Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:30:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55126
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 96
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 69
Total: 69

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Forum Scorecard?  (Read 17032 times)

Offline Pete

Forum Scorecard?
« on: April 09, 2015, 02:06:29 am »
I have a suggestion for the forum admin.  How about a single source document with everyone's stats posted?  Could be a simple spreadsheet. Including such information as:

User Name
Brief Histology
geno type
Biopsy Score
Pre test labs
TX start date / Treatment Protocol
Side Effects
2 ,4, 8, 12 test results and post test results

I bring this up because I find it pretty tough sometimes (+time consuming) to follow how individual members here are doing. Folks may post results at times replying in the middle of a topic, or may start one of their own. 

While the personal stories add great value to the community here, sometimes results are buried in the middle of a long thread.  I'd like to be able to clink on a link and see the all results.  For example, can anyone tell me what the SVR % of forum members is?

Maybe it's to early to tell with such a new drug as Harvoni.  But overtime, that number could (and should) be tracked.  With over 2000 members here I would think these tallied results would give tremendous value to both this community and Health Care Professionals. I suppose one could argue its not really legit because anyone could join and post bogus numbers.  That would be really sad, but I guess there is that possibility.

I have noticed that many are posting key dates and stats at the bottom of their posts.  I will start doing the same. 

Just an idea, thought I'd mention it. 

Regards,
Pete

Offline charly8

Re: Forum Scorecard?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 11:19:29 am »
I find it helpful if everybody has their stats at the bottom of their signature like you mentioned. 

But it would be helpful to keep a running tally of SVR 12 and relapsers along with their stats for reference as a sticky.
1a, VL  1.05 Mil, ALT 47
Fibrosure F3 December 2014
Fibroscan F0-F1 March 2015
1995 INT & RYB -non-responder
2007 PEGIN & RYB 72 weeks tx - partial responder relapsed
1/23/15 Started Harvoni 12 weeks, EOT 4/17
2 week blood work -  <15 Und. (ALT 25)
4 week blood work - <15 Und. (ALT 29)
2/20/15 added RYB (4 weeks into 12 of tx)
8 week blood work - <15 Und. (ALT 23)
(EOT) 12 week blood work - <15 Und.
4wk POST tx VL - Und. (ALT16, AST 17)

Offline dragonslayer

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 01:52:12 pm »
Charly.. I agree.. I almost think it should be mandatory for everybody to construct a forum profile Signature which features their key HCV stats...  People have a way of posting a milestone, which, without sufficient context, is all well and good to elicit a 'Congratulations' from the readership, but does very little to further anybody's knowledge... Its really crucial to have this data, and I think the Signature is an ideal way to do it; even better than a spreadsheet.. Why?   If someone posts 'my 8 wk test showed a viral load of 37', in order to find out what this really means in terms of treatment duration, their liver condition, applicability to others in treatment and to whom, etc, etc, youd have to leave the post, open up the spreadsheet, search for the post author, etc... However, with a good Signature entry, youd know right then and there what the post really means.

If we are going to be a more effective support and learning forum, we need people to enter their data in their signatures.. The mods have tried to get folks to do it, but they compliance is not great.
Paul

DX 2008
Started Harvoni 11/26/14 for 8 wks
Completed 8 wks Harvoni 01/20/15
EOT RNA Quant result:  Detected 29
7.5 wk post tx: Detected < LLOQ(12)
11 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR12
24 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR24; AST 26; ALT 22; ALP 73
48 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR48; AST 18; ALT 18; ALP 70
GT 1a
vl 2.4mil
2008 bpx: Stage&Grade 0
2013 bpx: Stage&Grade: 0-1
IL28B: TT
likely infected early '70s

Offline Bituman

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 02:09:23 pm »
Establishing a database is a super idea.  However I agree with Pete that it ought to be in one place.  That seems more effective than sifting through a bunch of signature lines. 

