Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:29:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 133
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 133
Total: 133

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: End of Treatment test  (Read 5349 times)

Offline mikelhc

End of Treatment test
« on: March 31, 2015, 04:26:29 pm »
Is is best to get the end-of=treatment test on the final day you take the last Harvoni pill, or to wait a few days so little or no drug is in your system?  ...Mike

Offline Long_Haul

• Slayed the Dragon
Re: End of Treatment test
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 05:05:13 pm »
Good question. My Doc told me to do them right away as he was the stats around "breakthrough" (virus recovery during treatment back to significant levels).

I think it would be a question for your GI or Hematologist to answer. 

Only thing to benefit by waiting a few days might be to see if it quickly replicates. Only issue there is it would be hit or miss.  I did my test the day after EOT and will get another viral load done in 4 weeks. That will be less of a hit or miss situation and if I am still UNDETECTED, I will most likely reach SVR12 and SVR24.

Good luck with this. We all need to make decisions that work for us individually around the waiting game.

Best wishes,

AL
Genotype 1A

Diagnosed 1989
Biopsy-cirrhosis stage 4 2000, no starting VL this round

3 rounds of Int+Rib
(Combo/48wks,Peg/26 Wks,Triple with Incivek/16wks)
UND with Incivek, Relapsed
Started 12 weeks Harvoni and Rib Jan 2nd,2015
4 weeks Undetected
8 weeks Undetected!
EOT at 12 weeks Undetected
EOT at 24 weeks STILL UNDETECTED
Completed TX Mar 26th,2015

EOT plus 4 weeks UNDETECTED
EOT plus 12 weeks UNDETECTED !!!!!!!!!!! I am DONE!

NO LONGER a member of the "WAITING GANG"

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.