Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:29:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 42
Total: 42

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: When should I start?  (Read 6713 times)

Offline slw304

When should I start?
« on: March 19, 2015, 07:35:13 am »
Harvoni should be in hand tomorrow morning.  I'm ready to start treatment but have stuff going on over the next 2 weeks that I'd like to be fully functional for.  Outside of the normal day to day our schedule is clear after that until we leave for a family vacation 11 weeks from now - which of course I would also like to feel well for.  I will do 8 weeks on Harvoni.   I know everyone responds differently but would like to hear some input on when I should start treatment.  I'm a little worried about what side effects will pop up but also anxious to get this over with.

Offline BubbaT

Re: When should I start?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 12:32:45 pm »
Hi slw,

I take a pill in the am, for 12 weeks,

so far, I have had a little adjustMent period the first week, but on week 3 now and doing well,  I have only mild effects, so I think the liver condition is what determines the effects of the meds,

You will do fine, worrying is counter productive, just dive in and get wet!
Good eating, drink water....
Age 57 male
Infected late 70's
Diagnosed 95
1a, 2 prev biopsy 95, 2004
Ct 2007, 2015
Treatment Naive
F4 A3. Fibrosure/ CT 2-5-15. Ammonia 222
VL 2.2 mil.
Started Harvoni  3-3-15. 12weeks, finished 5-26-15
4 week VL undetected
12 week EOT undetected

Offline Sam1224

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 09:16:25 pm »
From day 1 I felt I had more energy than I'd had in a long time. Also clarity of thought. I've not really felt fatigue but have had headaches pretty regularly. Water helps with that. I take mine in the morning with food.
If you don't mind me asking, did you manage to get any discounts or help in paying?

Offline slw304

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 10:14:31 pm »
Sam, no help was received outside of the standard co-pay coupon.  This great expense causes a hardship for my family and we will be working hard for many years to make up for the loss.  As a family we made the decision that my health was worth the financial sacrifice. Gilead will be forced to lower the price of this medication in the future but it will take time for that to happen.   Until then, many people are going to be forced to continue to deal with their symptoms.  Very sad it has to be this way. :'(

Offline Sam1224

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 12:13:36 am »
Very sad indeed. You will be cured..

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.