Hepatitis C Main Forums > On Hepatitis C Treatment

Started my fourth week of Mavyret

(1/6) > >>

Macknine22:
Hello every one, I'm starting my fourth week today, of mavyret. as far as side effects, the one thing I can say is, I get some headaches, some upset stomach problems. Other then that, its been pretty good to me. I drive a tow truck for a living, I have seen a better pep in my step. Also I mainly drive at nights keeping my days open for appointments. I'm scheduled for my first testing (next Thursday)since taking the medications. I'm not at all excited, because I'm used to the let down. I contracted in 2000 for being stabbed in a attack to five people, one that had HCV. The attacker didn't have HCV. I was first notified in oct of 2000, I was stabbed in sept. I'm glad that I can talk about the HCV to a bunch of my peers. I have genotype 1A. I was told this is one the hardest to fight, because its chronic inflammation. But I'm off topic, any questions, let me know...   

jberlin:
Welcome to the Hep C discussion forum. We decided to make your post the start of its own thread, hope that is OK. What an awful way to contract Hep C and an awful thing to happen period. Best of luck with your treatment and pulling for you to be cured post treatment! 
Best wishes,
jack

Macknine22:
Thank you Jack, I'm honored to be among you all, it has been a lot to deal with. From getting the news to, informing my family, to drinking because of the depression, and drinking because of the medication cost. I have told my family, that given the second chance at life, I decided that cleaning up my life and living normal (away from alcohol) because the treatment was coming. I didn't take any other medications before this. So my first time on a regiment. I will try to post about my journey when I can, but I'm a tow operator, called at any time. Told my wife about the chat, she is confused about it, because I told her that I would not talk about it. But on here I feel free, because every thinks you only contract it thru needles. I was labeled a drug attic in hiding from old friends. But no one knows my story, I still feel ashamed about having HCV. So yes I do not tell at all, unless its important to do so. I just want it to be over, my job knows something, but I like leaving them in limbo, its none of their business, unless I'm injured or dead. but thanks again, I'm open to responses, if any. best regards. CSW...

jberlin:
Yes, each of us have some interesting journeys and stories in and around this horrible virus. But we have seen it go from non type A / non type B Hepatitis, to un-treatable Hep C, to really awful treatment with low success (been there), to pretty tolerable treatment with 90+% cure rate - so you are blessed that it is now as treatments have come so far. Do keep us informed about your treatment experience and certainly your outcome - which I know will be good news.
jack

Macknine22:
I forgot to mention one thing as a side effect, now that I think about it. So I'm not sure about anyone else, but since I started treatment, I have had the itches all over like mild. This could be from medication, because it didn't happen before. So that started week mid week three. Just wondering if anyone did as well. But I did get the tingling sensation (finger tips and arms) week one of medication. I read someone else had that, I can relate. CSW

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version