Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:45:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 68
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 36
Total: 36

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 8 weeks----is this still detectable ??  (Read 11225 times)

Offline DesertGuy

8 weeks----is this still detectable ??
« on: August 28, 2014, 08:02:59 pm »
not sure what these mean---(once again)
I'm still showing a trace correct???
Aug. 21, 2014 01:14 p.m. MDT 
Hepatitis C Quantitation 20.00 IU/mL HCV log10 1.301 log10 IU/mL Test Information: The quantitative range of the assay is 15 IU/mL to 100 million IU/mL using COBAS(R) TaqMan(R) HCV test, v 2.0. The limit of detection (LOD) and lower limit of quantification (LLOQ) for this assay is 15 IU/mL. Results less than the quantitative range of the assay will be reported as "HCV RNA detected, less than 15 IU/mL".
If someone can read this better than me  please do--I do not see the doc until next week. I got these online

Offline Picnic

Re: 8 weeks----is this still detectable ??
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 08:15:00 pm »
Yes ,Desert guy, the lowest amount detected is 15. You are just above that. You are almost there! Good luck!!!
Larry

Offline DesertGuy

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 08:54:16 pm »
see--actually--that's no better than one month ago---so most are undetectable at 4, and I still am at 8--at the moment I'm not exactly jumping with joy

Offline DesertGuy

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 09:03:32 am »
Any more Genotype 3 --24 week--Sol/Rib  people out there??------what were your results??  I know I'm one of the toughest to treat, just would like to hear from others going thru or have completed the 24 week group----

Offline Bucky

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 10:41:44 am »
Any more Genotype 3 --24 week--Sol/Rib  people out there??------what were your results??  I know I'm one of the toughest to treat, just would like to hear from others going thru or have completed the 24 week group----

Desertguy,  I know that this wasn't the result that you had hoped for. I really don't know if it applies to type3 but my doctor said when I started S&O that if I wasn't UD at 4 weeks(geno1) that she would add ribivirin to my meds. Thankfully I met my goal and did not have to use ribivirin. Naturally I don't know how open your doctor is to ideas, but maybe you should discuss adding Olysio.
And on the outside chance you still can't get UD, the Mac Daddy of hep meds should be approved for use in the US by late fall.

http://www.hepmag.com/articles/Daklinza_EU_approval_2501_26078.shtml
Bucky
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 10:45:54 am by Bucky »
I HAVE SLAYED THE DRAGON.....CURED SVR24!

Offline Mike

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 11:49:26 am »
Hi DesertGuy,

Keep your chin up. The virus is almost undetectable. Also, this is why you are on a 24 week course vs. a 12 week.

The Sovaldi has plenty of time to knock this virus out.

Stay the course and keep positive.

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline amocuatli

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2014, 07:34:31 am »
Hey my test was  the same as yours DesertGuy at 4 weeks, then at  8 weeks it became undetectable and has remained undetectable since. Maybe it just takes some of us longer?? This's is really a dr question, but just wanted to let you know what happened to me and maybe give some hope.
Amo

Offline DesertGuy

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2014, 08:19:28 am »
Please--what treatment--and what genotype are you?---I think the fact I already have cirrosiss is one of my factors--now I'm really hoping that this even works with my stage at where I'm at

Offline amocuatli

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 10:39:34 am »
I'm 1a and no cirrhosis but have had it at least 20 years probably more like 40 -- been having lots of brain issues this disease is not silent as they say-- I think clandestine is a better word- it has it's own agenda and it goes about your body screwing everything up but making sure you can still live so it won't lose it's host. Remember you are fighting a very strong enemy do everything you can to make yourself as strong as you can be-- nutrition, exercise, rest NO ALCOHOL. The same things that healthy people do to keep themselves strong and more. It may be harder for us but we have to do it. The depression is the virus in your brain ; get help fight it don't let the virus win!!
I have three months before I can say I'm cured. Death from HepC is awful--almost as bad as living with it while it's eating you alive. Fight it! Now we have some awesome help with these new drugs- but they need help too and that help is your attitude and desire to live.
Stay strong, live long!  Whatever you can use here use it whatever you can't toss it.
I'll be waiting for your undetectable post!

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 09:52:17 am »
amocuatli - I love this " this disease is not silent as they say-- I think clandestine is a better word" - I want to tweet this. I'll protect your identity or attibute it to you - your choice. Brilliantly stated.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 09:54:14 am by lporterrn »
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline Bucky

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2014, 10:28:09 am »
amocuatli,   Well said,
Bucky
I HAVE SLAYED THE DRAGON.....CURED SVR24!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.