Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:06:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 69
Total: 69

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 12 weeks after treatment ended  (Read 17744 times)

Offline Midnightbanana

12 weeks after treatment ended
« on: June 21, 2020, 04:10:28 pm »
I've been anticipating this time with the hope there would be good news to post. Amazingly, 2 months after treatment ended, I caught Covid-19. After 4 weeks of dealing with that, now I feel better. Friday I had my 12 week blood draw after treatment ended. Even though I was ill with Covid, I still didn't want to delay finding out about the possible success of treatment for Hep C.

The news is very good.
ALD 47
ALT 16
AST 21

virus Quant <12 units per ML
                  < 1.08 log

These numbers are great. "Undetected" is basically what the Quant means.

HISTORY:
On Nov 4, 2019 I found out that I was infected with Hep C. I likely had it for 30 years but didn't know it. My liver ended up moderately damaged at F2.
My numbers then were:
Quant over 3,000,000
ALP 61
ALT 47
AST 41

So after 12 weeks of generic Epclusa, I can report success.
My 4 week test was very promising. My count was only 20! So I had high hopes the treatment would be successful.

The one scary thing about contracting Covid-19 was that I worried about my immune system being compromised. I was afraid this would open the door for the Hep C to rebound. Thankfully this didn't happen and I was just being paranoid. Having Hep C can do that to your mind!

I have to say that the psychological stress associated with being diagnosed with Hep C was pretty intense. To then get Covid-19 only added to my anxiety levels. I'm 71 now, have type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure so there was plenty to worry about with getting Covid. Luckily my case was mild although I have to say, that illness is a beast.

Right now I just feel very lucky to have gotten through all this. I feel lucky there is great antiviral treatment for Hep C. I feel grateful to the HealthWell Foundation for taking the possible financial burden off.

One lesson I learned from going through all this is COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS. Get treatment and stay positive.

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
Re: 12 weeks after treatment ended
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 01:47:22 am »
Thanks for the update and congrats on being cured of hep c. So sorry to hear you contracted covid. Thank goodness it sounds like you had a mild infection and didn’t need to be hospitalized or go on a respirator.

Enjoy your hep c free life!
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

Offline Midnightbanana

Re: 12 weeks after treatment ended
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 08:40:15 am »
Lynn,

Thanks for the kind words! Yes, very fortunate the Covid wasn't worse. I knew I had it when I lost sense of taste. That only lasted a few days but it was very worrying and discouraging when it happened. I got the test and positive result for Covid only because my friends were nagging me to go do it. It was obvious I had Covid even without the test. Just like the Hep C, didn't know where I got it! I was being so careful but apparently it is very contagious and everywhere in the U.S.

Thanks for being there and being helpful to people going through Hep C and treatment. You are one of the angels I found while going through it.
Take care!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.