Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:45:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 6307
  • Latest: golfer
Stats
  • Total Posts: 55125
  • Total Topics: 4851
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 1314
  • (June 22, 2016, 05:23:42 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 81
Total: 81

Welcome

Welcome to the Hep Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people who have Fatty Liver Disease, Hepatitis B, C or a co-infection, their friends and family and others with questions about hepatitis and liver health. Check in frequently to read what others have to say, post your comments, and hopefully learn more about how you can reach your own health goals.

Privacy Warning: Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.
  • The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.
  • All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.
  • Product advertisement (including links); banners; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from the Hep Forum Moderators.
Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Some positive observations  (Read 34638 times)

Offline Francis60

Some positive observations
« on: December 28, 2015, 10:16:27 pm »
When I was on treatment and before, I was always looking for posts from people who had finished and how they were going, especially positive news.

I just want to post some of my observations so maybe it can help other people on treatment or considering it.

I was on Riba/Solvaldi for 6 months and nearly 9 months after EOT I can say my memory has improved considerably that brain fog that I had for years is lifting, I use to put it down to age but I can see it was the Dragon that was causing a lot of it.

I don't have the heaviness in my liver area any more, that dull ache has gone.

My digestion has improved a lot, I kept on a  strict diet for years, no fatty foods, no chocolate, alcohol etc. I only did this because I would feel sick in my stomach if I took these foods. Now I find I can have the occasional deep fried foods and even chocolate without any side effects.

I had a lot of aches and pains that got worse on treatment and for a about 6 months after they are now starting to subside. An old jaw injury I have had for years and years is much better these days.

My energy levels are starting to improve,that constant over tiredness is not as pronounced. I have had this virus for over 35 years so I don't really know what normal is.

I am starting to be more active, in the past I wouldn't even consider doing certain things due to fatigue.

And my mental health is defiantly on the up, life just doesnt seem so hard anymore, I am now just getting glimpses of how much carrying this unwelcome guest around for all these years has effected me mentally, physically and spiritually.

I am very grateful for been given this new life.

Offline Scoutdoy

Re: Some positive observations
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 01:03:32 am »
Francis, I think it's wonderful that you are doing so well. I think that a lot of people who have taken the treatment will be experiencing new phases of life. Living with this disease for many years and then "poof" it's gone " has to be an adjustment for anyone . I know I am feeling much better and I am looking forward to living a life without this beast on my shoulders. Good luck to you and everyone who gets cured

Scout
F/49yrs
Genotype 1a
infected 1987-tatoo/military?
Diagnosed 2007
Biopsy F-0
vl 13,900,000
AST 23
ALT 19
Harvoni Treatment 7/27/2015
4 week lab --<12 negative...AST 23 ALT 15
6 week lab -- Undetected.....AST 17 ALT 10
8 week lab---undetected.......AST15 Alt 10
12 week lab---UNDETECTED....AST 15 ALT 9
12 week EOT--1/13/2016----UNDETECTED!
24 week EOT ----UNDETECTED  --AST 18 ALT 12
I AM FREE!

Offline Rosie13

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 10:33:08 am »
What a great idea to post the good news of After tx.I could not have said it better than you !I am only post tx for 2 months so waiting for my brain to catch up but the rest of the stuff we didn't know was HepC has really opened up.great sleep,stamina,energy,& love of life are all blossoming.I am so grateful to be given this gift it really is surreal.I had HepC for 40 yrs but only knew for 6 sad yrs.Thinking you are dying can do a number on the mind & suffering alone pretty bad too.I wish I had known about this forum then!Happy 2016!
Labs August 15,2015
Genotype 1b
AST 112 U/L
ALT 181 U/L
HCV 192,000 IU/mL
Fibroscan F2-3
Started Harvoni Sept. 5, 2015
4wk. labs Oct. 2,2015
AST 21 U/L
ALT 27 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
8wk. labs Nov.5,2015
AST 16 U/L
ALT 19 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
12 wks.post tx.feb.11,2016
UNDETECTED!!!
24 wks. post tx. may 16,2016
UNDETECTED Fibroscan  F-0!!!!!

Offline beto

• "no risk it, no biscuit"
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 12:50:38 pm »
Hi Francis,

Indeed nice to hear from those futher along with good news.  I am no longer baffled by the post treatment off and on issues; and hearing from those EOT 24 and greater reporting gradual improvement makes the sojourn easier and I thank you.  I and many others have concluded that decades of a virus copying itself a trillion times a day...that unwanted synergy, sustains a much different homeostasis, than the one we find when cured.  The cure is rapid, the equilibrium for many takes a while.

