Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:37:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 157
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 106
Total: 106

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Question about Daclatasvir/Sofosbuvir and some other  (Read 15768 times)

Offline mcmaklin

Question about Daclatasvir/Sofosbuvir and some other
« on: May 27, 2013, 08:13:43 am »
Hi,

I found Hepatitis C accidently in my blood., genotype 1.
My liver is not in a bed condition F1 S3 (Fibroscan) - the good that I was never drinking and I don't smoke, I am 38 y.o., I had 3 blood transfusions after I was born.
 I would like to know something (there was a subject here but it is not updated) -
1. Are there any upcoming non interferon treatments that will be son in a phase 4 or 3B not listed at clinicaltrials web page?
2. What is the final thing with a famous Daclatasvir Sofosbuvir duo? It has been discontinued?
3. I think I can wait for a new treatment I hope

Thank you
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 08:17:52 am by mcmaklin »
2ndTreatmnt  geno 1b- Vosevi 12 weeks - SOT Sept 12 2018 to EOT Dec 5 2018. Pre-treatment - VL 1.4 mil, ALT 45, AST __, ALP 69, GGT 90, bilir 16. 2 weeklabs:VL 49, ALT 26, AST __, GGT 53. Bili 21, 4 weeklabs:VL <15, GGT42 other normal, 5weeklabs:ALT 17,AST 27, Bili 11.8,  ALP 68, GGT 36 ... VL 12,   6weeklabs ALT 19, AST 26, Bili 16,20, GGT35, VL<12

1stTreatm Compl. Viekira+Exviera no Riba Nov2015. 1b,TT,F1, 1400000U Relapsed 4 weeks EOT

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
  • Contracted Hep C in 76, treated 2004 & 2012, cured
Re: Question about Daclatasvir/Sofosbuvir and some other
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 10:31:17 pm »
Hello,

Nice to meet you but sorry you have to be here.  Lots of new and promising treatments are being tested, so assuming your liver really is in good shape it is worth it to wait and see if the treatment time shortens and the side effects improve.  Dr Muir, Hepatologist from Duke and one of the leading liver docs, told me in 2011 I should think about waiting, but I decided for a couple of reasons to retreat (I was treated and relapsed in 2004-5) last year with the Incivek triple therapy and I am now considered cured.  But, it is now a year closer to possible new treatments, so you should see new options within 9-18 months.  Here is the current drug pipeline: 
http://hcvadvocate.blogspot.ca/p/quick-reference-guide_21.html

And his is Dr. Muir, just this last week, discussing the drug pipeline:
http://hepatitiscnewdrugs.blogspot.com/2013/05/watch-dr-andrew-muir-discuss-latest.html

Hope this helps!

Offline iana5252

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 09:25:39 am »
2. What is the final thing with a famous Daclatasvir Sofosbuvir duo? It has been discontinued?

Unfortunately there appears no hope of a phase III trial involving Sofosbuvir and Daclatasvir. Here is the latest news from the phase II trial. It was presented at the European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL) conference in Amsterdam last month.

Sofosbuvir, Daclatasvir Combo Cures 100% in Hep C Trial
http://www.hepmag.com/articles/sofosbuvir_daclatasvir_2501_23846.shtml

"because of the fact that Gilead has opted not to work jointly with BMS on advanced studies of the two drugs in combination, preferring instead to set its sights on a single combination pill of sofosbuvir with the company’s own ledipasvir, it appears unlikely there will ever be a U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval of sofosbuvir and daclatasvir in combination."

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 04:44:10 pm »
Just a quick update - my sources indicate that it looks like Daclatasvir will be delayed... but we should see some effective non-interferon treatment options in 2014.  -jack

Offline mcmaklin

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 03:38:44 am »
Only Daclatasvir? Not the second one from the coctail? So did they stop producing  or there is an agreement?
So will there be any phase 3 of clinical trials?
What are other non-interferon treatments?
2ndTreatmnt  geno 1b- Vosevi 12 weeks - SOT Sept 12 2018 to EOT Dec 5 2018. Pre-treatment - VL 1.4 mil, ALT 45, AST __, ALP 69, GGT 90, bilir 16. 2 weeklabs:VL 49, ALT 26, AST __, GGT 53. Bili 21, 4 weeklabs:VL <15, GGT42 other normal, 5weeklabs:ALT 17,AST 27, Bili 11.8,  ALP 68, GGT 36 ... VL 12,   6weeklabs ALT 19, AST 26, Bili 16,20, GGT35, VL<12

1stTreatm Compl. Viekira+Exviera no Riba Nov2015. 1b,TT,F1, 1400000U Relapsed 4 weeks EOT

Offline iana5252

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 09:32:54 am »
They have stopped testing daclatasvir and sofosbuvir together. Both drugs remain in development.

Here is Hep's latest report on the pipeline...
Hep C’s Blockbuster Season
http://www.hepmag.com/articles/blockbuster_season_2502_23937.shtml

Also a heads up that Gilead filed for FDA approval for sofosbuvir in April.

Gilead is seeking approval for the drug to be used with ribavirin for those with genotypes 2 or 3 of the virus, and to be used with ribavirin and pegylated interferon for treatment-naive people with genotypes 1, 4, 5 and 6.

The full story...
http://www.hepmag.com/articles/sofosbuvir_FDA_2501_23780.shtml

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 10:07:11 am »
What I was told by someone involved with clinical trials was:  "It also looks like Daclatasvir will be delayed.  Same issue will come up with simeprevir."  I believe this to be a reliable statement.  The drug pipeline I posted in my 1st response lays out what is in phase 2 or phase 3 trials, and that story iana posted seems to agree with the Dr. Muir video that we will see non interferon treatment options in under 2 years.  Perhaps sofosbuvir is the silver bullet?  I hope so!  -jack

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.