Hepatitis C Main Forums > Post Hepatitis C Treatment

12 weeks post Mavyret treatment and I’m going to lose my mind!!!

(1/4) > >>

joy2world:
Hello, all. I’m new, obviously. A little backstory - Found out about the possibility of having HCV about 5 or 6 years ago. An *extremely* proactive doctor saw a slightly (and I mean BARELY) elevated ALT level on labs and suggested an antibody test. I did engage in IV drug use when I was 17-18. I had been clean for 10 years at that point, and had two pregnancies since then, and thought surely if I had something it would be caught. Wrong. Antibodies were in fact detected. Sadly for me, I had no insurance and no way to treat.

5 years later, (Dec 2019) I’m fully insured and ready to find out FOR CERTAIN if I have it, and to get rid of it ASAP before it does serious damage. I prayed for a spontaneous viral clearance, but that wasn’t in the cards for me. My doctor was shocked because my LFTs were completely normal. Prothrombin and INR normal. AST and ALT normal. Platelets at 288. I had such high hopes, but alas, I was diagnosed with an over 3 million viral load of genotype 1a. And it had been chilling out in my body, unnoticed for 15 years. Bummer.

Finished with Mavyret 8 week treatment on April 28th 2020. Treatment naive 34 year old female, no cirrhosis and perfect labs and liver function tests prior to treatment. Due to Covid, I was not allowed to get any lab work done during treatment! I had no idea if the treatment was working at the halfway point or if they needed to extend me to 12 weeks instead of 8. It was incredibly frustrating.

One week AFTER treatment, I finally had my viral load checked and I was STILL DETECTED. BUT from over 3 million to  <12. Viral load could not be quantified.. Ive read multiple people having this result as well, and went on to SVR12, SVR24, and so on. So I’m trying so hard not to lose hope. It makes it even more frustrating that my GI doc told me she considers this treatment failure. I sent her clinical studies proven that some patients do in fact test <LLOQ at EOT and still go on to SVR, but she seemed very skeptical and pretty much told me to not get my hopes up.

So I waited. For 11 more weeks... Every ache, every itch, every twinge, I was certain that this parasite inside was replicating. I repeated the viral load test 4 days ago, along with another LFT. Still waiting for the viral load test and the wait is KILLING MEEEEE. Got my LFT back and the only change is my ALT went down from 28 pretreatment to 18 post treatment. Not much solace to me since they were normal before treatment and they’re normal after treatment.

If anyone wants to chime in with their experience testing detected at EOT, or even a week post treatment, please feel free! I’d love some words of encouragement because I’m a nervous wreck and the wait is playing games with my head. Send some good vibes and if you’re the praying type... say a little prayer for me. I should find out one way or another in a day or two.

badbradley:
@joy2world,   I think that your liver enzyme result of 18...down from 28 pre-treatment is a tell tale sign of successful treatment. Even though pre-treatment was in normal range, typically a relapse will cause your ALT and AST enzymes to increase. This is 12 wks post treatment so I would put my money on SVR12!!! Let us know. Good luck!

joy2world:
Thank you so much badbradley. I certainly hope you’re right! The waiting is a killer. Especially since I never got that UNDETECTED before. I would imagine that a week after treatment would be long enough for the Mavyret to wash out of my system and allow for some type of viral rebound. I will definitely update soon, hopefully with good news.

Lynn K:
Hi and welcome I relapsed after treating with Solvadi and Olysio when treatments were very new. At that time I had Hep c for probably 36 years and cirrhosis for seven. I had done three treatments with interferon based meds.

My first indication things weren’t going well was when I got my ALT and AST results back at 12 weeks post treatment a few days before my viral load test came back. I learned my ALT which had been normal for the first time in decades while on treatment had again risen slightly above normal. Sure enough when my viral load came back I was at the same viral load I had been at before treatment.

We had a member here who had a detectable viral load I think also at 4 weeks post treatment but went on to achieve SVR his name is dragon slayer if you would like to read his story.

Your liver enzyme test results are encouraging hang in there and hopefully you will becable to educate your doctor this is possible.

Good luck please update us when you know :)

joy2world:
Hello, Lynn! Thank you for your kind words of encouragement!!

I received my results today. STILL DETECTED <12  :o

I’m just at a loss for words. How?! 12 weeks without treatment and it’s still showing as detected, but the viral load still can’t be quantified either. I guess I should be thankful that at least it’s not viral relapse. Soooo, kinda good news... but extremely baffling to me.

I don’t know whether to feel disappointed or encouraged at this point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version