Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:12:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 147
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 98
Total: 98

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: GT 3A 4 Wk VL UND  (Read 14002 times)

Offline annabanana

GT 3A 4 Wk VL UND
« on: July 07, 2014, 11:44:55 pm »
Hi everyone, I received my 4 week VL (3 weeks and 2 days actually) and it is UND <15 IU/ml.  My HCT is getting lower so the doc reduced my riba from 1200 mg to 600 mg.  Overall I feel pretty good not too many side effects.  Started week 5 today only 19 more to go.  Glad I decided to move forward with TX and hope the next 19 weeks will be manageable.
Genotype 3A          DX 2002        VL 400,000     TX Naïve   AST/ALT Normal    Started Sol/Riba 6/9/14 for 24 weeks   UND 4 wk

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: GT 3A 4 Wk VL UND
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 12:20:26 am »
Wow, wow, wow!!!! I am delighted!!!! Thanks foe letting us know.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 12:21:33 am »
Wow, wow, wow!!!! I am delighted!!!! Thanks foe letting us know.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline Krissy

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 06:22:04 pm »
Great news!!! I am so happy for you. How are you feeling? Any new side effects?
I am right behind you at 4 weeks yesterday. I did my labs this week and my HCT was down a little, 13.50 to 12.5. I will get the results for my VL next week. It is gonna be a long week but I hope I get good news like you.

I am feeling good, sleeping better. Still get the annoying headache though. My doctor told me she could prescribe something but I told her I would wait. Tylenol and Advil don't help much but I tried plain old aspirin yesterday and it seemed to help.

Keep the faith!!
Gen 3a, VL 3.4 mil, TX Naive, CURED!!!

Offline annabanana

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 12:23:22 am »
Hi Krissy
Thanks!  I feel pretty good overall, no major side effects.  Just a headache here and there but usually drinking enough water helps a lot.  Wishing you good luck on your VL.  Please update when you find out!
Genotype 3A          DX 2002        VL 400,000     TX Naïve   AST/ALT Normal    Started Sol/Riba 6/9/14 for 24 weeks   UND 4 wk

Offline Krissy

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 03:42:31 pm »
I got my good news today too! Undetectable after 4 weeks! I also found out my base line VL was over 9.5 million! Much higher than I thought.
I am feeling great! I know I can do 20 more weeks now.
Tonight I am going out to celebrate, although I will lift a glass of iced tea instead of cabernet. I sure miss a good glass of wine but even that seems small compared to what I am celebrating.

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 05:21:40 pm »
Congratulations. You certainly have cause to celebrate. Enjoy your ice tea.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline Mike

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 05:38:38 pm »
Congratulations to both of you! That 4 week undetectable marker is a great boost and the treatment goes pretty quick thereafter.

That means the drugs are working and can spend the rest of the treatment kicking the heck out of any remaining virus. That's how this treatment works: Sovaldi rabidly reduce the viral load to an undetectable level, and spends the rest of the time beating the crap out of anything that even resembles a Hep-C virus!

Two more dragons slayed!

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline zeena

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 05:33:32 pm »
congratulations  !!!! i find out my vl this week. my liver feels  as if its not there which i consider normal, since right before therapy and months before it hurt on an almost a daily basis.so happy for both of you!!! here is to a long and healthy life! cheers (with lemonade)

Offline Anette

• Soon just transplanted, not transplanted with Hep
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 05:42:24 pm »
Krissy....big hugs from me in Sweden. Great news. Good luck with your "new"life!
Genotype 1a

