Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:19:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 87
Total: 87

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 2 weeks of Harvoni down  (Read 8611 times)

Offline Terri Tree

• Stay Strong Like A Tree
2 weeks of Harvoni down
« on: January 04, 2016, 12:55:18 am »
Hi forum folks, What a nice support group.  I have been super encouraged by reading the posts on here.  I am so excited.  I call the N.P. tomorrow and let her know how I am feeling.  So far, no side effects and I am so happy I have this opportunity to be cured of Hep C.  I thought it would be with me all my life.  Every yr my doc would do the blood work, ultrasound and usually a C.T. scan too and was even talking about another liver biopsy!  All that was scary to me.  I tried Milk thistle to get my enzymes down and haven't been a drinker for 28 yrs.  So, I may have a new chance to be healthier.  A friend is interested in learning more about treatment, she has genotype 2b and doesn't want to take Ribivarin.  Where do I direct her to read and learn.  I am so glad this site and all you nice people are here sharing a struggle that I share, as struggle that is worth the fight.  Thankyou
Terri Tree
1970's contacted HCV 1a
1997 diagnosed, untreated until now
ALT 150, AST 109, VL 286,000
12-21-2015 started Harvoni 8 week plan

Offline gnatcatcher

Re: 2 weeks of Harvoni down
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 05:20:48 am »
Hi again, Terri Tree -- glad your treatment has been going smoothly. Regarding your friend: the authoritative source for prescribing options is here:
http://www.hcvguidelines.org/full-report/initial-treatment-box-summary-recommendations-patients-who-are-initiating-therapy-hcv
Here's the excerpt about genotype 2:
Recommended regimen for treatment-naive patients with HCV genotype 2 infection.
Daily daclatasvir (60 mg*) and sofosbuvir (400 mg) for 12 weeks is recommended for treatment-naive patients with HCV genotype 2 infection who cannot tolerate RBV.

Rating: Class IIa, Level B

Daily sofosbuvir (400 mg) and weight-based RBV for 12 weeks is recommended for treatment-naive patients with HCV genotype 2 infection.

Rating: Class I, Level A

Extending treatment to 16 weeks is recommended in patients with cirrhosis.

Rating: Class IIb, Level C

*The dose of daclatasvir may need to increase or decrease when used concomitantly with cytochrome P450 3A/4 inducers and inhibitors, respectively. Please refer to the prescribing information and the section on HIV/HCV coinfection for patients on antiretoviral therapy.

Alternative regimens for treatment-naive patients with HCV genotype 2 infection.
None.

The following regimens are NOT recommended for treatment-naive patients with HCV genotype 2.
PEG-IFN and RBV for 24 weeks

Rating: Class IIb, Level A

Monotherapy with PEG-IFN, RBV, or a direct-acting antiviral

Rating: Class III, Level A

Telaprevir-, boceprevir-, or ledipasvir-containing regimens

Rating: Class III, Level A

Whether your friend can convince the doctor and insurance company that "doesn't want to take Ribavirin" is equivalent to "cannot tolerate RBV" remains to be seen, but it's certainly worth trying.

Best of luck to you and your friend,

Gnatty
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
VL still UNDETECTED (SVR 102)
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline KimInTheForest

• Believe in yourself
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 12:42:29 pm »
Congrats on passing the 2-week mark of your Harvoni, Terri Tree! :)

For your friend who is 2b, if it were me with 2b, I would be trying to get 12 weeks of Daklinza (daclatasvir) + Sovaldi (sofosbuvir). If she can get it through her insurance, great. If not, she can get the generic version of those 2 drugs overseas for $1,400  via the fixhepc (Australia Buyers Club) and the worldwide clinical trial they are currently running.

More info about the overseas thing is here:
http://fixhepc.com/redemption-2

Good luck to both of you! :)

kim

Kim Goldberg (Nanaimo, BC)
1970s: Contracted HCV (genotype 3a)
2015: Cured with Harvoni + ribavirin (12 weeks)
MY STORY: https://pigsquash.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/undetectable-my-hep-c-story/

Offline jakas

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 03:00:42 pm »
I will just add that to a lot of countries you can import drugs for your personal use for a period of 3 months and the US is one of them. So if you cant get your insurance than go the generic way BUT start, its the right time NOW when the damage is low.
M/57 yrs.
Contracted (Unknown) 10-20-30 yrs back ??
Treatment Naive
Geno 1a&1b
VL  17+ million
ALT 200+, AST 170+
Fibroscan F4 ( 26+ kpa ) on 8th Dec. 2105
Started Tx 11th Dec.2015 ( 12 wks. Gilead Harvoni)
7/1/2016 :Viral Load|<25 UND.
23/1/2016: ALT 34 , AST 35, ALP 143
8 week NO labs done
EOT:03.03.2016 ( 84 pills eaten )
ALT 26, ALP 124, BIL .54
V/L <25 UND E.O.T.
4 weeks E.O.T. V/L UND::: SVR 4
SVR 12 and  SVR 24 on 16/8/16
Fibro 24.5kpa 23/05/16
SVR 63 05/17
Fibro 17.03.2020 kpa 6.3

Offline Terri Tree

• Stay Strong Like A Tree
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 10:27:39 pm »
Thank you for getting back to me.  I wasn't sure where to find the info, so you all are so much help.  I will let my friend know and keep encouraging her.  I won't be having lab work until my 4th week of treatment, so I am just anxious for that time to get here.  Feels like a good journey, for sure and I have been working, my Dr. said she didn't expect me to miss any days of work with my treatment. This is such a good learning place as well as all the support here.  Thanks to all of you who responded.
Terri Tree
1970's contacted HCV 1a
1997 diagnosed, untreated until now
ALT 150, AST 109, VL 286,000
12-21-2015 started Harvoni 8 week plan

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.