Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:45:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 55
Total: 55

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Any hcv patient from turkey planning to start harvoni  (Read 8797 times)

Offline BuRRy

• Genotype 1b
Any hcv patient from turkey planning to start harvoni
« on: December 20, 2014, 06:12:41 pm »
Hi everyone
I am 37 year old woman from turkey , i learned i have hcv on 2011. I must have got hcv it between 2009 and 2011  during medical operations ( in 2008 and 2009 i had anti hcv tests negative)  my geno 1b , with hcv rna less than 600,000. My liver enzymes are high ( alt and ast around 100 ) i am planning to start harvoni treatment although its not yet available in turkey. I wonder whether there is anyone from turkey and as i will have the treatment in turkey , most doctors dont know yet bout harvoni. Would you pls advice me about which blood tests should be followed before and during treatment other than liver panel and viral load. And one more question i learned that 1 box harvoni 28 tb is 22600 euro in germany. Is there any other country that its cheaper? As i am geno 1b and having viral load less than a million and treatmnent naive 2 box meaning 8 weeks treatment will be ok for me i hope. Pls some ideas thanks everyone and hope all of us will get rid of hcv as soon as possible .

Offline Nino

Re: Any hcv patient from turkey planning to start harvoni
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 04:53:42 pm »
Based on what I was told by ELPA President, the cheapest medication is in France at 13,000 euros per box, as French Government is funding 5,000 euros per box. Sweden is supposedly number two.

Europe is so behind in organized treatment of this, and insurance companies are having a hard time digesting the cost.

Offline BuRRy

• Genotype 1b
Re: Any hcv patient from turkey planning to start harvoni
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 06:12:57 pm »
Thk you nino very much four information
Do you know whether that price is available only for french citizens or can i fly to france with valid prescr. And buy 3 bixes of harvoni for 39000 euro and turn back.
Hope you will find a solution for your mom and hope everyone will get rid of this virus soon.
Burry

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.