Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:06:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 143
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 70
Total: 70

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: See ya later Hep C !!! Don’t let the door hit you!  (Read 13805 times)

Offline Wookie13

• Never give up!
See ya later Hep C !!! Don’t let the door hit you!
« on: July 20, 2015, 08:06:51 pm »
My labs are going great says the docs and my viral load has went down to only 45!!! Soooo happy!
These are my week 2 labs! I am now starting my week 5 !!!!!
RBC AUTO - 3.60
HGB - 12.3
HCT AUTO - 35.6
MCV - 99.00
TBILI - 1.8
MY ORIGINAL VIRAL LOAD: 9659736
MY VIRAL LOAD NOW AS OF WEEK 2: 45   !!!!!! YES!!!:)
HCV RNA LOG NUMBER (PCR) 1.65
Gratitude, Gratitude, Gratitude.

Offline Trish1

Re: See ya later Hep C !!! Don’t let the door hit you!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 10:16:19 pm »
 :)  ;D  ;) WOO HOO!!!   Great news Wookie!!!!  I am sooooo excited for you!!!  YAY!!!   You are on your way!!  I had my blood drawn today and I hope my results are as good as yours!!
Age 51
Infected 1983
GT 1a
VL 5.1m 
Bx 2004 - Grd 1 Stg 1 
Tx naive
Metavir Score 5/26/15 - F0-F1
Started Harvoni 6/23/2015 (8 wks)
4wk (during tx) - detected <15
8 wk EOT - undetected
4 wk after tx - undetected - SVR4
12 wk after tx - undetected - SVR12

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
  • It only looks like I know what I'm doing
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 09:04:13 am »
Great numbers Wookie! :)
CURED SVR24  Class of 2015
Wk 12 post EOT 30.11.15: ALT 14 AST 22 GGT 22 VL UND
Week 19 07.08.15: ALT 17 AST 23 GGT 25
Week 12 18.06.15: ALT 21 AST 23 GGT 28
Week 8 25.05.15: ALT 23 AST 27 GGT 30 VL UND
Week 4 20.04.14: ALT 30 AST 36 VL 40
Treatment start 23.03.15: ALT 137 AST 185 VL 342,600
Cirrhosis Child-Pugh A, Genotype 1a - Viekira Pak + riba 24 weeks
Total failure interferon/ribavirin/boceprovir Mar 2013
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/grace-campbell

Offline Morphin

• Just another survivor
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 09:52:51 am »
Congrats Wookie!! 

That is wonderful news.  Gives those of us earlier in the journey hope and inspiration.

Just finished 2 weeks - 6 to go.  Been a pretty smooth ride, up until last Thursday.  Got hit by a bout of food poisoning and since then stomach has been a little fussy - but nothing horrible.  Today, for some reason, headache won't ease up like other days after water, but again, nothing horrible.

Like Trish said, hope my results are as good as yours when I go in for blood draw in 2 weeks.  My body is telling me that it will be and constantly being mindful of healing within myself.

Congrats again and enjoy the rest of your journey!  There is definitely a pot of gold at the end of your rainbow!

Peace
Age 48
Infected 2001
GT 1a
VL 2.36m 
Tx naive
Started Harvoni 7/7/2015 (8 wks)
W4 - Undetected
W4 AST 33 (66 before TX)
W4 ALT 26 (41 before TX)

Offline dearprudence

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 12:17:28 pm »
My labs are going great says the docs and my viral load has went down to only 45!!! Soooo happy!
These are my week 2 labs! I am now starting my week 5 !!!!!
RBC AUTO - 3.60
HGB - 12.3
HCT AUTO - 35.6
MCV - 99.00
TBILI - 1.8
MY ORIGINAL VIRAL LOAD: 9659736
MY VIRAL LOAD NOW AS OF WEEK 2: 45   !!!!!! YES!!!:)

HCV RNA LOG NUMBER (PCR) 1.65

YAY!!!!!! Sure does make you feel good!
Prudence

Offline Wookie13

• Never give up!
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 12:55:03 am »
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 12:59:13 am by Wookie13 »

