Hepatitis C Main Forums > On Hepatitis C Treatment

Harvoni & Fiber Supplements?

(1/1)

Desert Sky:
Hello,

I’m currently almost halfway through my Harvoni treatment. Is it ok to take fiber gummies while on Harvoni? I know fiber supplements slows the process of digestion down and wasn’t sure. Thanks!

Lynn K:
The best person to ask would be your doctor or pharmacist but anyway this is not an issue this is not how the meds are absorbed.

If you look at the prescribing information sheet you should have gotten with your prescription fiber supplements are not listed as a concern.

In case you don’t have the sheet here is a link

https://www.gilead.com/~/media/files/pdfs/medicines/liver-disease/harvoni/harvoni_pi.pdf

lporterrn:
There is no contraindication for taking fiber supplements with Harvoni.

slats1056:
 My specialty Pharmacist was very helpful with any questions I had during My Harvoni Tx. , any questions that she did not have an immediate answer to were followed up within hours once she checked them out. The Dr. , while knowledgeable pertaining to  Harvoni and its' side effects would basically tell Me to hold off unit running it by the Specialty Pharmacy folks first. The same with My Mavyret Tx. this time around. BTW, the only dumb question is the one that is NOT ASKED!!!! ;D ;D

Slats

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version