Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 08:46:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 57
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 34
Total: 34

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Six weeks on Olysio/Sovaldi and going strong  (Read 5631 times)

Offline hlthy8

• Eat Well
Six weeks on Olysio/Sovaldi and going strong
« on: October 06, 2014, 02:18:38 pm »
Hi, I am new to the community. I have been on Olysio/ Sovaldi for six weeks. I am genotype 1A and nonresponder to interferon and ribo. My viral load is non dect. at 2 weeks. ALT and AST are back in normal range. I have not had normal enzymes for over 25 years.  I hope the cryoglobulemia effect will go away as I clear the virus.
 My mind feels clearer, slightly more energy at times and mild side effects. I'm excited about the new drugs coming out soon especially the Gilead Sovaldi/led. combo in one pill. These are amazing drugs. I have to pinch myself to be sure this is all real. After struggling along with minimal options it is like a feast all of a sudden. Everyone should be treated with these new meds.

Offline badbradley

Re: Six weeks on Olysio/Sovaldi and going strong
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 12:08:01 am »
Welcome hlthy8,
   Just finished 7th wk. on S/O - going strong as well. Will have wk.8 blood next Tues. Wk. 4-undetected...Feeling better and better each week! I too eat well and exercise often. I try to get in a light jog (30-45min.) 4-5days wk. Light strgth. training. I believe it helps the immune system.
   Concerning CRYOGLOBULEMIA - It's my understanding that when the virus goes,so does the "GLOB". There are earlier posts regarding this topic as well.
   These new meds. are certainly a miracle. I am grateful for the good fortune to  have not had the experience of former treatment regs. Wishing you well.

Geno 1a
Sov/Oly 12wks - relapse
Har/Riba 12wks
Alt-16  Ast-17 SVR - 12
Alt-15  Ast-14 SVR - 24

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.