Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:09:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 91
Total: 91

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 2 Weeks in with Epclusa  (Read 8815 times)

Offline singinasong

2 Weeks in with Epclusa
« on: October 14, 2017, 02:17:55 am »
Hi everyone.

I've just hit the two week mark and my experience so far is pretty unremarkable. I have had mild joint pains that are more like phantom pains that only last for a few minutes or so. They are not often.

I am used to having fatigue, but must admit that I actually have more energy than I normally do.

My biggest complaint about HCV is the neurological issues that I have had for the past 11 years. I'm really hoping that treatment helps my symptoms, but I know that this will take time post treatment.

This is my third treatment. I'm genotype 1a. In 2003, I was on the Pegasys Combo with Riba. I only lasted 11 weeks due to having serious thyroid issues. At that time, I was diagnosed with Graves disease and Graves ophthalmology. The next treatment was in 2011/12. I did triple therapy with Victrelis; started at 2.2M VL and ended at 11 weeks 3K VL.

This time, I get to do the full 12 weeks of treatment without a PCR test until I am finished.  I will have blood work done every four weeks to monitor my blood cells and liver enzymes. I wish I could see my results at 4 weeks, but I will have to remain patient and wait the full 12 weeks, plus the length it takes to get the PCR results.

Looking forward to journey with you all.

Thanks.

Singin  :)

PS. I tried to figure out how to create a signature to list my hx, but I couldn't figure it out  ::)

Epclusa, Pre Fibroscan 8.9kPa [F2]
Pre Tx: AST/ALT 67/83 4wks 36/34, 8wks 26/28

Offline gnatcatcher

Re: 2 Weeks in with Epclusa
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 06:19:42 am »
singinasong, glad to hear you are getting the energy boost that Harvoni gave me -- it's probably the sofosbuvir that both medicines contain. I assume you will get to see the results of your four-week blood work, and the AST and ALT will be improved and cheer you on.

As to creating a signature, on the middle menu bar (Home Forum Help . . . ), pull down Profile and choose Forum Profile. There's a large box that lets you enter a signature of up to 500 characters.

Best wishes,

Gnatty
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
VL still UNDETECTED (SVR 102)
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline singinasong

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 12:43:49 pm »
Hi Gnatty,

Nice to meet you. Thanks for the tutorial; It was right under my nose.

You are right. I will see the AST and ALT drop and that will be enough to keep my patience at bay.

Singin  :)

Offline singinasong

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 02:03:21 am »
I got my 4 week results in for AST/ALT and they are 34/36. Not what I was hoping for, but perhaps these numbers are due to a mildly fatty liver (as per latest ultrasound).

The AST/ALT numbers below during my last tx didn't hit these numbers until 12 weeks in, so I am hopeful. I also take a number of inhaled steroids everyday, so maybe this high normal is my normal.

I do feel better and think better, but I don't look better  ;)

Will have to wait and see...

Offline gnatcatcher

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 09:48:46 am »
Singin, if anyone deserves "third time's the charm," it's you. Amazing that you've stayed at F2 through everything! A big hooray on the AST/ALT numbers -- basing them on your personal hx rather than what's normal for most people makes sense to me.

Gnatty
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
VL still UNDETECTED (SVR 102)
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline singinasong

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 09:41:40 pm »
Thanks Gnatty. third time is a charm! :D

Yes, it's pretty amazing that I have stayed at F2 over the past 16 years. The doctor thinks I may have slow progression due to genetics, but that doesn't stop the symptoms. Luckily, I am able to treat it!

Wishing us all success and hope!

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.