Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:36:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 64
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 45
Total: 45

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Started Zepatier  (Read 7363 times)

Offline Lauren1026

Started Zepatier
« on: May 02, 2017, 12:34:19 pm »
I am in treatment 2nd day of Zepatier. So thankful to have found a doctor willing to take any necessary steps to get me treated. I found out Jan of this year... went to a gastroenterologist mid February to be told sorry you are an F0.... and they wouldn't even submit a prescription to my insurance because I have no liver damage. Met with Dr sulkowski at johns Hopkins March 20th and its may 2nd and I am in treatment already!!!!  Beyond thankful for everyone on this forum for their replies and support through all of this! All of the kind words truly helped me stay positive!! Here's to a cure. I hope for anyone who has been affected by this to be able to receive treatment that is needed to eradicate this pain in the butt virus!
January 2017 found out I am positive
Feb 15th 2017 genotype 1a VL850000 F0
MARCH 20th entered in a study 50/50 chance of getting  either harvoni or zepatier for treatment
May 1st begin treatment of zepatier VL450000

Offline Jorah

Re: Started Zepatier
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 09:45:04 pm »
Good for you and good luck, interesting...they're going to do 6 weeks zepetier and then 6 on harvoni?

Offline Mimi

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 08:44:33 am »
Good luck to you! I'm on day 11 of viekira pak with ribavirin. 
We'll get there!  :)

Offline Lauren1026

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 11:27:19 am »
Jorah
I am on 12 weeks of zepatier :)
MARCH 20th entered in a study 50/50 chance of getting  either harvoni or zepatier for treatment

Offline Lauren1026

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 11:27:50 am »
Mimi
Good luck!!! Yes we will get there :)

Offline Mimi

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 12:27:35 pm »
 :) my first bloods on tuesday, hopefully all going well, must say i feel good, better thank before treatment  :o
Pm me anytime for a chat! Nice to have people to talk to going through this...

Offline Jorah

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 06:20:04 pm »
Jorah
I am on 12 weeks of zepatier :)

Ok Thanks because on your signature Its says 50% zepatier and harvoni...will you also go thru 12 weeks of harvoni? Or just 12 on zepatier?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 06:21:51 pm by Jorah »

Offline Lauren1026

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2017, 08:30:14 pm »
Jorah
I did have my signature worded funny! Lol I changed it. I was put into a study like a coin toss... i had a 50/50 chance between the two, harvoni and zepatier, through the university of Florida. My Dr and I were hoping for zepatier because I got it through the manufacturer (Merek  or Mereck) completely free in a quick time frame with no issue at all! If it would have chosen harvoni, for some reason it would have been a long battle to obtain. Not exactly sure why... doc explained it but honestly I had so many appointments they blend together! I just know we were all rooting for the zepatier and thankfully I got it. Before this doctor I have now, I was seriously contemplating buying generic harvoni through Greg jeffreys. I felt so doomed after being told from a different doc that I would never get treatment because I have no liver damage! They were like bye we will check on you every year until you are an F3!! It was crazy. But I am so happy to have found this forum and my current doc dedicated to treating everyone affected by this crappy virus!

Offline Jorah

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2017, 08:51:34 pm »
LOL no problem, you know sometimes they come up with different studies and I thought they were gonna try that on you. But its great you got 12 weeks with Zepetier it works well for a lot of people.  You'll do great !!!!
Yesterday I was browsing around and found some place in India that are selling generic epclusa for $840 which is a great price. But you have to know the laws of your countries re: importing drugs. But you have a great doctor and the Zepatier is all you're going to need...take care

Jorah
I did have my signature worded funny! Lol I changed it. I was put into a study like a coin toss... i had a 50/50 chance between the two, harvoni and zepatier, through the university of Florida. My Dr and I were hoping for zepatier because I got it through the manufacturer (Merek  or Mereck) completely free in a quick time frame with no issue at all! If it would have chosen harvoni, for some reason it would have been a long battle to obtain. Not exactly sure why... doc explained it but honestly I had so many appointments they blend together! I just know we were all rooting for the zepatier and thankfully I got it. Before this doctor I have now, I was seriously contemplating buying generic harvoni through Greg jeffreys. I felt so doomed after being told from a different doc that I would never get treatment because I have no liver damage! They were like bye we will check on you every year until you are an F3!! It was crazy. But I am so happy to have found this forum and my current doc dedicated to treating everyone affected by this crappy virus!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.