Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:55:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 124
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 112
Total: 112

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Diagnosed with HBV and after Ultrasound report shocked me  (Read 7311 times)

Offline shakeelrehman80

Diagnosed with HBV and after Ultrasound report shocked me
« on: March 24, 2016, 05:28:22 am »
Dear Bucky,

Very good NEWS from your side and it gives all new hope. I also diagnosed with HBV and after Ultrasound report shocked me (Report is under with liver sketch). The doctor has said that I have Cirrhosis, Portal Hypertension, HBeAG negative. This bad NEWS give a shock to me and my family. The Dr. Started Entecavir (0.5 mg) which I take for last one month.

With your experience and see my following report whats my condition and your suggestion along with above medicine (Entecavir 0.5mg). My reports are as under  for your snapshot. Especially My Ultrasound report (US).

-------------------------------------------------------------
My Reports:

Ultrasound 1:
Liver: reduced in size (9.9 ml in MCL). Irregular margin, moderately coarse (Moderate F2 to F3 fibrosis) parenchyma __________CLD. No focal defect. integrate biliary channels are not dilated. Spectral pattern of hepatic vein shows loss of W pattern.
PORTAL VASCULATURE: Portal vein (13mm Luminal dia) is of increased caliber with hepatopetal flow.
Repeat Ultrasound 2:
Liver: Liver measures 120 mm in cranio caudal dimension. The contours are irregular. Its tecture appears inhomogeneous. No intra hepatic biliary dlitaion noted. CBD measures 3.6 mm at porta hepatis. PV measures 10.3 mm and is clear. Portal vein as well as hepatic veins are seen tortuous at porta hepatis

ESR: 05
HBsAG: 3571.51
HBVDNA: 74394 IU/ml
1. Billubirin: 0.7
2. ALT: 79
3. AST: 35
4. Alkaline Phosphate: 148
5. Gamma GT: 83

Another repeat Test:
1. Billiburin: 0.80 mg/dL
2. Albumin Serum: 4.56 mg/dL
Prothrombine Time:
1. Patient: 11.0 Seconds
2. Control: 10.6
3. INR: 1.0
1. HB Surface Antibody: Non reactive (patient value: 0.00 mIU/ml)
2. Hepatitis Be Antigen: Non reactive (patient value: 0.350)
3. Hepatitis Be Ab: Reactive (Patient S/CO value:0.01)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline lporterrn

• LucindaPorterRN
    • LucindaPorterRN
Re: Diagnosed with HBV and after Ultrasound report shocked me
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 11:43:32 am »
Welcome Shakeel,
Your post from the hep C forum was moved here because it's related to hep B. It sounds like you already know what the reports mean, since your doc has given you a diagnosis that is consistent with the report. Entecavir has been around a long time. A new drug is in the works (if approved, it will be announced), and many experts that like hep C, we will eventually cure hep B (3 to 5 years is one prediction I heard).

In the meantime, learn how to manage your cirrhosis, eat a healthy diet, and your doc should help you manage your condition. Once the news wears off, it will get easier to live life, and yes, enjoy it.
Lucinda Porter, RN
1988 Contracted HCV
1997 Interferon nonresponder
2003 PEG + ribavirin responder-relapser
2013 Cured (Harvoni + ribavirin clinical trial)
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/lucindakporter

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.