I'm one of the offending people that don't include stats in signature line.  I have periodically posted results as treatment progressed.  But I thought it would be better to post ALL my stats TOGETHER upon completion of treatment.  Perhaps I was wrong. I can't think of any down side to doing that.  Maybe I will try to get it done later today. 

Bob
Age = 59, male, infected likely 1975
DX 07/07 GT 1a
Biopsy 2007:  GR 1, stage 0, HAI = 2/18
Since 2007:  1.48 MM < VL < 11 MM, avg = 5.64 MM
IL28B=CT
1/26/15, AST=43, ALT=55, VL=3.59 MM
2/5 Start Harvoni 12 weeks; Treat naive
2/20 AST=29, ALT=24, VL=59
3/6 AST=29, ALT=25, VL<15
3/19 AST=24, ALT=22, VL=undet
4/3 AST=29, ALT=25, VL=undet
4/30 EOT, AST=22, ALT=20, VL=undet
5/29 EOT+4, AST=20, ALT=19, VL=undet SVR
7/24 EOT+12, AST=23, ALT=18, VL=undet SVR
10/16 EOT+24, AST=22, ALT=17, VL=undet SVR

Offline petra

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 05:45:00 pm »
As a relatively rare genotype "2" I have found sifting through the forum, looking for information, very time consuming. I have taken the time and I have even tried to keep notes. Organizing the information on the forum would be so very helpful. I'm waiting for my 12 week end of treatment blood work results. I should have the results by the 14th of this month.
User Name: petra
Height: 5' 7" Weight: 118
Diagnosed: June 2014
Infected: unsure of when
geno type: 2
Biopsy Score:no fibro scan or biopsy
Pre treatment: 3.5 million vl, other blood work normal
TX start date: October 17, 2014
Treatment Protocol: 12 weeks of 400mg of Sovaldi and 800 mg of Ribavirin per day
Side Effects: fatigue, itchiness.

Viral load:
3.5 million at start of treatment
18 at 4 weeks
undetected at 6, 8, and 12 weeks.
SVR at 12 weeks after treatment

Offline Bituman

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 09:29:27 pm »

Maybe I will try to get it done later today. 

See below (and above), got it done.  Bumped up against 500 character limit. 
Bob
DX 07/07 GT 1a
IL28B=CT

Offline BubbaT

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 10:59:29 pm »
Great idea guys!
Way to go bob you did it!     ;D
Age 57 male
Infected late 70's
Diagnosed 95
1a, 2 prev biopsy 95, 2004
Ct 2007, 2015
Treatment Naive
F4 A3. Fibrosure/ CT 2-5-15. Ammonia 222
VL 2.2 mil.
Started Harvoni  3-3-15. 12weeks, finished 5-26-15
4 week VL undetected
12 week EOT undetected

Offline sapphire101

• "Stop worrying and start living"
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 12:55:32 am »
Solid idea Pete.
The forum could put this information in  a separate spot and then is would be easy to see at a glance who was on what treatments and where they are in the time space continuum that is HCV treatment.

Weak attempt at a Forum Joke:
Question- How can you tell a newbie from a seasoned forum poster?
Answer- By the length of their signature!!
bwaawhahhahaha

My signature is growing week by week and I need to get in there and clean it up a bit . Put that on my 'to do' list.
Sapphire101
Genotype 1a Fibrosis level 1
Viekira Pak with ribavirin 12 weeks
Pre treatment  VL  1.7 million, AST 45 ALT 65
EOT VL not detected, AST 21 ALT 21
12 week SVR not detected,24 week SVR not detected.
Cured! Class of 2015

Offline Mike

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 12:49:16 pm »
While I think this information would be beneficial, it presents some logistical issues.

First, not every member is comfortable sharing medical information on the internet. If this became mandatory, it might discourage a number of people from joining the forum, which is something we don't want to do.

Second, to cull this information from posts would be a very time consuming venture to (a) obtain the information; (b) to organize it into a single document and; (c) to continually update the document.