I am OK with a slow process to acheive balance.  It sounds like you are doing great and I am thrilled for you and everyone on our path.  Thanks again for sharing the good news.  Peace...
HCV/nonA,nonB acute phase 1975
HCV detected active 1990
HCV persistent chronic diagnosis 1995
1995 liver enzymes mild elevations
1996 Biopsy F2 fibrosis
treatment naive geno 1-A
2000-to early 2015 Viral load 150, 000 to 800, 000
recent liver enzymes before treatment alt/ast 59to209,  Fibroscan F4,cirrhosis
start tx Harvoni 7/11/2015
6.5 week-UD-ast/alt 25/25
9wk-UD-ast18 alt23
10/3/15 completed tx
11/5/15 new fibroscan f0-f1 amazed
6wk EOT UD ast/alt 20/20
12EOT-UD-ast/alt19/21
25wk-SVR! 19/18

Offline Alexa

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 03:24:27 pm »
When I was on treatment and before, I was always looking for posts from people who had finished and how they were going, especially positive news.

I just want to post some of my observations so maybe it can help other people on treatment or considering it.

I was on Riba/Solvaldi for 6 months and nearly 9 months after EOT I can say my memory has improved considerably that brain fog that I had for years is lifting, I use to put it down to age but I can see it was the Dragon that was causing a lot of it.

My digestion has improved a lot, I kept on a  strict diet for years, no fatty foods, no chocolate, alcohol etc. I only did this because I would feel sick in my stomach if I took these foods. Now I find I can have the occasional deep fried foods and even chocolate without any side effects.

I had a lot of aches and pains that got worse on treatment and for a about 6 months after they are now starting to subside. An old jaw injury I have had for years and years is much better these days.

My energy levels are starting to improve,that constant over tiredness is not as pronounced. I have had this virus for over 35 years so I don't really know what normal is.

I am starting to be more active, in the past I wouldn't even consider doing certain things due to fatigue.

And my mental health is defiantly on the up, life just doesnt seem so hard anymore, I am now just getting glimpses of how much carrying this unwelcome guest around for all these years has effected me mentally, physically and spiritually.

I am very grateful for been given this new life.

What an amazing thread you've started!

Wish you continued success and I love your positive attitude.

Alexa

Offline Bree

• "Today is a good day for a great day!"
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 03:46:58 pm »
Yes, Francis60... I agree with you.  I'm only almost 14 weeks post treatment and I focus on the positive results as much as possible.  I have a few things... this and that... I don't know if there's any correlation or if it's just age or that if it's things that have been able to show themselves once HepC is not over-riding everything else. I don't know what normal is either. 

I mentioned some of these things to my chiropractor and he said "How do you know everyone doesn't feel that?"  hmmm...
I try not to constantly point them out... realizing that's a habit pattern that's easy to fall into.  And, more importantly, by and large:

I wake up earlier and more refreshed and sometimes I even sleep in.  I don't have to meter out my energy and can just make a plan to do things.  I feel optimistic about the future, health, age, ability and that nothing is holding me back (accept my own thought patterns which I'm taking steps to re-adjust - some due to Hepc  some due to just me).

I'm really looking forward to life instead of worrying about when HepC is going to degrade my quality of life.  Yep, this is a good thing!  I feel like I can create good present moments each day and have a longer and more joyful future!  I'm so grateful!  Bree
Dx 1997 Geno 1a
2002-2003 PEG Intron/riba (48 wks) respond/relapsed
Pre-Harvoni - Viral Load: 13.5 M - Log 7.1
Fibrosure Score F1-2  Pre-Treatment:  AST 73 / ALT 88

7/6/15 Started Harvoni (12 weeks)
10/5/15 HCV NOT DETECTED (One week post EOT)
11/9/15 NOT DETECTED!!! (6 wk post)
12/21/15 NOT DETECTED (12 wk post) 
3/14/16  NOT DETECTED (24 week post)AST 26 ALT 18
SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Alexa

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 04:05:41 pm »
Hi Francis,

Indeed nice to hear from those futher along with good news.  I am no longer baffled by the post treatment off and on issues; and hearing from those EOT 24 and greater reporting gradual improvement makes the sojourn easier and I thank you.  I and many others have concluded that decades of a virus copying itself a trillion times a day...that unwanted synergy, sustains a much different homeostasis, than the one we find when cured.  The cure is rapid, the equilibrium for many takes a while.

I am OK with a slow process to acheive balance.  It sounds like you are doing great and I am thrilled for you and everyone on our path.  Thanks again for sharing the good news.  Peace...

Such incredible and beautiful words. 

