Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:17:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 100
Total: 100

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 24 weeks Viekura/ Riba st.8-6-15 looking for newbies for journey alumni welcome  (Read 6134 times)

Offline red raccoon

I just started treatment on the 6th I was looking for some newbies so we can take this journey together. I'm in W. Sac Ca. I've had hep c 39 years. I am a 53 yrs. Old female with geno type 1a vl 9000000, compensated cirrhosis, 2 unidentified masses on pancreas, colorectal cancer unstaged. Other then that I'm fine! Well I also might add I am looking at 10 years to life in federal prison with no priors and a $10,000,000 fine. Currently out through pretrial services since it is expected the court process will take 3-5 years. Anyway a lot on my plate clean and sober 1 year now. So newbies let's walk through this together no one else can understand except us who are walking or have walked in our shoes. Alumni welcome!!

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
  • It only looks like I know what I'm doing
I'm about 5 months ahead of you. Not sure how many 24 week Viekirians there are here. I've blogged my entire treatment in mind-numbing detail if you want some historical perspective from 1 person on the same treatment. Link in sig below. It goes right back to March.

Good luck w your treatment!
CURED SVR24  Class of 2015
Wk 12 post EOT 30.11.15: ALT 14 AST 22 GGT 22 VL UND
Week 19 07.08.15: ALT 17 AST 23 GGT 25
Week 12 18.06.15: ALT 21 AST 23 GGT 28
Week 8 25.05.15: ALT 23 AST 27 GGT 30 VL UND
Week 4 20.04.14: ALT 30 AST 36 VL 40
Treatment start 23.03.15: ALT 137 AST 185 VL 342,600
Cirrhosis Child-Pugh A, Genotype 1a - Viekira Pak + riba 24 weeks
Total failure interferon/ribavirin/boceprovir Mar 2013
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/grace-campbell

Offline red raccoon

Is that you Aussy? I've been reading your post with great interest. I was hoping to get some first and second seekers to ride along with me on this health trek. Would be great if you'd check in on us now and then and give us some words of wisdom. That is if anyone's crazy enough to roll with a coon! (Raccoon Crazy) I'm going to get my troubles behind me and get me a raccoon refuge right here in the heart of California! Thanx appreciate your input

Offline red raccoon

Woke up this morning feeling pretty dizzy. Laing in bed dizzy walking around dizzy. Concerns me I called doctor waiting for response. I drive a commercial truck and service septice tanks when I am able to work but feeling like this no way am I about to go out and drive, dig, haul 3" x 25' hoses up and down hills. Luckily I am an owner operator so I have the option of not working when I don't feel well. No too good for business or my pocket though. Honestly the past 3 years has been very difficult am I am now honestly considering shutting down for the first time in the 10 years I've been in business. Age, lifestyle choices  and illness are catching up with this coonchild!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.