Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:47:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 87
Total: 87

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: !!! Pregnancy after 12 weeks harvoni treatment !!!  (Read 9677 times)

Offline BuRRy

• Genotype 1b
!!! Pregnancy after 12 weeks harvoni treatment !!!
« on: April 21, 2015, 03:08:49 pm »
 i am 38 years old woman from turkey.
I was diagnosed hepc genotype 1b , by chance on march 2011 at a routine check up. On 2009 i had another check up and that time i didnt have hcv. So i had hcv between 2009 and 2011 , my dr thinks that i may have hcv at a surgery operation i had on 2010.
For the last 4 years i had a lot of tests and through this perfect forum i waited for the best cure and new medications.
I started 12 weeks treatment of harvoni ,i was treatmentnaive , without cirrhosis , around 500,000  viral load , started on 1 st of feb and this weekend its ending last 5 pills. Lol
Because harvoni is not yet available in turkey , doctors dont know much about harvoni. I talked to gilead turkey team and they said i may be the first patient in turkey to use harvoni.
My results are good 2nd week not detected, 4 weeks of treatment not detected , 8 weeks not detected , on monday i will have my 12 weeks tests. I feel great and i am sure that i cleared this virus forever. All my liver enzymes went to normal starting from 2nd week of treatment.
What i want to ask is , when can i plan to have a baby? For how long should i wait for the harvoni effects to pass and have a safe pregnancy? I couldnt find information about pregnancy after 12 weeks of harvoni treatment . Because i am 38 and i want to have a baby as soon as possible. Clock is ticking  ;)
I would be very happy to hear from you soon.
Thx very much
Burcu

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: !!! Pregnancy after 12 weeks harvoni treatment !!!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 05:13:17 pm »
Congratulations BuRRy! Plus, you have a place in history.

There are no pregnancy restrictions on Harvoni - it is considered category B in the U.S., which means,
Animal reproduction studies have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in pregnant women.
In animal studies with Harvoni, no harm was shown to the fetuses of rats and rabbits.

However, you don't have to worry about that at all, since Harvoni has been out of your system for weeks. So, the issue I assume you are facing is your final viral load results on Monday. Let me know the final results.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

Offline BuRRy

• Genotype 1b
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 05:27:42 pm »
Thx lucinda , for your quick reply.
My dr said that since i have cleared the virus in 2 weeks , there is no possibility for the virus to appear again as long as i am taking harvoni.
2nd week of treatment virus undetected
4th week of treatment virus undetected
8th week of treatment virus undetected
İ will go to lab on monday and get tested , and will let you know about the results next week.
At how many days/ weeks harvoni leaves our body?
And yes i have a place in history , being the first one cured through harvoni in turkey would be very nice , hope i wont be the last one.
And everyone around the world will have chance to use the medications and get cured.
Thx&love & rgds
Burcu

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 06:40:43 pm »
Harvoni should have left your body around 10 days after your last dose. And yes, your words hoping that everyone around the world will have chance to use the medications and get cured are beautifully stated.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

Offline BuRRy

• Genotype 1b
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 04:31:18 am »
Hi lucinda ,
İ have just completed 12 week harvoni treatment. Geno 1b
2nd week of treatment not detected
4th week not detected
8th week not detected
12 th week of treatment not detected
(My last pill was on 24th of april , and my bloodtest is on 24th of april)
Only gamma globulin is a little high ( it was always in normal values before and during the treatment ) so why is it high now ? İts close to the limits. Not that high .
And also my doctor thinks i may have otoimmun hepatitis, because my ANA ( antinuclear anticor) is positive. So this time he also checked a otoimmun liver panel tests. M2-3e bpo is weak positive. All other negative ( pml, m2 , lkm, lc , sp100 , lp210 .. All negative)
İ would love to hear your words i will meat my doctor in 2 weeks.
Thx
Burcu

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 08:03:28 pm »
The ANA test is nearly always positive with hep C, and the other results of "weak +" may not be conclusive. I assume your doc will redo all this once things have settled down and your body has a chance to recoup from having hep C.

Congratulations!
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.