Maybe we could start a new thread/post under the header: "Member Lab Results and Progress." Members could post results under the thread, and, since we can edit/modify our own posts, each member could add new results/update status within their individual post. This would be a rolling/living thread.

Any thoughts?

Let me know, Mike
Genotype 1a
Treated 2001 with PEG and RIBV
Treated in 2014 SOL+PEG+RIBV
Cured July 2014

Offline charly8

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2015, 02:13:44 pm »
I agree Mike.  I think the easiest thing is just to recommend that people put the relevant info in their signature, rather than trying to track down peoples information on some central list that needs updating.

I still think a sticky thread with SVR info / relapse info would be helpful.

Possibly like this:
SVR4 Not detected / detected (relapse)
SVR 12 pending
List of info

There are only a few of these people right now that could even give SVR4 or SVR12 info but very very soon in the next couple weeks we should get a flood of people getting their SVR4 test back and some their SVR12 back. 

I think some of the thinking that is coming from EASL is that the 8 week people may need longer duration if they are still detected at week 4 according to some readings.  If this turns out to be true, this may help some people request more tx from the doctor if we starting seeing more relapses than the initial trials suggest.

1a, VL  1.05 Mil, ALT 47

Offline dragonslayer

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 02:41:39 pm »
I agree Mike.  I think the easiest thing is just to recommend that people put the relevant info in their signature, rather than trying to track down peoples information on some central list that needs updating.

I still think a sticky thread with SVR info / relapse info would be helpful.

Possibly like this:
SVR4 Not detected / detected (relapse)
SVR 12 pending
List of info

There are only a few of these people right now that could even give SVR4 or SVR12 info but very very soon in the next couple weeks we should get a flood of people getting their SVR4 test back and some their SVR12 back. 

I think some of the thinking that is coming from EASL is that the 8 week people may need longer duration if they are still detected at week 4 according to some readings.  If this turns out to be true, this may help some people request more tx from the doctor if we starting seeing more relapses than the initial trials suggest.

I like the idea of using the Sigs too for posting relevant case data; I like the idea that each person has control over his data, etc, etc.. There are a lot of people here who appear to have very little experience with forum protocol, and how it all works.. Its going to be a leap to get them to enter the relevant data and use the sig feature.. Still, I think its worth it..  Mike is right; my idea about making it mandatory was heavy handed and not the approach that should be taken....

Charly, please provide a link, if you can, about the EASL info relative to the 8 weekers.  Im surprised to hear that talk is picking up regarding Harvoni 'response guided treatment' which is what it would be if on treatment labs are going to be recommended, and action taken based on those labs.. Because that thinking has definitely not, in the means, been part of Harvoni treatment.  What new data regarding the 8 weekers is tilting this 'new' thinking?  Obviously, what we'd want to know is, on a global basis, is there an unexpected increase in 8 weekers relpase rates that isnt correlating well with the trial data, and is that the cause of this 'new' thinking?  ... A link would be real helpful.

Thanks much...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 02:57:11 pm by dragonslayer »
Paul

DX 2008
Started Harvoni 11/26/14 for 8 wks
Completed 8 wks Harvoni 01/20/15
EOT RNA Quant result:  Detected 29
7.5 wk post tx: Detected < LLOQ(12)
11 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR12
24 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR24; AST 26; ALT 22; ALP 73
48 wk post tx: UNDETECTED SVR48; AST 18; ALT 18; ALP 70
GT 1a
vl 2.4mil
2008 bpx: Stage&Grade 0
2013 bpx: Stage&Grade: 0-1
IL28B: TT
likely infected early '70s

Offline charly8

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2015, 03:05:36 pm »

I like the idea of using the Sigs too for posting relevant case data; I like the idea that each person has control over his data, etc, etc.. There are a lot of people here who appear to have very little experience with forum protocol, and how it all works.. Its going to be a leap to get them to enter the relevant data and use the sig feature.. Still, I think its worth it..  Mike is right; my idea about making it mandatory was heavy handed and not the approach that should be taken....

