Hepatitis C Main Forums > On Hepatitis C Treatment

Insomnia

(1/4) > >>

Sage:
Rounding up my third week of Mavyret and I have nights when I can only stay asleep for an hour. Feeling stressed but I can’t put a reason to it. Yes, sometimes I am the Queen of denial, lol. I can’t say this is a side effect because I’ve had this problem for a while. It’s just increased a lot. I usually drink a little kava kava tea but I am afraid there is no way to know if it will effect the Mavyret. Any ideas?

lporterrn:
It's hard to say, but one thing I know about sleep is that when it gets disturbed it can be frustrating. As a recovering insomniac, I have learned a few things, and nothing has helped me as much as meditation, especially doing sleep relaxation exercises when I can't sleep. They don't always help me sleep, but they side-step the frustration and make the experience more tolerable. The Calm app has sleep stories. 10% Happier and Headspace have lots of sleep stuff - these all have free trials. There are some free sleep-related podcasts that are fun to check out.

That said, there are some big safety concerns with kava kava and the liver. I wouldn't take it even if it helped me sleep. Taken as tea may be safer, and although unlikely to interact with Mavyret, there is the inevitable problem of needing to relieve oneself of the tea, which I find interferes with my sleep.

Sage:
I can use meditation to fall asleep but I wake up in an hour then after a few times of that I can’t get back sleep. I’ll try the Calm thing.
How do I find out about other herbs.

lporterrn:
I totally relate to the waking up thing - it's aggravating.
Melatonin appears to be safe. Valerian root has some scientific backing too - but really needs to be avoided if you have liver damage - fine to use if you don't. Magnesium can help, but if you do tale it, be sure you take it alone (with a couple of hours window between other meds) as it can interfere with other drugs.
My go to favorite is lavender aromatherapy - I spray lavender on my pillow and dab some essential oil on my wrists for an occasional whiff while I sleep. I don't think it really helps but it makes me content. 

Becca333:
I am just over 2 weeks on Eclupsa and I have a hard time sleeping. Even when I do sleep for what seems like a decent amount of time I feel like I haven't at all. Sometimes I have bursts of great energy or I am exhausted and depressed. It is either one extreme or the other. I wish I was put on Mavret and only had 8 weeks to complete instead of 12.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version