Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:14:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 141
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 108
Total: 108

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Olysio + Sovaldi 8 weeks in; big viral load reduction but no SVR is this NORMAL?  (Read 8123 times)

Offline amocuatli

So my Doctor called and said that the hoped for SVR was not acheived in 8 weeks; that this happens and that we can be hopeful for it in the 12 weeks bloodtest.  Then I remembered reading that in the Cosmos study like sixty something percent of the people didn't get a response by week 8--but went on to have a viral response after 12 weeks.
Is anyone else having the same experience; also does anyone else remember reading this and where it could be found.
Worried (a little) in Lovely Alabama--Amocuatli

Offline Mike

Here's the link to the COSMOS study. Please remember that SVR (sustained virological response) refers to the period after you finish or discontinue treatment - it does not refer to any period while you're on treatment. So an SVR4 means that the virus remains undetectable 4 weeks after the date treatment was completed.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCUQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jnj.com%2Fnews%2Fall%2FFinal-Data-from-the-Phase-2-COSMOS-Study-of-Janssens-Once-Daily-Simeprevir-in-Combination-with-Sofosbuvir-Presented-at-The-International-Liver-Congress-2014-of-the-European-Association-for-the-Study-of-the-Liver-EASL&ei=yCG_U5LIB8KRyASj3YDADQ&usg=AFQjCNEv_DrOIvWK6qW0xps6VvNK4B2X1g&bvm=bv.70810081,d.aWw

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline mitpabon

« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:03:23 am by mitpabon »

Offline amocuatli

Yep, not an SVR, an RVR and I must have really been a mess because I also made a mistake on the number of weeks this is 8 weeks, not 12. I started on June 2! here's what it says about this topic in the study you sent me the link for THANKs btw:  Rapid virologic response (RVR, defined as undetectable HCV RNA at Week 4 of treatment) was not found to be predictive of achieving SVR. In patients receiving simeprevir and sofosbuvir alone for 12 weeks, 93 percent achieved SVR, while 57 percent achieved RVR

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.