Lab results question

(1/5) > >>

Freahugs:
Hi,

I’m wondering about if anyone knows anything about this:

12/26/19 - hep c ab lab taken as a general weight loss panel
12/30/19 - md calls to let me know I’m reactive
12/31/19 - hep c ab lab taken again
1/2/19 - md calls to let me know it’s equivocal. They didn’t run the viral load or genotype bc the test is equivocal. So the saga continues
1/2/19 - I go to lab to get hep c viral load and genotype
Awaits nervously.

Do you think that I could possibly be negative if the first one was positive but then the 2nd one was equivocal. I’m really dying right now with this.

Freahugs:
I meant 1/2/20*

Lynn K:
Did they send you to get the HCV RNA test or did you request that on your own?
But either way you will know for sure in 7 to 10 days what’s going on.

Yes it is entirely possible you don’t have hep c

I did find this about equivocal results

“When test results are neither positive nor negative

Sometimes the hepatitis C antibody test is reported as equivocal. That simply means the result is neither positive nor negative. In this case, the test needs to be done again with a new specimen.”

Edit: by the way you should be able to edit your post although I think there maybe is a time limit for that ability

Freahugs:
The doctor requested it bc my ab test had been reactive. Even though it’s equivocal she said that she will still test me for the other things (normally they would wait 6-9 weeks). Thank you for your response Lynn! I have to say ever since the day before I found out about the reactive ab test, I started having a low grade fever that has stayed with me. Yesterday, I started having strange gi issues where the food goes up and down, now I’m having abdominal pain. Previous to all of this, on around 12/6/19 I noticed my face was very yellow. I just thought it might be stress but I rmener even texting my good friend to tell her about it and she asked me if I had jaundice to which I replied no way, why would I have that? And I’ve lost about 8 pounds in the last year which is not normal for me because I’m already thin and I’ve been eating a lot.

Ah noted about the edit.

Lynn K:
The low grade fever and GI distress could be many things including stress over this situation. It highly unlikely that would have anything to do with hep c.

A better indication of jaundice would be yellowing of the white areas of the eyes and also having very dark urine looking like cola. My friend looked jaundiced at one point. Turned out she was on a weird juice diet drinking a lot of carrot juice. But her eyes weren’t yellow.

Assuming you actually were experiencing jaundice (which by the way I’ve never experienced) here is a link to posible causes of jaundice one on the list is anemia

https://symptomchecker.webmd.com/multiple-symptoms?symptoms=pale-skin%7Cyellow-skin&symptomids=174%7C259&locations=66%7C68

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version