Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:22:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 55
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 46
Total: 46

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: When does Maviret start working????  (Read 11633 times)

Offline PhoenixRising

When does Maviret start working????
« on: December 20, 2018, 07:43:36 am »
I am into week 4 of an 8 week Maviret treatment and I feel as bad, if not worse, since I started. Please - anybody here who has gone through treatment with this drug, when did you finally start to feel like things were at a turning part? I’m feeling so depressed about it all.

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: When does Maviret start working????
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 11:42:16 pm »
Is it possible that something else is also going on? I do know of people who have had a rough time going through treatment. I also know that sometimes people have a concurrent medical problem that went untreated because they assumed the HCV treatment was causing them to feel poorly.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline andrew j

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 11:30:35 pm »
Our bodies go through a profound transformation during treatment.

Most people have only very mild side-effects ... a few transient headaches, and some mild joint and muscle pain.
Others feel a bit yuk - and a few experience severe adverse reactions, leaving them more-or-less debilitated.
You appear to be in the middle group? ... just feeling a bit yuk?
Typically - the recommendation is to hang in there.
... You should feel better once you finish treatment - if not before.

If it's worse than that, and you're feeling like things have gone decidedly wrong - you should probably consult your doctor.

Are you drinking plenty of water, and eating OK?
(These can make a real difference) ...

I can't get to a computer very often at the moment - so for now I'll just wish you well.

Hoping that you feel better soon,

A.

Offline LindaBalz

• FB
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 09:14:51 am »
Pheonix

some days I feel great. somedays I feel ick. But in 4 weeks I was undetectable for the virus. On my 9th week (12 being my full treatment). 2 days ago I did a hike 5.2 miles, next day in bed with a stomach ache all day. the point is...one day at a time. worth the bad days if cured.

Linda B
LB

Offline PhoenixRising

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 12:04:14 pm »
Thank you for your kind responses! Week 5 was pretty good, but week 6 has been sheer hell with increase in insomnia, headaches and exhaustion- and my joint pain has also ramped up. I am having a hard time walking today. I eat well, drink oodles of water, but I don’t have the stamina/energy to help my body with some exercise.

I am starting to suspect that while Mavyret is the catalyst for SVR, time itself is also a huge  part of the healing journey. I have to say the Mavyret TV ads make it look like you’ll feel like a million bucks in no time at all, and even my Hep C nurse said she had patients who felt amazing in a few weeks. Not so for me, but, like a Phoenix, I hope to rise from the ashes of this disease. Hoping weeks 7 and 8 are nicer to me.

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 02:52:13 pm »
At least you only have 2 more weeks to go, PhoenixRising. Hope it gets better soon. It will be worth it in the end when you are rid of Hep C.

kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.