Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:22:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 69
Total: 69

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Whey Protein, Boswella extract 307 mg, c4 preworkout powder  (Read 7098 times)

Offline maleman4u2

i am starting Harvoni Sat the 16th for 24 weeks, my question is it ok to take these supplements while on Harvoni?  I did 12 weeks of S/O and was UD for the duration but the virus came back at  my 6 month blood test.  I took these supplements while on S/O and was told it was fine.  Just not to take Milk Thistle.  Milk Thistle is fine on Harvoni supposedly.  Earlier today a pharmacist from CareMark told me my list was fine.  But this evening another pharmacist called and said she wanted me to ask my Dr.
which i will do. But why the confusion?  I want to do the right thing and will do whatever that is.  I just don't understand why they don't know.  If a moderator could answer this i would really appreciate it.  Thanks
Male 59
Chronic Hep C 1988
2 1/2 million
Geno type 1
S/O 12 weeks
UD after 4 weeks, UD after 12 weeks
6month bloodwork 800,000 Relapse

Offline HCVFree

Re: Whey Protein, Boswella extract 307 mg, c4 preworkout powder
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 07:42:14 pm »
I completed an 8 week Harvoni program in May and used ON 100% Whey isolate and muscle milk light throughout that period, daily. Also consistently used pre-workouts ON Gold Standard, ON Platinum, ON Amino Energy and Assault. These items were vital in allowing me to workout hard and recover quickly from those hard workouts during the 8 weeks on Harvoni. Tested undetected at 4 weeks, 8 weeks, and now 12 weeks post EOT. I think c4 is pretty close to Assault in ingredients.

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 11:34:47 pm »
It is just always best to ask your doctor who prescribed the meds they need to know everything you are taking.
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

Offline maleman4u2

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 11:41:42 am »
Thanks for the feedback, I have told my Doc everything I take so no problem there. Exercise is my solitude just want to hopeful beat this thing.  Thanks again
Male 59
Chronic Hep C 1988
2 1/2 million
Geno type 1
S/O 12 weeks
UD after 4 weeks, UD after 12 weeks
6month bloodwork 800,000 Relapse

Offline Jorah

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 08:12:40 pm »
I understand working out can raise your liver enzymes....I don't know if this affects treatment, maybe not. Are doctors ok with folks lifting and working out while on treatment?

Study:
Abstract
Aim

To investigate the effect of intensive muscular exercise (weightlifting) on clinical chemistry parameters reflecting liver function in healthy men.

Methods

Fifteen healthy men, used to moderate physical activity not including weightlifting, performed an 1 h long weightlifting programme. Blood was sampled for clinical chemistry parameters [aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), lactate dehydrogenase (LD), gamma-glutamyl transferase (γGT), alkaline phosphatase (ALP), bilirubin, creatine kinase (CK) and myoglobin] at repeated intervals during 7 days postexercise and at a follow-up examination 10–12 days postexercise.

Results

Five out of eight studied clinical chemistry parameters (AST, ALT, LD, CK and myoglobin) increased significantly after exercise (P < 0.01) and remained increased for at least 7 days postexercise. Bilirubin, γGT and ALP remained within the normal range.

Conclusion

The liver function parameters, AST and ALT, were significantly increased for at least 7 days after the exercise. In addition, LD and, in particular, CK and myoglobin showed highly elevated levels. These findings highlight the importance of imposing restrictions on weightlifting prior to and during clinical studies. Intensive muscular exercise, e.g. weightlifting, should also be considered as a cause of asymptomatic elevations of liver function tests in daily clinical practice.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2291230/

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.