Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:38:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 157
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 101
Total: 101

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Tested Negative for HCV after 3 months of Harvoni Treatment!  (Read 6195 times)

Offline bluesdude64

• @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Tested Negative for HCV after 3 months of Harvoni Treatment!
« on: August 09, 2018, 08:01:30 pm »
I just received my lab test results and they came back all clear for the HCV virus! My Doctor is scratching his head because he put me on a 24 WEEK Harvoni program and didn't really think it would work so fast.

I had absolutely NO side effects. I went through a few weeks of PEG/RIBAVIRIN treatment a few years ago, and it kicked my butt!

I am very happy! Blessings to you all.

Offline SnowWhite

Re: Tested Negative for HCV after 3 months of Harvoni Treatment!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 03:40:32 am »
Bluesdude64,
I am so happy to hear the wonderful result of your treatment!

I have known a researcher (studied effect of Harvoni) from my original country and he did say to me that "Harvoni does its job really big time in the first 2 weeks." (And I found lots of evidence that confirms the way HA works)

I spoke with this person 2 weeks into my treatment (I was very scared, tired and depressed). He said "Been on med for 2 weeks by now? Then it is likely that most of the virus are gone by now." It was a wake up call for me because inside of me had believed that the hep c thing would be a never ending struggle but now that the idea of "viruses being gone" suddenly became a reality to me.

So hang in there! It may look very long to reach the last pill, but it WILL come! SW

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 12:24:05 pm »
Congrats on your good news on treatment. I guess your doctor may be new to these new DAA treatment regimens.

All patients are either not detected or a few are very weakly detected very early in treatment at the 4 weeks on treatment test. The test that says you are cured is the 12 week post treatment test. For most patients cure rates while very good are not 100% depending on prior treatment history and amount of pre existing liver damage. Almost everyone is not detected on treatment but a few do relapse when retested 12 weeks after treatment has ended.

I was not detected after 4 weeks of Sovaldi Olysio and at EOT (end of treatment) 12 weeks. However, when retested 12 weeks later I was found to have relapsed.

I started treatment again a few weeks after Harvoni was first approved. Because of my prior treatment history and having cirrhosis we went with Harvoni and ribavirin for 24 weeks. I was not detected at four weeks on treatment and again at EOT. But this time the treatment worked and when tested at 12 weeks, 6 months and one year post treatment I remain hep c free. I was finally cured after 37 years of infection and five treatments.

Good luck with the rest of your treatment I am confident you will have great results and be not detected on your post treatment tests.
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

Offline bluesdude64

• @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 03:58:09 pm »
Thank you so much!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.