Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:23:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 157
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 113
Total: 113

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Experiences of interferon and antiviral treatments? Will be starting soon.  (Read 6746 times)

Offline Andres

Hello everyone,

I was diagnosed with e-antigen negative chronic hep b a few months ago. I've been having my bloods profiled over the past months, and my doctor thinks I will be starting treatment soon - either interferon or antiviral tablets, dependent on the outcome of my next bloods. My last bloods came out as: viral load - 3.46 log; ALT - 24; and surface antigen 19904 IU.

Has anyone undergone treatments for chronic hep b? I understand that there can be side effects - particularly with interferon - and I'm wondering if they are severe enough to stop me working? I'm want to apply for a new job, but wondering if this is a good idea or not? (I'm currently a student, but need to start working!)

Would appreciate it if anyone could share there experience of treatments.

Thanks.

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
Hi Andres. And welcome to the forums! :) I don't know too much about Hep B. But here is a thread from another member, Art, who has been sharing his own Hep B treatment journey with Peg Interferon and tenofovir in great detail:

http://forums.hepmag.com/index.php?topic=3133.0

All the best to you. :)

kim
Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline ArtVandelay

Apparently people with HBV tolerate pegINF better than the Hep C folks. At least in my case, however this doesn't seem to be the case. But I think if you have good exercise, diet and good health habits you have a decent chance of having only minor side effects. But the way I see it - you should HOPE for the best but PREPARE for the worst.

It is a rough medicine to be on but could certainly be worth it. It's definitely possible you'll have to miss some work. I haven't wanted to do much of anything while on treatment.

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.