Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:52:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 100
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 70
Total: 70

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: start my 9th week tomorrow on Incivek  (Read 11917 times)

Offline Marilyn666

start my 9th week tomorrow on Incivek
« on: November 04, 2013, 09:35:24 pm »
hey everybody i have been reading this forum for quite sometime and finally decided to join in.  I start my 9th week tomorrow on Incivek and of course the other lovely drugs that go with it.  the beginning was pure hell but now i think its gotten better or im just getting used to it.  this is my second time on treatment i didn't respond the first time on dual therapy.  I feel sad and irritated sometimes and other times im OK.  Mostly, i just wanted to say that reading this helps me, just knowing there are other people going through what im going through.

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
  • Contracted Hep C in 76, treated 2004 & 2012, cured
Re: start my 9th week tomorrow on Incivek
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 06:02:04 pm »
Hi Marilyn, as you can see from my profile, I too was a relapser, then I did the Incivek triple therapy (12 weeks, dual 12 weeks), and was declared cured this past May after 36 years with Hep C. Incivek made me very moody, depressed and angry a lot, and I hated the schedule.  What was your viral load at 4 weeks?  Your life gets much better after the Incivek, I found the rashes better, the lows not as low, and finally not on the damn schedule and fat grams!  This is my favorite Incivek video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QokLEMqSvXc Enjoy!
Cheering for you!
jack

Offline Marilyn666

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 07:44:20 pm »
i just watched the video and i loved it lol.  I love that she still had a sense of humor in the really bad times because boy do i ever need mine at times lol  When i hear that you are cured and the lady in the video, it gives me hope.  My viral load went from 5 million to 84 week 4.  I haven't had it retested yet, not sure when they will be doing that.  I wanted it to be lower, i wanted it to be undetectable and somehow felt ripped off when it wasn't.  im over that now though, i have just never cleared the virus and i wonder what that feels like!! Anyway Jack thanks for responding and can I ask what your viral load was at week4??

Marilyn

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 05:20:21 pm »
Nearly 5 logs, still very good, have you been religious about the schedule? That is crucial because of the half life of Incivek. Every 8 hours!  You should have been tested at 8 weeks, and should now be UD.  The next big test is at 12 weeks, just as you stop the Incivek.  That will be UD and if not, they should stop your treatment.  Are you scheduled for 12 additional weeks of dual therapy, or more than that?  Keep it up, you can beat this crappy virus! -jack

Offline Marilyn666

35 weeks and counting
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 08:00:16 pm »
Hello all of my fellow dragon slayers, I just wanted to touch base with everybody since i haven't been on here in a long time. I was in a really bad place the last time i posted but since then, have been doing a lot better.  If you would have asked me at the beginning of this journey if i would have made this far, I would have not really believed it because i never thought i would ever be undetectable ever.  Im still undetectable and just plugging along, fighting the good fight. Im in the home stretch and can only pray that it stays away but knowing that i have done everything i can to help myself, i shall rest easy whatever the outcome, but of course i want to be cured!!!!

Sending hope and healing thoughts,

Marilyn

Offline Mike

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 08:46:36 pm »
Hi Marilyn,

Your in the home stretch and virus free!! Man, great job! I did 48 weeks of INTF+RIBV, and know what it is like.

One more dragon slayed!

Best thoughts and wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 09:00:02 pm »
Marilyn,
Thanks for coming back and filling us in.  I had wondered about you a couple of times. 

Glad to see you stuck with it! Life got better after the Incivek, didn't it.  And, you got UD which was huge!  Now it is the dual therapy until you finish, and the virus can't come back during treatment, so the big test is the 12 week post treatment blood draw - which I know will still be UD!  So proud of you, because I know how tough it is.  Do keep us informed and keep counting down! 

-jack

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.