Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:11:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 157
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 103
Total: 103

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Took my last O/S yesterday!  (Read 13657 times)

Offline Anette

• Soon just transplanted, not transplanted with Hep
Took my last O/S yesterday!
« on: October 13, 2014, 09:09:35 am »
Hi all. I took my last dose of Olysio/Sovaldi yesterday after 16 week totally. Does anyone know how long it takes to for this drug to leave my body? I mean i had a huge headache, i guess its a sideeffect and hoppfully it will end now, but when? A week, a month before this med.combo is gone from the system?
Keep up all!
Genotype 1a

Offline Jaxson

Re: Took my last O/S yesterday!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 09:37:44 am »
Did you have photosensitivity while you were taking?  After 6 weeks I have developed a rash on hands and face from overexposure.  Is there something that helps with this?

Offline Anette

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2014, 10:05:58 am »
Hi
Sorry to hear that, and no, i got nothing like that. I stay away from the sun constantly. I was so afraid from the sun, i used tons of sunblock. I took tha block that is used for babies and kids. Big hat, sunglasses and long sleven and parts.. Stay away of the sun all the time, that is my advice. Godd luck in future!

Anette
Genotype 1a

Offline Jaxson

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 10:12:01 am »
Thanks, all good abvice.  Getting benadril.  Otherwise feeling much better!  Thank you Lord!

Offline Bucky

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2014, 10:40:10 am »
It took me about a month for the very few negative effects to subside. My major one was the photosensitivity issue.
Bucky
I HAVE SLAYED THE DRAGON.....CURED SVR24!

Offline Anette

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 10:52:14 am »
Hi
Noe its 2 weeks ago i stop. And i feel GREAT my new life has started!!!! Finally. Im so happy, omg.
Take care!

Anette
Genotype 1a

Offline Bucky

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 11:21:24 am »
Hi
Noe its 2 weeks ago i stop. And i feel GREAT my new life has started!!!! Finally. Im so happy, omg.
Take care!

Anette
Anette,
Did you happen to read this: http://www.hcvguidelines.org/full-report/when-and-whom-initiate-hcv-therapy
The second section on Clinical Benefit of Cure has wonderful news.
Bucky
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 11:23:19 am by Bucky »

Offline Anette

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 12:10:06 pm »
Hi
Thanks for the link, great news yes. How about you? Are you done with the cure? I dont remember. I am gonna take the 1 month test after closed treatment 17 november. Im not afraid or worried, i can feel it in my body and mind that the Hepatit is gone and burried.
Genotype 1a

Offline Bucky

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 12:38:44 pm »
Hi
Thanks for the link, great news yes. How about you? Are you done with the cure? I dont remember. I am gonna take the 1 month test after closed treatment 17 november. Im not afraid or worried, i can feel it in my body and mind that the Hepatit is gone and burried.

Yes I am over 8 weeks post (S&O). I go the second week of December for my 12 week post treatment blood work. I feel like my HEPC is gone as well because I still have that clear vision and no brain fog.
The fact that my stamina is also improving everyday is a plus. I turned 59 on Thursday (yes I am a Scorpio) so every bit of extra energy is greatly appreciated.
Bucky

Offline Anette

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 12:47:08 pm »
Bucky....thats great news. I feel as you do the same, the clearness is gone, i feel "sober" if yoy understand the parable. Im 54 but i feel im 24. Im happy, i like myself again, im focus i feel "intelligent" haha, again parable.
I live in Sweden and in December we go by plane to USA im looking so much forward to that!
Genotype 1a

Offline Bucky

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2014, 03:06:22 pm »
Bucky....thats great news. I feel as you do the same, the clearness is gone, i feel "sober" if yoy understand the parable. Im 54 but i feel im 24. Im happy, i like myself again, im focus i feel "intelligent" haha, again parable.
I live in Sweden and in December we go by plane to USA im looking so much forward to that!

Anette,
Yes "sober" is the way I would also describe how I feel.
I am glad that you are going to travel and visit here in December.
Bucky

Offline Jaxson

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2014, 09:49:31 am »
Went to doctor yesterday to see about rash, he says it is reaction to overexposure to sunlight. Got some benedril and will try to keep covered a little more. Positives outweigh negatives obviously - the "cloud " is gone , better clarity, better awareness, feeling more energy, body aches are gone as well. Not bad for 62.

Offline Bucky

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2014, 10:23:40 am »
Went to doctor yesterday to see about rash, he says it is reaction to overexposure to sunlight. Got some benedril and will try to keep covered a little more. Positives outweigh negatives obviously - the "cloud " is gone , better clarity, better awareness, feeling more energy, body aches are gone as well. Not bad for 62.
Hello Jaxson,
My neighbors thought that it was odd that I spent the second half of the summer inside my house. I would sneak out at sunrise and work a little and then go back into my "coffin" until sundown when I would cut the grass. I could not stand the sun on my skin even through clothes.
Needless to say, I am playing catch up with my yard work before the cold weather gets here. I am thankful for the new energy to accomplish this. 
Bucky 

Offline Jaxson

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2014, 10:50:46 am »
Yes, I am getting that now. Gloves are my next purhase, the sun on my hands while driving caused this flareup.

Offline oldmarco

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 09:14:37 pm »
Taking my last dose Friday. How long does the sun sensitivity last . Haven't swam in the ocean in 3 months or the pool last time I played golf it was sunscreen long sleeves long pants panama hat, wasn't that bad though

Offline sunrise

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2014, 09:59:31 am »
Hi all
      Hope you had a great birthday! Mine was Monday.  Scorpio also
On my 5th week of s/o tx.. still waiting for vl test back. Have been having side effect of anxiety, with the fact today I go for mri. Mammogram and ultrasound inconclusive. I pray nothing is bad. I have enough to deal with as this tx. Hope for many more yrs. Good luck to all of you in your recovery.. say a prayer for me ...sunrise  :)

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.