 1st appointment comes september 20th, specialty appointments not likely before 2019....the wait goes on.

Hogan1956:
A quick update,

Saw the VA doc on the 20th, got referrals for the hep c and my cardiovascular problems, heard from the infectious disease department the same day and they set up a video teleconference call with a nurse practitioner for Oct4th.
After the consult they took a slew of blood and set up another for November 8th. She stated they will be able to tell me at that time whether or not treatment will be imminent or deferred.
The wait continues...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version