Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:41:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 91
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 77
Total: 77

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Finished Sovaldi and dacklinza!  (Read 6925 times)

Offline worried55

Finished Sovaldi and dacklinza!
« on: July 29, 2016, 07:42:39 pm »
Hey all so I am finished my treatment and have been undetected since my first blood work at 4 weeks.   I am two weeks out and undetected as of last Friday.  I'm a little worried because today I am just exhausted.  Like no energy at all.   Granted t is the end of the day and I worked all day and did errands  and put the kids to bed but I'm just more drained today.  I had this once before and I convinced myself this is when I got hep c in the first place.  I felt like this shortly after one of my tattoos and tested positive a year later.  I'm not sure if that day of exhaustion was just a coincidence or me starting to feel symptoms of infection.  Anyway you can understand my fear of it possibly returning while I feel like this.  Has anyone else relapsed on these meds and if so how far out?   My viral load was extremely low to begin with. I do have high hopes.  Just looking for more info.  Thanks
3a
Diagnosed summer 2014
Infected somewhere between 2009 and 2014. 
Source unknown possibly tattoos or dentist
Started treatment April 2016 Sovaldi and dacklinza
Viral load to start 28,000
4 wk labs... Undetected!!!!!!!
8 wk labs.....Undetected!!!!!
12 wk labs.....(really 14 weeks. Taken 2 weeks post treatment)  Undetected!!!!!
24 wk labs.   Undetected!  Cured!

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
  • It only looks like I know what I'm doing
Re: Finished Sovaldi and dacklinza!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 07:54:46 am »
Sometimes we just feel tired. I'm sure you'll be fine. Keep the faith. Some people do relapse, but the numbers are very small.
CURED SVR24  Class of 2015
Wk 12 post EOT 30.11.15: ALT 14 AST 22 GGT 22 VL UND
Week 19 07.08.15: ALT 17 AST 23 GGT 25
Week 12 18.06.15: ALT 21 AST 23 GGT 28
Week 8 25.05.15: ALT 23 AST 27 GGT 30 VL UND
Week 4 20.04.14: ALT 30 AST 36 VL 40
Treatment start 23.03.15: ALT 137 AST 185 VL 342,600
Cirrhosis Child-Pugh A, Genotype 1a - Viekira Pak + riba 24 weeks
Total failure interferon/ribavirin/boceprovir Mar 2013
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/grace-campbell

Offline brie41

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 05:05:48 pm »
Hi Worried,

Congrats on finishing up your treatment.  I felt the same way on and off since I finished my 8 weeks of harvoni.  I will take my 12 week eot test in a few weeks and I am hoping that all is well.  We all know that any one of us can be the one it is not a miracle drug for, but there is such a good chance we beat it too.  Try not to worry as many people who are cured still don't feel great.  Hang in there.  Brie
Diagnosed  HCV, 1A 2006
Viral load 6 million
Ast/Alt always in the 20's
F0-F1, never changed
Treatment naive, started 8 week Harvoni 3/15/16
4 and 8 week labs undetected
6 week eot labs undetected
13 week eot UNDETECTED!

Offline worried55

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 08:28:45 pm »
Thanks for your response guys.  I'm keeping my head up and trying to stay positive.   This is such a waiting game.   Waiting for meds.  Taking meds for 12 weeks then waiting 12 more weeks.  I can't wait till this is all behind me.
3a
Diagnosed summer 2014
Infected somewhere between 2009 and 2014. 
Source unknown possibly tattoos or dentist
Started treatment April 2016 Sovaldi and dacklinza
Viral load to start 28,000
4 wk labs... Undetected!!!!!!!
8 wk labs.....Undetected!!!!!
12 wk labs.....(really 14 weeks. Taken 2 weeks post treatment)  Undetected!!!!!
24 wk labs.   Undetected!  Cured!

Offline FutureThinker

• Onward and upward!
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 03:25:20 pm »
Hey Worried, I go in for my 12 EOT labs this week, and still don't have my "normal" energy levels back, so I completely understand your thoughts. Just try to have positive thoughts, as adding stress sure isn't going to help us.  Seems quite a few people take a while to feel a lot better, so I am going on that info until I get the results later this month.  Keep the faith! FT
Treatment naive
Likely contracted mid-70s
Diagnosed 1a, 2011
F1-2
Harvoni X 12 weeks, completed 5/17/16
Pre-treatment: VL 3 mil, AST 64, ALT 84
4 week labs: VL 30, AST 21, ALT 14
8 week labs: VL UD!!!, AST 22, ALT 16
12 week labs: VL UD, AST 23, ALT 14
2 wk EOT: VL UD
12 wk EOT: VL UD, AST 22, ALT 13 =  SVR 12! Yay! 
Last hep appointment: VL UD, AST 19, ALT 12 = SVR 39! I AM DONE!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.