Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:01:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 112
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 79
Total: 79

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 3 Month Viral Load after 4 Months Sovaldi & Riba - Type 3a - Not Detected  (Read 8876 times)

Offline kimharvest

• Fighting to Get Back my Life - GT 3a
    • Vital Wonders
Wasn't hopeful but seem on the lucky side. Even though I was forced to stop 3 1/2 months into a 6 month Sovaldi/Riba treatment but actually made it to 4 months.  Now 3 months after stopping, I got my viral load blood work done and it is still Not Detected! Couldn't be more pleased. My side effects are slowly receding, but still skin sensitive, nothing tastes very good but have gained 10 pounds and arthritis is worse I think. My heart and lungs went through some changes but is leveling out though I did start on an inhaler for COPD. Some days are better than others so you have to be kind to yourself and do things when you feel well and let things go when too tired. I found forcing myself to do things isn't working, like growing a garden during treatment and nothing grew! But that is OK, I tried. Burning everything I cook and forgetting things but I am forgiving myself for that too. Need to eat better to keep myself strong to keep fighting off this disease. They say you are not cured but the key is to keep it stabilized and undetected. The 6 month and one year test will be hard to wait for but this is quite hopeful so far.  I feel for everyone whose dragon has returned. We all need more acceptance and support; it is horrid ostracizing a sick part of society who lives get sapped exponentially yearly. Love to all.
kimharvest
"Eat healthy food and drink pure water for a healthy life."
GT 3a  15,000,000 VL.
Started Sovaldi/Ribavirin 1/26/15 for 24 weeks.
Doctor Office Dropped me on 5/8/15 at 14 weeks;
Finished 4 months total, two months short.
I do not recommend Grand Junction Gastro!
Not Detected at 3, 6 & 12 months.

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
Re: 3 Month Viral Load after 4 Months Sovaldi & Riba - Type 3a - Not Detected
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 11:46:42 am »
That is GREAT news, Kim, that are are still undetected 3 months post-treatment, even though you had to cut short your treatment by 2 full months! CONGRATS! SVR12 is considered "cured" these days - as in virus truly gone from body. But of course it is nice to have the reassurance of subsequent viral load tests as well.

Why did you have to stop your Sovaldi+Riba tx 2 months early? Was it due to side effects? I have had some post-tx health problems (following harvoni+riba) due partly to fact that I simply could not eat much of anything while on treatment, and then for 1st 4 weeks post-tx too. Just finally got my appetite back a few days ago.

All the best to you Kim! I hope the other problems continue to recede.

kim :)

Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline terih

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 11:59:34 am »
That good news just made my morning so much happier! Kim, bask in the glory of this! 3 months seems to me, like a long time for this beast to not be rearing it's ugly head!!!! I hope all of the residual after effects go away soon! Leave Kim alone, dang it!!!

Just a thought, I had my vitamin levels checked and was bottomed out with E after treatment, when I started E3 5000 mg, it seemed to really help with the aches and pains!

I know you have a long wait ahead of you for all your testing, but try not to be over whelmed and enjoy life as much as you can! All my best wishes for you! Teri
64 yrs. on this fine planet!
diagnosed 1993
Stage 1 cirrhosis
Genotype 1a
12 wks. Harvoni  Relapse late Feb. 2015
Currently treating with Solvaldi/Olysio
The light at the end of the tunnel, is often not a train!

Offline kimharvest

• Fighting to Get Back my Life - GT 3a
    • Vital Wonders
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 04:29:57 pm »
Thanks Kim & Teri! Teri, I am so sorry for your relapse. I wish they knew more, enough to understand what makes this disease tick.  I still think they need to look more at the whole body not just dive bombing the virus. And the medicine is so severe. I did badly on the ribavirin. Thanks so much for your generous rallying! To Kim; I was thrown off treatment by the Physician Assistant, the only person I saw, because, it seems now, because I lost my bottle of antidepressants and after 3 weeks figured there was no point of going back on [I only took 2 a week anyway]. He said it was non compliance and withdrew me from the program. When I begged agencies for help to ask him to reinstate me, they fired me as a patient, but too late to start with another doctor. The shock was just huge. I didn't see it coming and was hell bent on finishing. If the cure didn't take I am not sure what I would do with my anger towards that elusive doctor and his sub crony. Best I stop there because I still don't believe how that last short 10 minute meeting went, his decision, and their refusal to ever address it. So I must look forward. But just wait until I publish my review on that office and him. My only revenge, a well worded dissection of his shortcomings as a heartless misguided health practitioner / human being and the doctor who allows it. But let us end on a positive note that new cures are in development that will be better because they are learning from these latest trials what works and what doesn't. We all are helping them develop new and better drugs for the future; only thing is we should be warned we are guinea pigs.
kimharvest
"Eat healthy food and drink pure water for a healthy life."
GT 3a  15,000,000 VL.
Started Sovaldi/Ribavirin 1/26/15 for 24 weeks.
Doctor Office Dropped me on 5/8/15 at 14 weeks;
Finished 4 months total, two months short.
I do not recommend Grand Junction Gastro!
Not Detected at 3, 6 & 12 months.

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 05:16:35 pm »
That's awful the way you were treated, Kimharvest! Just shocking. I look forward to your well-worded dissection of his shortcomings. ;) Really, there are so many "Rate Your Doctor" platforms and websites available now, I would be liberal in spreading the word. Even if it was his assistant who did the damage, the doctor and his office are still responsible.

kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline terih

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 07:16:11 pm »
Wow, KimH, that PA should have been fired, not you! You have really been through the ringer, take them to task! Post your review any where you can find to post it!

As far as knowing why I relapsed, They did after relapse RAV testing and my strain can resist the Ledipasvir part of Harvoni. I spoke to my new Doc's PA about why they don't do these tests routinely before treatment, she said there has been no need for them until these new meds. She expects them to start being a routine part of pre-treating blood work soon! So that's moving forward!

I truly hope you feel your best soon, very soon! Teri
64 yrs. on this fine planet!
diagnosed 1993
Stage 1 cirrhosis
Genotype 1a
12 wks. Harvoni  Relapse late Feb. 2015
Currently treating with Solvaldi/Olysio
The light at the end of the tunnel, is often not a train!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.