Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:44:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 157
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 97
Total: 97

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Harvoni - New to forum - just started treatment  (Read 10578 times)

Offline juan81

Harvoni - New to forum - just started treatment
« on: November 03, 2014, 03:43:51 pm »
Hello, I am new to the forum. I have gained a lot of knowledge from everyone. and I Thank you. I am Praying for you and yours.

Just to give a brief summary...
I just started treatment. Harvoni for 8 weeks. 33 y/o male, HCV+ since 2010. Geno 1a, viral load as of 10/21/2014 was  47,000, 0 fibrosis, treatment naive... Doctor said I am perfect candidate for 8 weeks, as my starting vir load is really low. I am on day three, and the only thing I am experiencing so far is fatigue. 
I guess I have 2 questions, or concerns... at the moment.

1.) 8 weeks??? Seems to good to be true. and what if it isn't long enough? A relapse after taking this drug would be devastating! I'd probably rather take it for 12 weeks just to be sure. Any thoughts on that would be great.

2.) I could not find anything on the net about Harvoni and expectant fathers. My significant other is 5 months pregnant. Has anyone Read or know of any warnings for fathers. I read the warnings about riba and expectant fathers, which now has me worried about me harming our baby. Of course, help in finding the answer to this question is obviously way more important to me than anything.

I'll check back in when I have the chance.

Thank you again and God Bless  -Juan

Offline johnsshutts

Re: Harvoni - New to forum - just started treatment
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 03:49:36 am »
juan81,

These are questions your doctor needs to answer. I will tell you what I think. I think you will be cured in 8 weeks. It looks like you have no liver damage, and a very low viral load. A person went from 9 million to 73 in 11 days on harvoni. You can check it out on here, I think it under harvoni. I'll look and let you know. I think youy baby will be safe, but you need to ask your doctor. . You will be just fine. You will be cured juan81, congrats.

Offline johnsshutts

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 03:52:26 am »
Under: Starting Harvoni,

GOOD NEWS!!!

After being on Harvoni for 11 days the viral load went from 9,196,402 on 10/16/2014 to the results below.  I'm sure by today it is most likely undetectable.

Huge Success!

HCV RNA RT-PCR, QT       73

Offline fllazylady

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 06:57:47 pm »
Under: Starting Harvoni,

GOOD NEWS!!!

After being on Harvoni for 11 days the viral load went from 9,196,402 on 10/16/2014 to the results below.  I'm sure by today it is most likely undetectable.

Huge Success!

HCV RNA RT-PCR, QT       73

Offline fllazylady

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 07:03:12 pm »
Good news. Did you experience any side effects.  Received Harvoni today but have decided to wait till Monday to start. Doing a little research to see if there are any preventative steps.. What time of day worked best for taking dose..

Offline JoeK9999

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 05:53:54 am »
I started taking mine at noon everday. This is my 18th day.
Diagnosed July 1995 - Genotype 1a
Think I have I had since the early 70's
Prior to Harvoni treatment:
VL 3.8 million AST/ALT 40/56
Mild inflammation, no fibrosis
Treatment naive

Started Harvoni 10/23/2014 for 12 weeks
11/20/2014  HCV RNA Qual - Detected
Last Day of Harvoni 01/15/2015
04/08/15 - 12 week post harvoni VL test - Not Detected
07/05/15 - 24 week post harvoni VL test - Not Detected
01/19/16 - 1 Year  post harvoni VL test - Not Detected
AST/ALT 22/22
CURED!!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.