Charly, please provide a link, if you can, about the EASL info relative to the 8 weekers.  Im surprised to hear that talk is picking up regarding Harvoni 'response guided treatment' which is what it would be if on treatment labs are going to be recommended, and action taken based on those labs.. Because that thinking has definitely not, in the means, been part of Harvoni treatment.  What new data regarding the 8 weekers is tilting this 'new' thinking?  Obviously, what we'd want to know is, on a global basis, is there an unexpected increase in 8 weekers relpase rates that isnt correlating well with the trial data, and is that the cause of this 'new' thinking?  ... A link would be real helpful.

Thanks much...

Paul, I also posted this in the News and Research forum:

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=112590793

Take this with a grain or two of salt.  Right now all we have is a brief synopsis of the EASL discussions.  The commentary is from what appears to be a knowledgeable investor.

""""REAL-WORLD EFFECTIVENESS OF LEDIPASVIR/SOFOSBUVIR 8 WEEKS CHRONIC HEPATITIS C TREATMENT (GILD probably used the 8 week in negotiations with payors, but what if there is a small but meaningful difference in efficacy?)

RESPONSE GUIDED THERAPY IS NOT DEAD: LOW SUSTAINED VIROLOGIC RESPONSE (SVR) RATES IN PATIENTS WHO HAVE DETECTABLE HEPATITIS C VIRUS (HCV) AT WEEK 4 OF TREATMENT WITH SOFOSBUVIR (SOF) CONTAINING REGIMENS (will 8 week regimens get converted to 12 weeks? will insurance companies allow this?) """

"""ASSESSMENT OF BASELINE VIRAL LOAD CUT-OFF FOR SHORTENED LEDIPASVIR/SOFOSBUVIR THERAPY BY WIDELY USED HCV RNA ASSAYS
Conclusions: A baseline viral load below 6 million (6.8 log) IU/ml was present in 59% of patients in the ION-3 registration trial and 40% in the present study based on HPS/CTM. However, measurements with CAP/CTM and ART, two assays widely used in the real-world setting, revealed that 86% and 90% of patients tested were, in principle, eligible to receive an 8-week treatment regimen. A substantial proportion of patients had fluctuating VL levels below and above 6 million IU/ml at different screening time points according to CAP/CTM that could potentially impact treatment decisions. (This is why i wouldn't want 8 weeks of harvoni if i were a pt) """

You can read the abstracts here:

https://events.easl.eu/EventProgramme/ILC2015/POSTER.aspx
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 03:20:27 pm by charly8 »
1a, VL  1.05 Mil, ALT 47

Offline Bituman

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2015, 03:53:00 pm »

Maybe we could start a new thread/post under the header: "Member Lab Results and Progress." Members could post results under the thread, and, since we can edit/modify our own posts, each member could add new results/update status within their individual post. This would be a rolling/living thread.

Any thoughts?

Do it.  A standardized format might be helpful.   
Bob
DX 07/07 GT 1a
IL28B=CT

Offline Pete

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2015, 12:12:52 am »
I do like your idea Mike, make it so!  I too had some concern regarding the logistics around the anonymity piece.  But a Section for results only, no replies just the stats as we all progress through tx might would be worthwhile.  The other forum areas could of course still be used for questions, concerns, and/or encouraging comments.  We all need that positive feedback for for sure!  Ok, here's my shot at my histology.  Took me a while to find the subscript button ;-

Regards,
Pete

62 y/o male HCV 1a Detected 2002
Biopsy Score 2006 - F3 / F3
Treatment Naive
Diagnosed with Compensated Cirrhosis - Jan 2105

Dec 2014 Pre TX Labs:
ALT-145
AST - 122
V/L 4.6 million

3/9//15 - Started Harvoni 12 weeks
2 week labs - ALT 14 / AST 20
4 week labs - ALT 12 / AST 18  V/L 20 IU/ml
8 week labs
12 week labs

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.