Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:55:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 64
Total: 64

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: STARTED HARVONI 6 DAYS AGO  (Read 7047 times)

Offline Alfredo

STARTED HARVONI 6 DAYS AGO
« on: February 26, 2015, 05:27:50 pm »
Today is day # 6 for me and I am dealing with lots of energy,  also having hard time  to sleep. I take  my med at 7:30 pm and I am thinking of changing to lunch time to see how that works out.  I started a very healthy diet of vegetables and fruits and reducing stress to a minimum.  I got infected forty years ago and now at 54 I am very happy these new meds are out giving us lots of hope to get rid of this virus. Like to know if anyone here started with lots of energy and then just went away, please share your sides . Thanks

Offline Sweetie1

Re: STARTED HARVONI 6 DAYS AGO
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 08:56:09 pm »
Hi, I didn't start out with lots of energy. I would take my Harvoni around noon or 1pm. Slept fine. Now 3 weeks after 12 weeks on Harvoni I have alot more energy and I don't sleep as long as usual. Hang in there, I think it effects everyone different. It is very strong. My blood test showed positive  below 25 at 4 weeks, then at the end of 12 weeks of treatment showed negative.  Karen

Offline Bituman

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 09:13:53 pm »
Hi Alfredo, congrats on your first week of treatment.  I am on day 22 of 12 weeks.  Like you, it's likely I have been infected for 40 years.  So far my energy level has remained pretty constant throughout, and I seem to be resting better.  As far as I know, I was asymptomatic in terms of HCV, or at least I always seemed to feel good. It may be my imagination, but it seems like those who suffered severe symptoms from HCV seem to notice the biggest SE's during treatment, both good and bad. As far as resting better, I think that's because my mind is at ease because I know the virus inside me is getting whipped.  FYI, I take my pill at 9 PM similar to you, so it's possible I sleep thru any uneasiness. Maybe your energy level will moderate as you change the time you take the pill.  Unlike you, I am not the most healthy eater, can't resist Mexican and good Texas style BBQ.  Probably your healthy diet is helping you. 

By the way, how do you manage to "keep stress to a minimum?"  I could use some tips on that. 

Keep up the good work!  Let us know how that energy level is progressing. 

Bob
Age = 59, male, infected likely 1975
DX 07/07 GT 1a
Biopsy 2007:  GR 1, stage 0, HAI = 2/18
Since 2007:  1.48 MM < VL < 11 MM, avg = 5.64 MM
IL28B=CT
1/26/15, AST=43, ALT=55, VL=3.59 MM
2/5 Start Harvoni 12 weeks; Treat naive
2/20 AST=29, ALT=24, VL=59
3/6 AST=29, ALT=25, VL<15
3/19 AST=24, ALT=22, VL=undet
4/3 AST=29, ALT=25, VL=undet
4/30 EOT, AST=22, ALT=20, VL=undet
5/29 EOT+4, AST=20, ALT=19, VL=undet SVR
7/24 EOT+12, AST=23, ALT=18, VL=undet SVR
10/16 EOT+24, AST=22, ALT=17, VL=undet SVR

Offline Alfredo

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 06:11:28 pm »
Karen, I will start taking it now at around  noon to see how I do since I want to sleep at least 6 hrs. Did you have many sides or just a few?

Bob, I also feel I  had no symptoms fron the Hep-C. Always on the go and never tired but this med has me with more energy that I need to burn. I too love ribs but will wait until treatment is over then major pig out. Stress is so difficult at times for me but one day just decided to take it easy  and let things go because I was not doing so good trying to keep up with everything. I do what I can for today and the rest has to wait:)

Offline Sweetie1

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 06:50:14 pm »
Hi Alfredo,

I had some minor headaches (neck area) in the beginning. About half way through I would feel like I had a fever though I didn't and chills. The itching I had for a couple years went away after about 3 weeks on treatment. Maybe some weight gain. Really minor things. Give yourself a break and rest time, it is a very strong medication. I feel great now that it is all over! You will do great!   Karen

Offline Alfredo

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 04:33:14 pm »
Karen, I took med at 9:00 pm and my sleep was good , will see tonight. thanks for your reply.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.