Hepatitis C Main Forums > On Hepatitis C Treatment

Starting generic epclusa in the morning

(1/4) > >>

bock:
I will be starting generic epclusa in the morning. I have 2 genotypes and im scared if it will work out but I am hopeful. Scarred of side effects.
I read it is best to take epclusa with small amount of food so i am planning of taking light breakfast then pill and then 2-3 hours later full meal. Does anyone  have any advice?

Lynn K:
Epclusa is effective on all genotypes. The majority of people have no to mild side effects. The most common side effect is mild headaches which can mostly be prevented by keeping properly hydrated the old 8 each eight ounce glasses of liquid daily we all should be consuming any way.

Best of luck with treatment. I am confident you will have an easy time and be cured.

andrew j:
Bock,

Your plan is as good as any.
I used to take mine at 9 p.m. with dinner - and that seemed to work just fine - even if I missed out on some 'Harvoni High' time.
(You may experience an odd surge of energy soon after taking your pill) ...

The main thing is to remember to take your pill at the same time each day ... but you seem to have that sussed anyway!

Best of luck with treatment!

A.

bock:
Thanks!
Started today. So far nothing unusual. I hope all goes well.

Texnurse14:
Hello..I’ve been on Epclusa for nearly two weeks now and have been pleasantly surprised. I usually get side effects from everything, but I have none so far.
I just take it after dinner and forget I took it.
My pharmacist said to take it at the same time each day, so I set my alarm.
Best of luck to you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version