Offline Wookie13

• Never give up!
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 12:58:35 am »
Ok, well I am cruising along nicely. I'm starting week 8 of Viekira Pak with Ribavirin Monday. I'm so used to the feeling of having the meds in me but am really looking forward to coming out the other side with a big fat CURED on my paper work! I'm doing every single thing on time and spot on including labs, dr. visits, taking meds on time etc. I have noticed it has really slowed me down in Taekwondo. My gas tank empties really fast but i still go and i do feel like I'm bouncing back from that each class. I did my run the other day too and gassd out at a mile and a half which I never did that before. I just keep trying my best! These last 4 weeks will go fast. I just sorta look at it like taking morning vitamins. Auto pilot. Although I dont take vitamins but you know what I'm saying. We just do this till it's done! I have waited since the early 90's for this! It's like a dream! I want to be free from any foreign invaders in my body! So I get occasional itching all over. I just ignore it. I get thirsty so i drink plenty of water all day. I eat really healthy and I drink green smoothies! My labs are amazing and I go back for my next appointment on the 17th. Anyway, thanks for chiming in guys! Ok, let me know your updates! I wanna hear!!!

Offline sapphire101

• "Stop worrying and start living"
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2015, 11:13:40 pm »
Sometime after my first undetected lab I managed to cut my finger at work and I was frantically looking for bleach wipes to erase every speck and I realized...wait a minute, I no longer am the human biohazard!
That was when it fully hit me how much of a burden I had been carrying with chronic HCV.
Being undetected is a huge weight off my soul.
Sapphire101
Genotype 1a Fibrosis level 1
Viekira Pak with ribavirin 12 weeks
Pre treatment  VL  1.7 million, AST 45 ALT 65
EOT VL not detected, AST 21 ALT 21
12 week SVR not detected,24 week SVR not detected.
Cured! Class of 2015

Offline Wookie13

• Never give up!
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2015, 01:08:19 am »
hahahhahah yeah! I know somebody who will not drink from the same glass as me. A family member and they'll always say "Have you drank from this?" And it seriously hurts my feelings. Like I'm a leper. I can't wait to be squeeky cleen so I can tell them to shove it! hahahhahah! Congrats on the clean bill of health Saphire! Whoooop whooooop! ;)

Offline Hopeful123

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 03:27:58 pm »
The stigma is so familiar. My family wouldn't eat anything that I made at get togethers because they didn't want to catch hep c I was specifically told to bring a pre-wraped item from the store... It hurts

Offline Wookie13

• Never give up!
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2015, 04:21:59 pm »
Yeah, it’s really does hurt. It’s humiliating. I actually get pissed off. Anyway, I’m glad I’m close to being done with Hep c forever! :) :) :) 8) 8) 8)

Offline Ruth

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2015, 05:32:31 pm »
Just took my last pill today, was on Harvoni for 8 weeks. Went for blood work yesterday, and hoping and prays for good results. I must say I had absolutely no side effects with Harvoni, actually I have told my hubby that I have never felt better! Maybe it's psychological but who cares!
Just curious why some of you have had blood work during the early weeks of treatment? My doctor would not test me until after 8 weeks of treatment, even though my viral load was low!

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
  • It only looks like I know what I'm doing
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2015, 06:07:35 pm »
I can't  believe your families were so cruel! Hep C has concerned my family, but only in so far as they've been worried about my health. When it looked like I was getting quite ill and could not access the new DAAs, my brother offered to pay for treatment overseas. The full cost of the medication. Ive taken their acceptance of my hep C for granted, clearly.
CURED SVR24  Class of 2015
Wk 12 post EOT 30.11.15: ALT 14 AST 22 GGT 22 VL UND
Week 19 07.08.15: ALT 17 AST 23 GGT 25
Week 12 18.06.15: ALT 21 AST 23 GGT 28
Week 8 25.05.15: ALT 23 AST 27 GGT 30 VL UND
Week 4 20.04.14: ALT 30 AST 36 VL 40
Treatment start 23.03.15: ALT 137 AST 185 VL 342,600
Cirrhosis Child-Pugh A, Genotype 1a - Viekira Pak + riba 24 weeks
Total failure interferon/ribavirin/boceprovir Mar 2013
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/grace-campbell

Offline drummerman

• For those regarded as warriors....
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2015, 06:21:17 pm »
Very cool  8) Wook!

