Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:08:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 109
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 109
Total: 109

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: life after treatment  (Read 11684 times)

Offline meshell93

life after treatment
« on: July 22, 2014, 04:30:07 pm »
Hi all
Can anyone explain how you feel after treatment and you've cleared the virus? Do you notice that you have more energy? Loose or gain weight? Brain fog cleared?
Thank you and I'm so happy to those that are slaying the Dragon! I start s/o tomorrow 1a and been tired now 20 years

Offline spider123

• Keep On Keeping On.....Pay It Forward
Re: life after treatment
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 08:52:00 am »
Hi   Meshell93;

I do not know what combo of drugs you treated with or How long

you are Post -Treatment....but I, treated with Peg-Interfuron and Ribivirin

for 48-weeks from 2008-2009 and Achieved "SVR'   non-Detectable in August of

2009 and I,   have Tested that way for 5-years now,  but....I still have......

Post-Treatment   24/7 " Chronic Fatigue "   Muscle Aches and Pains,

Occaisional  Brain Fog,   Leg-Cramps,  Etc.   I,  recently was Diagnosed with

Non-Alcholic  Fatty Liver Disease !  But,......Remember this,  Every Person,

Reacts,  to Medications Differently !   I, am not a doctor, so you should Educate,

yourself and trust your Doctor and Nurse Team !   This Website has Lots of

people who can Share their stories with you !

spider123 

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 11:45:26 am »
Congratulations! I hope you are hep c-free soon! I have more energy, less brain fog (but I am over 60 and my peers ca't remember a thing either), and kept my weight in the normal range. The biggest change I've noticed is that I don't panic when I bleed - the fear of infecting others is gone.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline virgha828

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 11:10:53 am »
Hi Lucinda,

I understand the panic when bleeding! I freak out when bleed. My daughter says its my psycho alter ego.  I make everyone get away from me until its controlled, covered and cleaned up.  I didn't even think of it till you mentioned it. I'm sure it took a few  before you didnt panic.  Thanks for sharing that!

Offline hlthy8

• Eat Well
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 07:03:49 pm »
I'm on 12th week of O/S combo. I feel much better. It has not effected my weight, no strange cravings or anything. It is almost so benign I ask if I am taking anything. If it were not for the positive response on  the lab work I'd question if it was a placebo. I have had a headache, stomach ache here and there but nothing too bad. In the first two weeks or so I was a little more tired even though I felt better overall. So I slowed down to let my body help fight the virus off. Pay attention to your body it will tell you all you need to know. Also make sure you get routine blood work done - I did labs at week 1, 2, 4, 8, 10 and 12. I went ND at week 1 but back to Detectable at week 4 than back to ND so I'm not sure I will clear it..but my doctor said I stayed below the 15 IU so he feels i'm doing well. My case is unusual...so I really don't know what to expect.

Offline badbradley

Re: health update
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 11:39:26 am »
Hello All,
    Quick health update. Trtmnt naïve-1a, bsln VL-860,000-early hepatic steatosis,hgt.-5'2'' wgt.-120 lbs.  Finished S/O meds 11/10/14.undetected at 12 wks.
     Three wks post trtmnt.--  I've noticed a definite improvement in sleep- 7or8 hrs - deeper sleep,dream almost every night. My memory is gradually improving-recalling things without as much effort. Digestive system is stabilizing-regular,consistant. Kidneys seem to be functioning better. The last mth of meds my kidneys were definitely struggling some. I stopped multi vit at wk 10 - seemed to help some. I just started taking my supplements. Daily multi vit, krill oil,vit D. I keep it pretty simple. Try to eat a variety of nutritious foods.
     Started doing more strength training. I kept it fairly light during treatment. Feels good. I walk as often as possible. Fresh air is a must - helps with sleep also.
   Overall, I feel very good. I try to focus more on improving my present health than test results but at times I do get a little anxious about it.
   As it stands ,my next VL test is early Feb. per my request. I'm hangin' with "being relieved of the burden of the future" for awhile longer. I'm alright with that!
     Best wishes to everyone.         Brad

Geno 1a
Sov/Oly 12wks - relapse
Har/Riba 12wks
Alt-16  Ast-17 SVR - 12
Alt-15  Ast-14 SVR - 24

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 12:30:49 pm »
Enjoy the sleep and your new life Brad - hoping it sticks!
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.