Offline Rosie13

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 05:12:08 pm »
Beto & Bree have quite a gift for making the puzzle fall into perfect interlocking place.We are anxious to be free of HepC but our bodies are catching up .We raise each other up in the meantime.Thank you !!!!!!
Labs August 15,2015
Genotype 1b
AST 112 U/L
ALT 181 U/L
HCV 192,000 IU/mL
Fibroscan F2-3
4wk. labs Oct. 2,2015
AST 21 U/L
ALT 27 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
8wk. labs Nov.5,2015
AST 16 U/L
ALT 19 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
UNDETECTED!!!

Offline Else

• Appeal, appeal, and appeal again!
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 01:28:41 pm »
Thanks for this thread, Francis!  I just saw it after very limited internet time during the holidays.

Yes, many things to be grateful for! 
  Me too!  And I have to almost laugh at how many times in the last decade I was told that the liver has no nerves - cannot feel pain.  Hmmmm.  So that imaginary dull ache is gone.  ::)

Also gone is the chronic joint pain and crushing fatigue.  Mental clarity much improved as well.  Only 4 weeks after EOT.   :D  I am grateful beyond words.
F/53 yr
diagnosed 1995
Genotype 1a
ALT: 58 AST: 39 ALK: 105
Viral load 4,201,950 IU/ml
Fibroscan 6.5 (F1-F2) Fibrosure 0.36 (F1-F2)
Treatment-naive
After 3 denials, finally approved!
Harvoni 12 wks - start date 9/15/15
4 wk labs 10/14/15
ALT: 12 AST: 16 ALK: 85
HCV Not Detected!!!
8 wk labs 11/10/15
ALT: 13  AST: 15  ALK: 77
12 wk (EOT!) labs 12/8/15
ALT: 11 AST: 15 ALK: 78
HCV Not Detected!!!
10wk posttx labs 2/11/16
ALT: 22 AST: 17 ALK: 61
HCV Not Detected!! SVR10!!!
SVR10 (99.7% Cured!!!)

Offline slats1056

• SVR to all and to all a good life!
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 05:26:54 pm »
 Francis,

Nice to know You are doing well. Something I can look forward to for sure! At 12 weeks post Tx. and having issues , You have provided an insight to the future and a new beacon at the end of the tunnel. Thanx!
73 non ab 98 hep c refused pegint/riba
6-15 Gen.1b 1/2 MIL ALT72 AST37 No cirrhosis
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks
10-14-15 EOT VIRAL LOAD NON-DET  
12-30-15 EOT+12 VIRAL LOAD NON DET  SVR12            8-9-18 HCV LOAD 1.02IU/ml AST22  ALT30 RELAPSE?
9-18-18 confirmed gt 1b relapse
10-16-18 approved 16 weeks Mavyret

Offline Tess1971

• G2b, 12wk Sov/Riba, End 11/15/14 UD, SVR-5,14 & 32-UD
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 01:04:42 pm »
I am 60 weeks post treatment, yes, 60 weeks.  I can tell you it has been a back and forth improvement.  Feeling really good with improvements and then brief steps back feeling very crummy.  The sides would reoccur for periods but less and shorter lived each time.  Also the feeling better was longer and longer in between.  After all this time my skin is finally got back to normal with no eruptions of any rashes.  I did have stomach issues on and off for a while, but, that has finally healed and remained so.  Looking forward to this year being the best.

Offline drummerman

• For those regarded as warriors....
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2016, 10:33:58 pm »
Thanks for posting Francis!
It is nice reminder of what is to come!
dm
Diagnosed07
Interferon/riba 2008 - non-responder
5/16/15 - AST -34
ALT - 35_ HCV RNA - 10,783,000
 7/6/15 - started viekira/riba
8/11/15  Week 5 <15 vl,  AST 18, ALT 18
9/11/15 Week 9  "HCV NOT DETECTED"!
AST 16, ALT 11.  10/16/16 - 2 weeks post EOT = "HCV NOT DETECTED!   AST - 18,  ALT 14
12/29/15 -12 wk EOT-HCV NOT DETECTED! AST 23, ALT 15
3/26/16 - 24 wk post EOT - HCV NOT DETECTED!! AST 19, ALT 21
1 yr eot - AST 20, ALT 17

Offline Rosie13

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2016, 11:51:10 pm »
Tess, your post was timely! I am surprised to have bounced back quickly & now seeing some of the old shit again. The jawline rash started coming back & my side pain has been gone for months & now back. I started to think I was dreaming this up because I am about to do final labs & the nerves are off the chart. Your great news is that it will all go away @ some point...I can live with that! Thanks, & happy 2016!
Labs August 15,2015
Genotype 1b
AST 112 U/L
ALT 181 U/L
HCV 192,000 IU/mL
Fibroscan F2-3
4wk. labs Oct. 2,2015
AST 21 U/L
ALT 27 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
8wk. labs Nov.5,2015
AST 16 U/L
ALT 19 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
UNDETECTED!!!

