Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:25:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 70
Total: 70

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Test Window Confirmation  (Read 9769 times)

Offline benshat

Test Window Confirmation
« on: April 15, 2013, 01:14:48 am »
Hi, one day short of 21 weeks of possible exposure I was tested for all three forms of Hepatitis A, B and C. Was told at Gum Clinic no further tests required. All results were negative.

When confirming with Gum Clinic they said it should be fine and the six month window period is the maximum time it could appear. Also think about the last time at risk.

I contacted again and they said for people worrying wait until the maximum window period to get complete piece of mind.

I asked how long and they worked it out as 28 weeks.

Now one should my initial results remain confirmed one day short of 21 weeks and two how long is the Window?  24, 26 or 28 weeks. If they say six months I estimate 26 weeks.

Two days after 26 weeks I am due at clinic again for second Hepatitis Vaccination. Please advise as I may be worrying over nothing and just want to get on with my life.

Ben

Offline benshat

Re: Test Window Confirmation
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 07:21:15 am »
Is noone responding to this. I am rather anxious and worry about smoking cigarettes if a gum has bled from smoking?

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
  • Contracted Hep C in 76, treated 2004 & 2012, cured
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 03:31:18 pm »
Sorry, I am not sure what you are asking.  If you were tested for hepatitis and it was negative, then you don't have hepatitis, unless, as you said, you were exposed recently - but by 21 weeks you would have a positive result.  But, if you are concerned get another blood test in a couple of months I guess.  The bigger question is why do you suspect you have hep?  You mentioned bleeding gums, so is there some contact with a person that has hep?  And you asked about smoking and that is easy - don't smoke, or hep will be the least of your fears! 

If you clarify what you are asking, perhaps someone here can answer more clearly.  Good luck - jack

Offline benshat

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 01:28:00 am »
I was worried a test one day short of 21 weeks is not conclusive as some say six months. Is that 26 or 28 weeks.

I was worried someone may have sucked my penis when a possible small sore which may bleed slightly was on it. But that may have been my imagination and I could be panicking over nothing as I go not physically remember having unprotected oral sex.

All other stds have been tested one day short of 21 weeks and are negative.

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
  • Contracted Hep C in 76, treated 2004 & 2012, cured
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 02:50:29 pm »
I think you have lifestyle risk issues, but Hep is probably not one of them, and this forum is likely not the place for you to seek additional help, but I do hope you find some help.  Good luck.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.