Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:04:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 137
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 106
Total: 106

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Medical Tourism/Online Pharmacies  (Read 12687 times)

Offline GoingtobeatHep

Medical Tourism/Online Pharmacies
« on: October 17, 2014, 08:50:21 pm »
I hope this post and responses to this post will be allowed here.  Many of us cannot afford the cure, do not qualify, or have no insurance for it. So we have to look at other ways to get daclastavir/sovaldi/simeprevir, etc. But being the EXACT same medications are 99% less in India, it looks like a trip to India is an option and perhaps some people in our group have already gone to India and can post their experiences, what Drs. they went to, etc. If more people go elsewhere for the cure,  then the Pharmas may be inclined to drop the prices to be affordable in the US, but I would not hold my breath on that. Besides India is said to have great Drs and has some beautiful sightseeing. I would love to see groups of people take  "India Trip For HepC" and come back and tell the rest of us about their trip. Also, there is talk of reputable online pharmacies that might have these same medications at a deep discount (keep writing them and asking them too!). And perhaps Giliad might have their generic in India developed soon, as well. Like anyone, I just want to be cured. I am a treatment "virgin", and have been using Milk Thistle for years Type 1a (suspect cause blood product in the 80s) normal alts, viral load (high) same for over 10 years. Thanks for this wonderful forum and eagerly await your response.

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: Medical Tourism/Online Pharmacies
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2014, 09:08:22 pm »
Hi Goingtobeathep -
Welcome - no worries about this not being allowed - we are in process of formulating some gentle guidelines, and until then, I just hope that people are kind. I don't want anyone shooting our wounded.
BTW, India is a wonderful country to visit. I am cured of hep C, but I'm not cured of yearning to go back to India.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline GoingtobeatHep

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2014, 09:41:41 pm »
:) thanks...........definitely a wounded warrior. Love your work on this site. Very nice!!   Would love to see a collaboration of USA India Drs and India/Indian Drs.    Help open the gate further. Hoping someone has an "Angie's List" for medical tourism as well. I know we have great healers in our country, but sadly, cannot afford anything here.

Offline GoingtobeatHep

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 09:46:50 pm »
oh, and congratulations on being cured!!! Awesome !

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 10:24:47 pm »
Are you uninsured?
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline GoingtobeatHep

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 10:31:38 pm »
yes, uninsured with bad DTI

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 10:41:12 pm »
By any chance did you see this thread: http://forums.hepmag.com/index.php?topic=1630.0 - the patient assistance programs are being generous with the drug - the trick is to get covered for labs and doc appts.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline GoingtobeatHep

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 11:00:53 pm »
Thank you, I will look into that

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.