Offline Else

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2016, 12:10:47 pm »
Tess, your post was timely! I am surprised to have bounced back quickly & now seeing some of the old shit again. The jawline rash started coming back & my side pain has been gone for months & now back. I started to think I was dreaming this up because I am about to do final labs & the nerves are off the chart. Your great news is that it will all go away @ some point...I can live with that! Thanks, & happy 2016!

Your post was timely too, Rosie.  I wish my final labs were tomorrow and not February 29th.  Lower right quadrant ache has come back, chills, and generally feeling like I did before treatment.   So I'm banking on it being a bump in the road or just a rough week, god knows why.

I don't have the internal resources to worry for 8 more weeks.  It is what it is.  If I've relapsed, then I've relapsed and there's new medications in the pipeline.  Statistically, the odds are in my favor.  In fact, I'd like to take these odds to Las Vegas, they're so good. 

As of Dec. 8th, I was undetected.  I've been undetected since mid-October.  It's ridiculous to think that, even if relapsed, the virus could come roaring back to pre-treatment levels.  So I'll go with this:  even HCV-free people can feel dreadful once in a while.  Especially non-spring-chicken people.

That's the hard thing about having a viral infection your entire adult life  - how do you feel?  Answer - As opposed to what?  I guess my rambling point is that my "self-assessment meter" is broken. 
F/53 yr
diagnosed 1995
Genotype 1a
Treatment-naive
4 wk labs 10/14/15
HCV Not Detected!!!
8 wk labs 11/10/15
HCV Not Detected!!!
10wk posttx labs 2/11/16
SVR10 (99.7% Cured!!!)

Offline beto

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2016, 12:53:53 pm »
Else,

It is normal for us to have those worries EOT, especially when we do not feel well.  It is just a bump in the road for you.  I did my 12 week at about 11 weeks and change.  I was UD.  However, two days after I began to feel ill in ways I had not felt in a long time.  I had chills, aches and a headache that reminded me of symptoms I had when my hep C flared up, back in the day.  I didn't even have headaches during tx like pretty much everyone else and I had one of those unusual chronic low grade ones.  My body felt very achy and no one I knew was having any of those symptoms with flu or common viruses.  Of course my mind began to race onto the fears we all have.  I even had an onset of brain-fog/depression.

Well, it subsided.  I will not get labs for a few months so, I can't be sure but I do believe that I am fine.  Just a few days ago I noticed as I walked across the gym from station to station, I was doing so energetically...walking quickly, very unlike years prior when I had to move through thick space motivated only by my dogged commitment to attempt health.  I lift weights with greater strength as well.

We have good and bad days and weeks as we heal.  My wife stated to be on new years when discussing the whole hep-c revolution..."you guys were cured, but had not healed."  I also remember reading about those that were cured and they always talked about having good and bad days.

My physician commented on the sudden proliferation of HCV antibodies running amok after cure.  Truly, bank on the fact that our immune system is on high alert searching every nook and cranny.

Lynn posted interesting info on the multitude of issues that many develop along the way with HCV.  Ironically, it will be our livers that heal the quickest.  Liver tissue is rapid in healing...not so the heart, the brain, the pancreas, the thyroid, the kidneys...and our emotions.  Having a life threatening disease can be a sustained trauma and that alone could take time to heal.

Then of course there is the idea that HCV has masked other issues that come to forefront when cured.  No one mentions the notion that we come our of the disease a bit toxic having had a poorly functioning liver for 20,30,40,50 years.  Might not a working liver begin a process of detox? 

Else, you are cured and healing...I know exactly what you are going through as does everyone in and out of treatment.  See you at Bree's house to celebrate SVR  :)
HCV detected active 1990
1996 Biopsy F2 fibrosis
treatment naive geno 1-A
9wk-UD-ast18 alt23
10/3/15 completed tx
6wk EOT UD ast/alt 20/20
12EOT-UD-ast/alt19/21
25wk-SVR! 19/18

Offline Else

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2016, 01:47:53 pm »
Thank you, thank you, thank you, beto!!!!  I really needed to read that today. 

It is completely logically that after 35 yrs (more or less) of infection with documented (and undocumented but very real) damage, some healing might be in order.  A bit more to it than kicking the flu or the like.  It's really easy to lose sight of that.