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 12:07:15 am »
YAHOO GIRLS, I THINK LEMONADE AND TEA ARE THE WAY TO GO. DAY AT A TIME RIGHT? THIS THING IS SO CRAZY I HAVE BEEN POUNDING DOWN ICE TEAS WITH WATER AMD IT JUST HIT ME,"NO WONDER I HAVE BEEN VIBRATING LATELY! I FORGOT ANY CAFFINE SCREWS ME UP.SO ILL FIND SOMETHING ELSE AND LEMONADE GIVES ME HEARTBURN BECAUSE OF MY REFLUX PROBLEM. I LIKE WATER BUT NOT THAT MUCH! I WAS TRYING TO INCORPORATE SOMETHING TO GO WITH IT THAT WAS GG
OOD. AND YES CRANBERRYJUICE EFFECTS REFLUX TOO. ANY IDEAS ANYONE! MAYBE ILL TAKE A JELLY DOUGHNUT AND STUFF IT IN JUG AND SHAKE, THAT SOUNDS DIFFERENT EH? ME AND MY JELLY DOUGHNUTS LOL  WILLIE G AND THANKS FOR THOSE POSTS BECAUSE I WOULD STILL BE PUNDING TEA,I GUESS YOUR MIND HAS TO CIRCULATE TO PERCULATE! ANY BODY GETTING SICK OF MY "SHORT STORYS"? TO MAKE ALONG STORY SHORT. LOL  MY DAD ALWAYS SAID I COULD TALK THE ASS OFF A WOODEN HORSE! THX FOR PUTTING UP WIT ME AND WORSE COMES TO WORSE WHEN YOU SEE WIILLIE G  PASS ON BY LOL

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2014, 12:21:32 am »
Willie - you are cracking me up. I am off to bed but with a smile on my face. Hope the tea wears off so you can get a good night's sleep!
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline annabanana

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 01:08:11 pm »
Hi Krissy,
Excellent news!  Congrats...let's just keep on keeping on :-)

Offline Krissy

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2014, 01:34:59 pm »
Thanks everyone.  I didn't realize how important it would be to "talk" to people about this journey. It has really been uplifting.
Zeena, I am hoping you get the same great news! Keep us posted.

Offline yag1064

• Enjoy the life you have.
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2014, 05:26:22 pm »
Hi Kristy,

I too was surprised by this forum of gentle hearts. I have read posts and comments made by the members. There seems to be genuine compassion when responding to a "need to know" question or a tearful one. Kindness and understanding seem to radiate out from these posts. I think it come down for me as we all walk the path. Some of us have been cured. Some of us have had complications. Still more are starting treatment with all kind of wonder, while others are just beginning to realize what it means not having to live with the virus anymore.
   I will end my treatment on the 24th of July. Blood work on the 25th. It will be clear because nothing has changed. Then it is back to living my life. One less obstacle to overcome.
   I plan to help those who still have the virus and those that are free in anyway in anyway I can. And it is nice to have this space to turn to in times of celebration or need.

May all be happy, and find the root to your happiness. 

yag1064
Tested positive 2007
Non respond-er to treatment 16wk of 48wk
Started I/R/Sol May 2014
Hep C returned as of Jan 2015
Started Harvoni Sep 16, 2015
1st Test V/L:20
2nd Test V/L: undetectable
Dec 2015 EOT V/L undetectable
12 wk SVR :undetectable  Mar 25,2016
24 wk SVR: undetectable  Jun 24,2016
52 wk SVR undetectable   Dec 16,2016   -- I,m past it!!!
Shambhala

Offline Anette

• Soon just transplanted, not transplanted with Hep
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2014, 08:40:21 pm »
yag1064. Another one that are finish soon...cured. I am happy to read all this stories that ends well. I started 23 days ago. So one more week for me to next bloodgiving day to nurse! Maybe i wrote all wrong, hope you can understand anyway. Once again.....both tumbs up from me!
Genotype 1a

Offline zeena

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2014, 11:11:20 pm »
just got my labs and i think  my old liver enzymes were 173, now they are  17? does that sound right?  the virus is undetected, my red and white cells are normal.  I feel blessed ! with all these new sober tools and the possibility of a longer healthier life, wow! what a wonderful time to be alive !!now, if my memory would just sync in, hopefully i can reduce the riba next month, and my memory will get stronger. thank all of you for your support and humor during these tense days.

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 12:05:06 am »
Fantastic ALT Zeena - yes, that sounds right!
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.