Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:32:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 137
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 137
Total: 137

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Day 6 Harvoni  (Read 5206 times)

Offline cubishone

Day 6 Harvoni
« on: February 07, 2017, 03:26:52 pm »
Well i am in the middle of day 6 having and i have to say this has been a mixed bag of symptoms. I havent had coffee at all didnt want to mix to much- i get headaches everyday right around this time. so bad 2 of the 6 nights ive been in bed before 6pm. the morning i dont want to wake up. bad diarrhea 2 days  which has calmed down. Does anyone have any advice. When my phone alarm goes off in the morning i dread taking the pill.

but i know its for the best. My wife is so afraid im going to stop taking it she decided to get me small gifts after one week two week etc. She is a nurse but she doesnt know the effects of this medicine.

Cube

Offline gnatcatcher

Re: Day 6 Harvoni
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 05:09:31 pm »
Cube, if you normally drink a lot of coffee, the suddenness of your caffeine withdrawal could be contributing to the headaches. Are you drinking plenty of fluids (especially water)? Harvoni seems to need extra fluid intake, and that helps decrease any part of your headaches caused by the Harvoni. There are two ways of knowing that you are drinking enough fluids: (1) your urine is pale yellow or colorless, or (2) you are drinking at least one ounce for every 2 pounds you weigh, which equals one 8-ounce cup for every 16 pounds you weigh. So, if you weigh 160 pounds, you want to drink at least 80 ounces, which equals 10 cups.

I hope this will lessen your headaches. If you look at the side effects table in the printed information that came with your bottle of Harvoni, unfortunately some people on Harvoni get headaches, and some get diarrhea. Your wife's love and gifts will help, as will your next set of labs, when you see proof that Harvoni is making your liver better.

Gnatty
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
VL still UNDETECTED (SVR 102)
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline cubishone

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 05:14:48 pm »
gnatty thank you so much this helps tremendously!

Cube

Offline Mw2324

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 06:27:18 pm »
It will get better! Hang in there your body is still adjusting. Best of luck!
30 yr. old female
Infected in 2006
Genotype 2b
Pretreatment:
F0
Alt 28
Ast 30
Viral load 49,000
Started Epclusa on 9/9/16 -12 week treatment
4 week viral load undetected... ALT 19 AST 19
12 week eot viral load undetected...ALT16 AST 11

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.