Let's do this thang.

dm

Diagnosed07
Interferon/riba 2008 - non-responder
5/16/15 - AST -34
ALT - 35_ HCV RNA - 10,783,000
 7/6/15 - started viekira/riba
8/11/15  Week 5 <15 vl,  AST 18, ALT 18
9/11/15 Week 9  "HCV NOT DETECTED"!
AST 16, ALT 11.  10/16/16 - 2 weeks post EOT = "HCV NOT DETECTED!   AST - 18,  ALT 14
12/29/15 -12 wk EOT-HCV NOT DETECTED! AST 23, ALT 15
3/26/16 - 24 wk post EOT - HCV NOT DETECTED!! AST 19, ALT 21
1 yr eot - AST 20, ALT 17

Offline Wookie13

• Never give up!
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2015, 08:37:36 pm »
Yes! Let’s do this!!!! I can see light at the end of the tunnel. Ruth, everyone’s body is different so it’s not just psychological. Some people do indeed feel crummy. I myself don’t feel as I good as I normally do and about 1/3 of my gas tank is empty in Taekwondo class. I lose steam a bit early and I have incredible cardio so I can tell the difference. I can sorta taste this pill/bitterness taste in my mouth during workout too. I get an occasional slight headache and a bit of itching and these are all fairly common so again everyone’s body is different and reacts to meds differently. I feel pretty darn great still though, I just can’t wait to be done. I’ll be starting week 9 tomorrow. I’m on 12 weeks Vieira pak with Ribaviran. C ya later hep c!!!! :)

Offline dearprudence

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2015, 10:25:17 am »
Hi all,  have posted full results of EOT bloodwork in a new thread.  You can see all details there, but after treatment ( 12 weeks vpak and riba) virus undetected - yay!
 I'm so sorry to hear  how some of you have been treated by family.  Only my closest family members knew about my HCV and no one treated me differently - bless them. Some friends knew, both those who also have hep c and those who don't - again, no different treatment.
My ex-husband died 5 years ago from hepatic carcinoma related to HCV.  I have always felt I would make the decision to tell friends based on what I observed in their attitudes during other conversations. In a conversation on drugs and treatment, one friend said that as far as he was concerned anyone who had hep c deserved it. Ignorance abounds! He knows nothing about this disease. Maybe one day I will take him to task for that statement but I wasn't going to do it while I was in the middle of my treatment and had the riba making me so emotional and teary.
Anyway, good luck to all!  12 week waiting period has begun!

Offline sapphire101

• "Stop worrying and start living"
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2015, 12:26:58 am »
Hopeful123 you were point blank told to "bring pre-wrapped items from the store" to the family pot luck. Feeling hurt makes perfect sense because that statement is brutally painful. I am sorry that happened to you.
Your family is uneducated about hepatitis and this can be fixed. They are of course  confusing chronic HCV with Hep A which CAN be spread by food/dirtyhands etc. When you are stronger please get back to them and straighten them out.

Ditto for any families that won't drink from the same glass as us. This is just not how the disease is spread and we need to let them know this.
As for people out there who feel "anyone with the disease deserves it" well there is no educating them and I have no clue how to respond.

Love and respect to all my forum friends who are brave enough to be outed.
Thank you
Sapphire101
Genotype 1a Fibrosis level 1
Viekira Pak with ribavirin 12 weeks
Pre treatment  VL  1.7 million, AST 45 ALT 65
EOT VL not detected, AST 21 ALT 21
12 week SVR not detected,24 week SVR not detected.
Cured! Class of 2015

Offline Hopeful123

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 12:53:12 am »
Sapphire101, yes that happened all the time with get togethers and that's not even the worst story about how people that are uninformed about hepc behave toward someone that has the virus. I think some people hear the first part the hep part and think they are all the same.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.