Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:06:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 84
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 46
Total: 46

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Week 10 of SOL+INTF+RIBV  (Read 8894 times)

Offline Mike

Week 10 of SOL+INTF+RIBV
« on: March 31, 2014, 03:35:06 pm »
I just completed my 10th week of triple tx, which included SOL+INTF+RIBV.

I'm genotype 1a and a previous non responder (48 weeks of RIBV+INTF). I've had Hep-C for 30 years and was dx in 2001. Grade 2 fibrosis.

My baseline VL was 9,000,000ul/ml. It was checked again after 1 week of treatment and was 103ul/ml! 3 weeks later, it was undetectable!

Side effects have included periodic headaches, muscle aches, minor itching, dry mouth at night, mild cough, some sleep issues, dry skin and fatigue. The side effects have been managed with Tylenol extra strength, plenty of water, skin lotion and rest. It hasn't been near as bad as the first treatment.

I take my last shot on 4/11/14 and 12 week VL 4/18/14. If everything holds, and there is no indication it wont, I should be undetectable at week 12!

Solvadi is a true miracle drug and game changer!

If there's hope for me; there's hope for everyone! Stand tall and hang in there. 12 weeks goes pretty darn fast!

Best wishes, Mike

« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 06:05:14 pm by Mike »
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: Week 10 of SOL+INTF+RIBV
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 07:17:48 pm »
This gives me goosebumps of hope. Hoping you have the best possible outcome.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline Mike

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 07:56:06 pm »
Thanks Lucinda,

I have some real hope now. But more importantly, anyone thinking about starting treatment has hope.

Has the therapy been fun? No. But it is manageable - especially with a short 12 week course (i.e., SOL+INTF+RIBV).

Hep-C is a pernicious bastard that is going to get stomp out for good (and I'll see this in my lifetime).

If you're sitting on the fence regarding treatment, please look at the new options. Especially, if you've been unsuccessful in the past The 12 week course is so much easier than the 48 weeks, many of you, myself include, endured in the past without benefit. I remember praying: God get me trough week 17, week, week 29, week 38..

In fact, when I talked to my GI in late December, after researching the new tx breakthroughs from previous year, the thought of starting INTF again almost made me not move forward. I'm glad I chose, otherwise.

I'm a realist - and  I know I'm not out of the water and a relapse is still a possibility.

But the news has been good thus far, the journey has been manageable, and hope is very much alive.

Don't sit on the fence - get treated and let's kick this pernicious bastard called "Hep-C" to the curb...

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline jberlin

• Global Moderator
  • Contracted Hep C in 76, treated 2004 & 2012, cured
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 11:21:58 pm »
Wow, how far we have come.  Mike, great post and absolutely the right message.  From what I have read, your chances should be north of 75% for cure at this point, and if UD at week 12, around 90%.  Can't wait for your late July results from that blood test, but I predict UD then too!

Hoping you join me soon in the 'I beat Hep C' cured club!  -jack

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.