Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:47:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 162
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 83
Total: 83

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Are Fibrosis Tests a Good Way to Decide on Hep C Treatment?  (Read 7430 times)

Offline Hep Editors

• Hep Mag
Are Fibrosis Tests a Good Way to Decide on Hep C Treatment?
« on: September 11, 2014, 03:57:27 pm »
Using tests to determine liver fibrosis severity among people with hepatitis C virus and only treating those with advanced fibrosis is actually not cost-effective compared with a strategy of treating all, regardless of their fibrosis stage. This finding may change, however, as new treatments enter the market, possibly with higher price tags.  

This new exploratory analysis estimates that if cure rates rise above 90% for people with hep C genotypes 1 through 4, new drugs would have to remain below about $60,000 for a “treat all” strategy to remain cost-effective.

Read more: http://www.hepmag.com/articles/fibrosis_treatment_2501_26143.shtml

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
Re: Are Fibrosis Tests a Good Way to Decide on Hep C Treatment?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 05:34:56 pm »
THANKYOU hep editors, and thx for all you do, that was something i WAS wondering.    just, Willie g

Offline rainbowray

• Gen 1B
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 10:44:10 pm »
Treating all makes more sense, if you treat 25% of all, with stage 3 or more at 100,000 dollars but treat all 100% at 50,000 dollars it equals twice the profit and less health care costs later in life. If it is the money that is the motivator.
We know it is not the caring about who suffers and who don't, but if all get treated that will be the "secondary" benefit. (which really is the higher reward)

Offline willie g

• geno 1 25million etc. s/o for treatment
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 09:25:39 am »
there you go RAY, but i guess in the world of greed and politics takes precedence over human beings,,, i don't think it is going to get better in my lifetime and it has seemed like as more knowledge and research has advanced it seems to worsen than make since. i must say though i thank the true pioneers at the bottom who literally do the frontline research and believe in their hearts they are doing it for the better of mankind. Imagine being one of those technicians or scientists that research and research and all of a sudden they have found a cure or almost cure for diseases such as ours or other ones ? its sad all their days of devotion and hard work are shadowed by idiots and money which in the end HOW MUCH money would it take for them to understand>? well we know the answer to that one,they just buy pants with bigger pockets. it is the nature of the beast RAY, its the nature of the BEAST.   ''just''wilie g

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.