Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:04:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 143
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 102
Total: 102

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: VP / Riba Update  (Read 5249 times)

Offline Pete

VP / Riba Update
« on: August 20, 2016, 02:49:58 pm »
End of 8 weeks -

I got a cortisone injection in my shoulder, and it blew out my WBC count.  In fact it doubled to >15.   I did some snooping around on the web and learned this is a common (short term) side effect of cortisone treatment.  I was checked again a week later it's nearly back to into range.  All other labs are pretty much normal across the board.

V/L- Undetected
Hmg  back up yo pre tx levels 15.2  - up 2 points in 2 weeks, and remains stable.
Still, no side effects to report.

I expected the V/L to be Undetected, but the HMG increase is a kind of a surprise.  I thought once you started in decline from the ribavirin, your best hope was to level off at some point and try hang in there.  Have to wait and see if this is a short term event or not.   

I find if I check this forum too frequently, the treatment time seems to drag.  I'll check back in a couple of weeks.

Good luck to everyone, 16 weeks to go me.

pete

Offline its time

Re: VP / Riba Update
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 09:15:03 am »
hey pete glad to hear you are doing well ...great news about the Hmg 15.2  that helps a lot ... 
hope when you pop back on all is still good for you 
4.16.16  VL 1.7 million  AST 62   ALT 80  RBC  4.84
HBG  15.4
GENO TYPE 1A
7.9.16   Viekira + Riba 12 WKS (EOT 9.30.16)
7.23.16  2 wk lab
     VL  20    AST  20   ALT  16   RBC 4.05   HBG 12.6
8.6.16  4 WK LAB
     VL UNDETECTED  AST 14   ALT 14   RBC 3.98
HBG 12.4
9.3.16   8 wk lab
     VL UNDETECTED  AST 14   ALT 10    RBC 3.74
HBG  11.9
10.8.16  12 WK EOT
    VL  UNDETECTED  AST 16   ALT  12   RBC  3.76
HBG  12.0
END DECEMBER GO FOR 12 WK BLDWK
1/5 2017 HEP C FREE.. CURED :)

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.