Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:24:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 157
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 147
Total: 147

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Late dose!  (Read 6203 times)

Offline worried55

Late dose!
« on: May 08, 2016, 10:53:38 pm »
Today was a crazy day and I usually take my meds at 8 am everyday but I forgot and took them at 6 pm.  Is there anything to be concerned about with an 8 hour difference?  Is this the same as missing a dose!?
3a
Diagnosed summer 2014
Infected somewhere between 2009 and 2014. 
Source unknown possibly tattoos or dentist
Started treatment April 2016 Sovaldi and dacklinza
Viral load to start 28,000
4 wk labs... Undetected!!!!!!!
8 wk labs.....Undetected!!!!!
12 wk labs.....(really 14 weeks. Taken 2 weeks post treatment)  Undetected!!!!!
24 wk labs.   Undetected!  Cured!

Offline Mugwump

• My number of posts means nothing, piscor ergo sum!
Re: Late dose!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 03:06:40 am »

Which med are you taking?

Please carefully read the pamphlet for the med you are on and speak to a good pharmacist that is up to speed with HCV treatments.

If you are on Harvoni you can call the Gilead support path number in the US, doubling up the dose is not a good thing but forgetting it over half a day just means that you should then switch your pill to 24 hours after the last pill. 
Do not take two pills within a 24 hour period.

If you are on a Generic version of Harvoni then please pay careful attention to not taking 2 pills within 24 hours of each other.

If you do accidentally take two pills within a very short time frame then please speak to a qualified doctor.

The support path info is a line that is open during business hours monday to friday eastern us time at 1-855-769-7284

To answer your question it is not quite the same as missing a dose you only changed the time you are taking the med.

Missing a dose is if you completely forget and skip taking the pill. It is no sweat taking the pill in the evening just changes the time you take your daily dose.

Ooops I see you are on Solvaldi and Daclinza or whatever. If it is a single pill combo the same as Harvoni then most likely you are fine but call Gilead they are the making big bucks and can afford to inform people!

If you did not receive a large pamphlet with the drug explaining this then give the drug distribution company shit for not including it with the med!!!!!

I know that some of the pharmacies like to keep their customers in the dark and rip off the information sheets so the pharmacists have the detailed info but to me this is asinine elitist bullshit. GIlead should have the prescription sheet online somewhere by now though!

Lets see if we can find it??????
BINGO
Here is the Daklinza info which is mandatory to be public in Canada where we have sensible regulations of these things
http://www.bmscanada.ca/static/products/en/pm_pdf/DAKLINZA_EN_PM.PDF

Here is Solvaldi again because Gilead must release it in Canada

http://www.gilead.ca/pdf/ca/sovaldi_pm_english.pdf

Been there done that and still am cured OOPS :o

« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 03:24:03 am by Mugwump »
Caution shameless self promotion below :-)
https://www.hepmag.com/article/eric-reesor-27742-782589663
DING DONG MY DRAGON (HCV) IS FINALLY DEAD!

Offline worried55

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 07:20:19 am »
The pamphlets say to just take it as soon as possible but don't double up on a dose
3a
Diagnosed summer 2014
Infected somewhere between 2009 and 2014. 
Source unknown possibly tattoos or dentist
Started treatment April 2016 Sovaldi and dacklinza
Viral load to start 28,000
4 wk labs... Undetected!!!!!!!
8 wk labs.....Undetected!!!!!
12 wk labs.....(really 14 weeks. Taken 2 weeks post treatment)  Undetected!!!!!
24 wk labs.   Undetected!  Cured!

Offline Mugwump

• My number of posts means nothing, piscor ergo sum!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 10:02:22 pm »
The recommendation with harvoni was not to take another pill for at least 16 hours I did not look at the half live of Daklinza but if they say to take the next pill as soon as possible I would guess that it means 24 hours after you have taken the pill late.

So all you do is switch from morning to evening. Either way I am sure you will be fine and reach SVR

Cheers
Eric
Caution shameless self promotion below :-)
https://www.hepmag.com/article/eric-reesor-27742-782589663
DING DONG MY DRAGON (HCV) IS FINALLY DEAD!

Offline Lynn K

• Global Moderator
  • Get tested, get treated, get cured, fight Hep c!
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 03:11:29 pm »
I believe it means if you are late taking your dose to take that pill as soon as you realize you forgot and then to return to your normal dosing schedule. Of course if he new time works better you could just use the new time but best to ask your doctor or pharmacist. I got my prescribing info with every refill. I believe it is US federal law to provide the prescribing information sheet with every refill mine was glued to the bottle
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 03:17:24 pm by Lynn K »
Genotype 1a
1978 contracted, 1990 Dx
1995 Intron A failed
2001 Interferon Riba null response
2003 Pegintron Riba trial med null response
2008 F4 Cirrhosis Bx
2014 12 week Sov/Oly relapse
10/14 fibroscan 27 PLT 96
2014 24 weeks Harvoni 15 weeks Riba
5/4/15 EOT not detected, ALT 21, AST 20
4 week post not detected, ALT 26, AST 28
12 week post NOT DETECTED (07/27/15)
ALT 29, AST 27 PLT 92
24 week post NOT DETECTED! (10/19/15)
44 weeks (3/11/16)  fibroscan 33, PLT 111, HCV NOT DETECTED!
I AM FREE!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.