Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:19:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 118
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 111
Total: 111

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Liver Pain?  (Read 8996 times)

Offline annabanana

Liver Pain?
« on: July 25, 2014, 08:50:51 pm »
Hi everyone
I am finishing up week 7 of Sol/RIBA and am having pain on my right side.  Almost like a cramp you get when you run after drinking water.   Is this a SX of TX.  I was UND at wk 4 and have always had normal LFT but was recently DX with fatty liver pretreatment. The pain comes and goes and is  about a 5 on a scale of 1-10.  I know the liver doesn't have actual pain receptors but I would hope there isn't inflammation going on. Any input is greatly appreciated.   
Genotype 3A          DX 2002        VL 400,000     TX Naïve   AST/ALT Normal    Started Sol/Riba 6/9/14 for 24 weeks   UND 4 wk

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: Liver Pain?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 10:58:49 pm »
We don't know why this happens - liver pain is one of the great mysteries. Some of it has to do with the capsule that surrounds the liver, and other organs. The big mystery is that it doesn't correlate to anything. In short, best not to speculate if it means anything. Of course, severe pain needs to be checked out, along with pain accompanied with fever or other serious symptoms.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline Shirleyb

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 11:48:54 am »
I had severe pain in my upper right abdomen in November which turned out was a gallstone moving. The worst pain ever! I was in the hospital for 2 weeks on heavy drugs until it passed, but my gallbladder is like a dried up prune and of course surgery wasn't an option. Now besides no salt, I also follow a very low fat diet as well.

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 12:41:33 pm »
THE BEST WAY FOR ME TO DESCRIBE LIVER PAIN IS;;I USE TO BE A BOXER AND I COULD BE AHEAD MANY ROUNDS BUT IF MY OPPONENT EVER THREW A DIRECT HIT TO MY LIVER I WOULD USALLY BUCKLE AND COULDNT STAND THE PAIN,VERY SHARP, VERY CRAMPING, LOOSE YOUR BREATH, KINDA LIKE GETTING KICKED IN THE BALLS,, THAT MAKES YOU GO DOWN TOO WITH SAME PAIN LOL   WITH THIS HEPC STUFF IT CAN HURT LIKE A TOOTH ACHE ON AND OFF BUT YES YOUR GALLBLADDER IS IN THAT AREA TOO, GALLSTONES CAN KNOCK YOU YOU DOWN OR CAN BE LIFETHREATING, THATS WHAT I THOUGHT I HAD AND WAS HOPING BECAUSE THEY CAN REMOVE IT AND YOU CAN EAT HOT CHILI PEPPERS FROM THE ITALION DOWN THE ROAD AND THERE HOT! BUT IF YOU HAVE A BAD GALLBLADER ALL SPICY, HOT FOODS CAN TRIGGER AN EPISODE. GET IT CHECKED OUT BEFORE IT GETS TOXIC AND YOU MAY GO BYE BYE,,,  WILLIE G

Offline Mike

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 01:04:54 pm »
Here's some good news: Most of the liver pain associated with Hep-C is due to liver inflammation, which can cause the liver to enlarge and press against other organs etc. Liver inflammation can also cause thoracic pain (mid-back) and upper lumbar region pain.

Once the virus is cleared, which will be the case for the vast majority of those completing a Sovaldi-based treatment protocol, the liver can start to heal, and the pain (caused by inflammation) will begin to subside. This can take up to 90 days after the cause of the inflammation is removed, which, means, if the inflammation is caused by a viral infection, once the virus is eradicated.

Sovaldi is a game changer in so many ways!

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 07:47:40 pm »
AS USUAL MIKE GOOD INFO, I NEEDED TO HEAR SOME INFO ON THAT THX  WILLIE G

Offline rainbowray

• Gen 1B
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 10:46:57 pm »
I read where a few cases of the pancreas getting affected by Ribavirin and it is on the right side, kind of above the stomach, below the liver. Ask you Doctor to make sure.

Offline annabanana

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 12:16:19 pm »
Thanks everyone...I won't worry too much  but will discuss with nurse/doctor.  I will just keep on keeping on...only 16 more weeks to go.
Genotype 3A          DX 2002        VL 400,000     TX Naïve   AST/ALT Normal    Started Sol/Riba 6/9/14 for 24 weeks   UND 4 wk

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.