Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:02:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 92
Total: 92

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Mavyret  (Read 9139 times)

Offline Casher78

Mavyret
« on: August 29, 2018, 06:34:26 pm »
Hello everyone!
       This is my first post and I'm nee to the forum so forgive me if this topic has already been covered. I'm about to start Mavyret next week and I'm a little anxious. I'm type 1a with stage 1 fibrosis. Treatment-naive. I already have some anxiety issues about taking medication. I don't even like taking antibiotics. I'm just wondering what other's experiences have been with this medication and would like to get some first-hand accounts of what to expect. Thanks

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: Mavyret
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2018, 11:33:46 am »
Welcome! If you type Mavyret in to the search field, you can browse and see what others have said.

Anxiety about taking medication is common, and I share your concern. I don't even like to take vitamins anymore. I will say, that living with a virus eating away at my liver (to say nothing at all about the fact that my blood was potentially infectious to others), was much worse than treatment. I LOVE the freedom of being hep C-negative. Treatment was a breeze compared to living with hep C.

Good luck!
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline andrew j

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 07:09:53 pm »
Yes - that was / has been my experience, too.

Most people have a reasonably easy ride.

You should expect some mild joint pain here and there - and the odd transient headache.
You should be able to manage these easily by eating healthily, and drinking plenty of water.

Hoping that your Tx goes as smoothly as mine did.

Best wishes,

A.

Offline mom2aebj

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 03:18:04 pm »
Good afternoon.  I am on day three of Mavyret.  I too had bad anxiety about starting it.  The only side effects I am experiencing are extremely increased fatigue, which I already had issues with, I'm type A1, infected due to IV drug use 6 years ago and already at late stage 3 fibrosis.  I also have been dealing with headaches behind the eyes and an achey feeling. Almost like the flu.  I am hopeing it's just my body getting used to it.
Regardless I'm gonna push thru it because at the rate the fibrosis is advancing now I need to get this Hep out of my system as soon as I can to avoid needing a liver transplant before I'm 50.  I know it'll be worth it in the end.
I'm just doing what I can each day this far and asking for help when needed.  These support groups help too
Good luck...seems like we will be taking this journey together!!

Offline Casher78

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 03:26:27 pm »
I'm also on day three. Feeling okay. I've been drinking a ton of water and only had a mild headache yesterday. Today I just feel kind of generally weird. A little achy. Nothing terrible. I take mine at night and usually start to feel side effects around 1 PM. They last a few hours and then mostly go away. My palms have been sweaty and I feel kind of warm. I'm not sure that it's not just anxiety, though.

Offline Curious Alice

• Started Maviret 12/9/2018
    • Hep C and Me Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 03:26:42 pm »
I am on day 5 now and I’ve been OK. A couple of days I had a headache which I was told to expect. I have been very tired, more so than usual and the occasional bout of dizziness. I’m just hoping they’re the only side effects i’ll Have to endure. I asked the nurse if my chronic fatigue will disappear once I’m clear and she said all my symptoms will be gone. I can only hope. The most important thing is the risk of infecting others will be gone.
Diagnosed with Hep C in 2004
Started Maviret 12/9/2018

Offline opaleye

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2018, 12:21:38 am »
Hi All,

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I have concerns about starting any new medicines because I am very sensitive (to drugs, and foods, and lights, and sounds), but with the cure rates I've been seeing, whatever side effects I get it will be worth it!

I had posted on another thread months ago that I had been approved for Mavyret in February, but Life got in the way. (My husband has had three surgeries since and I am his primary caregiver--not to mention working full time as well.)

Forgive me for time-traveling. My profile says I "started" Tx on October 20, 2018, but it felt good to put it in black and white.

Wishing everyone an EOT SVR!

Cheers,
@opaleye
1982 Dx Non-A Non-B infection
1998 Dx HVC genotype 1a; VL < 1 Million; Liver Biopsy F0 A0
2006 Liver Biopsy F1 A1
2015 Harvoni Tx 8 wks: 15 wks post-EOT: VL ~670,000 -- Relapsed
2018 Mavyret Tx 16 wks: VL 90 at 12 wks, dr stopped Tx per VL detected, severe fatigue, dizziness (a month later got pacemaker for bradycardia)
2021 Liver biopsy: No fibrosis
2023-12-14 Started Vosevi: Hemocrit 48.8, platlets 133, ALP 141, AST 91, ALT 75, VL 1824750
2024-03-14 EOT Not Detected!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.