Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:48:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 109
Total: 109

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 2 weeks eot anxiety  (Read 9014 times)

Offline moma

2 weeks eot anxiety
« on: April 25, 2015, 02:07:57 pm »
2 week post Harvoni treatment. Still no energy, crying, scared and feeling totally disconnected from my body. I feel like I won't be able to come back from this because all the energy has been drained out. Being undetected at the eot didn't have the high I thought it would. My brain went immediately to the months and years to come of blood test and the anxiety of anticipating the virus returning.
I got my ultra sound results. It said there are cysts (plural) on my liver. Never had those before. Just put them in that little box in the corner of my head that contains gallstones, heart attacks (2), high blood sugar, hypertension, arthritis in hips, hormones that have been screwed up for decades due to a unnecessary surgery, not to mention all the pharmaceutical drugs this body has had to fight it's way back from over the years.
Wow-poor me! Don't mean to sound like a whiner, I just can't find anything to hang on to that will pull me out of this negative hole. I know the usual meditate, exercise etc. I wake each morning hoping to be out of this Harvoni hang over. Or has this body just had enough?  Why did I subject myself to this treatment not knowing if it would work or not? When will it be out of our system, if ever? Right now I fear the lasting repercussions of this drug more than the hepc.
Sounding paranoid, SORRY, MoMa

Offline Mike

Re: 2 weeks eot anxiety
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 03:30:56 pm »
Hi Moma,

There are a lot of ups and downs with HCV.

I would try to focus on the fact that you were undetected at EOT. That's great news.

The medication will wear off and you'll start feeling better.

I don't think the problem is that you don't have "anything to hang on to." Rather, you need to "let go" of all the negatives.

We all have that little voice in the back of our heads - you, know, the one that says "that won't work" "you can't do that." and so on.

Whenever that little voice starts speaking, tell it to "Shout up! Stop!"

It's called "Stinking Thinking" and it has ruined many a good day.

Best wishes, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline moma

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 08:54:40 pm »
Thanks for the pep talk Mike. I'm usually not this negative. Just been a little freaked out lately wanting to feel good NOW. The Sierra's are beautiful today so I took a walk and that helped.
Thank you again, your very kind.
MoMa

Offline Makena

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 11:59:07 am »
Good Morning Moma, I read your post and saw a reflection of me in the mirror about 10 years ago.  I have really had to work hard to breath and claim my own life.  Having a daughter w/ autism and all that goes with having HCV has been taxing to put it mildly.  I read a lot and have not owned a TV, can't handle the mass tech.  I truly do not want to be connected to much more than music and nature.  Anyway, I am going to recommend an easy to read book that is both a life line and has a mood elevator.  "Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway".  Your choice of course.  I really want to see you feeling your own power.  Peace and Much Joy. Makena ;)

Offline atomic dog

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 01:41:23 am »
Hang in there Moma. You're right where you wanted to be before you started treatment. Some folks report lingering "side effects" or whatever, but it's better than HCV, right? And there's a chance your liver will heal, at least partially, and will handle sugar better, so your glucose levels are easier to handle, the glass tones won't worsen.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 01:43:06 am by atomic dog »
Infected 1969, dirty needle
Geno 1a
Stage 2 fib, some necrosis
TX naive
1/29/15 ALT61; AST43
2/16/15 Started Harvoni; VL 1.5 m;
2/19/15 ALT40; AST24
2/29/15 ALT29; AST25
3/9/15 ALT28; AST25; 
3/9/15 < 20 IU/mL (3 wks) HCV RNA remains 'detected'
3/24/15 ALT30; AST25;
3/24/15 <20 IU/mL (5 wks) HCV RNA
4/10/15 <20 IU/ml (7 weeks) HCV RNA
4/20/15 ALT36; AST27
4/20/15 UND
5/11/15 UND (EOT); ALT33; AST25
6/11/15 UND; ALT 34; AST 29
8/14/15 UND
11/15/15 SVR, 24-wk EOT

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.