Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:49:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 56
Total: 56

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: D63 12WK after EOT Harvoni SVR results  (Read 7090 times)

Offline D63

• and, so . . .
D63 12WK after EOT Harvoni SVR results
« on: July 06, 2017, 12:57:18 pm »
Hi everyone, it's been a couple of months since I posted and I haven't been receiving email notifications of anyone responding like I did before. Many had responded to: Post Harvoni: As good as it gets? It really helped me to read thru all of your comments and I wish to thank you from my heart.

Getting to the point, the good news is that I have 3 months after end of treatment SVR undetectable. In September, I will have another VL and then 1 year after that.

The not so good is that I have been coping with some mod to severe shoulder impingement issues since the 14th of Feb., the 2nd month during Harvoni tx and continuing after. I joined a gym with a vapor sauna and to do mild exercise to help to detox. Lifting weight with my right shoulder is not an option as I do not have much range of motion. Ultrasound suggests microcrystallization calcified tendinosis & itis- it's REALLY painful. I can get more technical with the anatomic names but I'll spare you by just telling you that it's a frozen shoulder from doing simple housework, and my GP is on the defensive about any relation to Harvoni, although Lucinda's theories do hold water. Much I am concluding lately about this post tx process is that for years my organs and glands have been under the oppressed dictatorship of the HCV. Since the virus is dead, so far, those organs are either wondering what to do, have been under or over-working, and/ or, are recalibrating themselves to secrete the proper hormones, enzymes and neurochemicals. So, working in an environment of possible depletions nutrients, minerals and vitamins may be slowing it down. I've been reading Future Thinker's posts and that too makes sense. Although it's not sure if whether it's a matter of coincidence of time and restoration of nutrients, or the time, or the restoration; the bottom line at least for me just seems to be time, whether I supplement or not. I've been struggling with asthenia (muscle weakness) as well as long bouts of fatigue. I must say that the shoulder pain does eat away at my energy. Yesterday, I decided to sleep in because I was sleepy and that being asleep is better than being awake with frustrating, nagging pain. Well, I have things to do. NSAID's aren't touching it. And it would require that I either OD or take it so frequently that it eats a hole in my stomach. I wish they would give me hydrocodone here. I do take pure codeine without acetaminophen added. I can put it under my tongue. It's just under 30mg at 28.7mg per tablet and it's rare that I take an entire tablet. So I stack it occasionally with acetaminophen or ibuprophen if I take a half. If I take a whole, it's just the codeine alone. I won't take it every day.
I hope to avoid surgery and cortisone injections. They have sound wave shock therapy to break down the calculi and I hope I can try this approach with physical therapy before anything minimally invasive. I still have some insomnia from the Harvoni and compounded by the shoulder pain it makes getting to sleep difficult and depressing. I'd like to try some additional therapies but until I get a clearer diagnosis which I've been waiting a long time for, I'm hesitant to try anything yet, except homeopathy. I'm taking magnesium malate, B-12 methyl-cobalamin, D3 I started yesterday and I need some C 1000mg with bioflavanoids.
That's it for now. I'll be poking around here for some other reading and I wish you all a speedy recovery and congratulate you whom have a SVR after treatment. I'll check my notifications preferences too to see if anything has been changed or if that's the problem.

BIG HUGS!
Genotype: 1A 
Contracted tattoo
Dx in 1990
Fibroscan: 11/15/2016 
Stage: F-0,  5.4 Kpa
Tx naive
Started Harvoni: 1/30/2017 - 8 weeks Tx

Week 1 Starting VL: 3,044,516
AST: 36
ALT: 63
Cryoglobulinemia: positive 12.00
Week 2:
AST: 15
ALT: 20
Week 4 VL: 0- UD
Cryo: NEGATIVE
AST: 16
Week 8 EOT VL: 0-UD
ALT: 18
Week 12, after EOT of 8 WK Tx: VL: 0- UD
Six months after EOT: VL: 0- UD
ALT: 13
AST: 12

One year after End Of Treatment: Viral Load: 0- NEGATIVE
AST: 17

CURED

Offline FutureThinker

• Onward and upward!
Re: D63 12WK after EOT Harvoni SVR results
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 01:21:46 pm »
Hey D63! While good to hear from you, I am sorry to learn you are still having issues.  Just thought I'd update you on my status. 

After 10 weeks of B12 shots (and continuing all the other vitamins/supplements), I took a break to see how I would feel w/o the shots.  Energy is much improved, I am thankful to say, feeling much more normal at this point.  I'm going to continue the shots ~ every 3-4 weeks to see how that goes for awhile. I am due for repeat blood work by my GP for the micronutrient levels this month.  All the supplements I was prescribed were based on that blood work and I would recommend you consider getting that done, too. Talk to your GP.

Re: your frozen shoulder:  Physical therapy may be of benefit.  Has this been recommended? Consider this before surgery or cortisone injections. It's a common diagnosis in PT.

I hope you can find some relief for the should pain sooner vs. later, as the interference w/ your sleep certainly isn't going to help your fatigue, etc. 

Hang in there! I know all too well how frustrating not feeling good can be. It's not fun. But, I continue to believe all of us will be whole again, it just may take more time (and supplements) than we'd prefer.  Keep us posted, FT 

Treatment naive
Likely contracted mid-70s
Diagnosed 1a, 2011
F1-2
Harvoni X 12 weeks, completed 5/17/16
Pre-treatment: VL 3 mil, AST 64, ALT 84
4 week labs: VL 30, AST 21, ALT 14
8 week labs: VL UD!!!, AST 22, ALT 16
12 week labs: VL UD, AST 23, ALT 14
2 wk EOT: VL UD
12 wk EOT: VL UD, AST 22, ALT 13 =  SVR 12! Yay! 
Last hep appointment: VL UD, AST 19, ALT 12 = SVR 39! I AM DONE!

Offline FutureThinker

• Onward and upward!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 01:28:25 pm »
Also -- see my post under the "Research" topic on June 29th, "Maybe some answers...."  FT
Treatment naive
Likely contracted mid-70s
Diagnosed 1a, 2011
F1-2
Harvoni X 12 weeks, completed 5/17/16
Pre-treatment: VL 3 mil, AST 64, ALT 84
4 week labs: VL 30, AST 21, ALT 14
8 week labs: VL UD!!!, AST 22, ALT 16
12 week labs: VL UD, AST 23, ALT 14
2 wk EOT: VL UD
12 wk EOT: VL UD, AST 22, ALT 13 =  SVR 12! Yay! 
Last hep appointment: VL UD, AST 19, ALT 12 = SVR 39! I AM DONE!

Offline D63

• and, so . . .
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 01:41:03 pm »
Thank you FT!!!

Thanks for the encouragement and empthy :)

I'll check out the research!
Genotype: 1A 
Contracted tattoo
Dx in 1990
Fibroscan: 11/15/2016 
Stage: F-0,  5.4 Kpa
Tx naive
Started Harvoni: 1/30/2017 - 8 weeks Tx

Week 1 Starting VL: 3,044,516
AST: 36
ALT: 63
Cryoglobulinemia: positive 12.00
Week 2:
Week 4 VL: 0- UD
Cryo: NEGATIVE
AST: 16
Week 8 EOT VL: 0-UD
ALT: 18
Week 12, after EOT of 8 WK Tx: VL: 0- UD
Six months after EOT: VL: 0- UD
ALT: 13
AST: 12

One year after End Of Treatment: Viral Load: 0- NEGATIVE
AST: 17

CURED

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.