Hepatitis C Main Forums > On Hepatitis C Treatment

Starting mavyret today...really scared

(1/7) > >>

Shellae:
Hi all. I didn't think I'd have this much apprehension starting treatment, but here I am. I have to eat before I take my first dose, and my stomach is doing flips from the anxiety. I'm gonna do it though as this is the only way to get rid of this virus. So grateful for the less invasive meds today...just have to bite the bullet and swallow them. Glad this forum exists for us all. I read your stories and follow some of your treatment paths and am hopeful.

Lynn K:
Best of luck on treatment and just to add most people tolerate treatment very well with the most common reported side effect being a few mild headaches which may be avoided by keeping properly hydrated the good old 8 each 8 ounce glasses of fluids daily that we all should be doing anyway.

Shellae:
Thanks Lynn. When I saw the size of the pills I almost fell over. I was expecting little tiny ones. They went down easy though. I think my anxious nature makes things worse than they are.

LindaBalz:
Don't be scared! I did it and I am the biggest chicken, and I am undetected. Caught the flu during my treatment but it didn't alter the outcome, and not a lot of side effects. You can do this. Yea the pills are big! I have an anxious nature too. Took them at 9pm with a snack. and actually slept well. I feel pretty normal now and my last pill was in Jan. 2019.
Did 12 weeks-how about you?

Linda

Shellae:
Thanks Linda. I take them in the evening too after dinner...I slept normal last night. They have me on a six week regime, then another two weeks after that, and after test results, etc.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version