Yeah, I'm just spooked right now.   :o

F/53 yr
diagnosed 1995
Genotype 1a
Treatment-naive
4 wk labs 10/14/15
HCV Not Detected!!!
8 wk labs 11/10/15
HCV Not Detected!!!
10wk posttx labs 2/11/16
SVR10 (99.7% Cured!!!)

Offline beto

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2016, 02:04:48 pm »
We all do it Else...when I do someone on this forum picks me up.  Not that I was not aware, just that it is nice to hear it from someone else.

One way to look at the emotional side of this...is to imagine if you were in an abusive relationship for 30 years and then the abuser dies.  Would you pop right back?  Nope, you would end up in years of therapy  :).

peace
HCV detected active 1990
1996 Biopsy F2 fibrosis
treatment naive geno 1-A
9wk-UD-ast18 alt23
10/3/15 completed tx
6wk EOT UD ast/alt 20/20
12EOT-UD-ast/alt19/21
25wk-SVR! 19/18

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
  • It only looks like I know what I'm doing
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2016, 03:15:02 pm »
Cured but not healed ... That is a excellent way of looking at it. Thanks Beto's wife!
CURED SVR24  Class of 2015
Wk 12 post EOT 30.11.15: ALT 14 AST 22 GGT 22 VL UND
Week 19 07.08.15: ALT 17 AST 23 GGT 25
Week 12 18.06.15: ALT 21 AST 23 GGT 28
Week 8 25.05.15: ALT 23 AST 27 GGT 30 VL UND
Week 4 20.04.14: ALT 30 AST 36 VL 40
Treatment start 23.03.15: ALT 137 AST 185 VL 342,600
Cirrhosis Child-Pugh A, Genotype 1a - Viekira Pak + riba 24 weeks
Total failure interferon/ribavirin/boceprovir Mar 2013
https://www.hepmag.com/blogger/grace-campbell

Offline Bree

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2016, 05:57:48 pm »
Your post was timely too, Rosie.  I wish my final labs were tomorrow and not February 29th.  Lower right quadrant ache has come back, chills, and generally feeling like I did before treatment.   So I'm banking on it being a bump in the road or just a rough week, god knows why.

I don't have the internal resources to worry for 8 more weeks.  It is what it is.  If I've relapsed, then I've relapsed and there's new medications in the pipeline.  Statistically, the odds are in my favor.  In fact, I'd like to take these odds to Las Vegas, they're so good. 

As of Dec. 8th, I was undetected.  I've been undetected since mid-October.  It's ridiculous to think that, even if relapsed, the virus could come roaring back to pre-treatment levels.  So I'll go with this:  even HCV-free people can feel dreadful once in a while.  Especially non-spring-chicken people.

That's the hard thing about having a viral infection your entire adult life  - how do you feel?  Answer - As opposed to what?  I guess my rambling point is that my "self-assessment meter" is broken.

Else, I was touched by your post and by Beto's wonderful comments.  You are not alone.  I am 14 weeks post and SVR and still have aches on my right side although I have noticed less this past week. (others had it too and they are SVR.)  That and a few other things caused me to get a VL test 6 weeks post EOT (Beto did too) and it was UND so I rested a lot easier as I waited for 12 weeks.  The extra test and some mental mindset work and staying busy really helped me.  I don't want to spend my life waiting for test results but it's hard especially when physical things show up.  Like you said, our odds for a cure are awesome with this treatment!

When I told my chiropractor I didn't feel that great at some times, he said "How do you know everyone doesn't feel that way?" .... so like you said compared to what.

My latest thing, I was in urgent care with my foot on Saturday.  I usually don't say much on forums about the health stuff cropping up.  It turns out I have a bone spur and arthritis in my heel.  I need to create a new normal, a new exercise plan because walking was my thing...

I have other wonderful things happening as well... I just don't feel sick in the way I used to.  My eyes are clearer, I feel a lighter mood... and more 8)

« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 01:19:54 pm by Bree »
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline drummerman

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2016, 07:40:41 pm »

I feel ya!  I had terrible chills and had to wear a jacket in the house.   Sleep problems , terrible cough, severe finger bone pain.... so I was sweating bullets at my 12 week eot!

Feeling a little better each day.

Hang in there!

dm
Diagnosed07
5/16/15 - AST -34
AST 16, ALT 11.  10/16/16 - 2 weeks post EOT = "HCV NOT DETECTED!   AST - 18,  ALT 14

Offline Scoutdoy

« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2016, 09:45:08 pm »
Dm....going for my EOT x12 blood test tomorrow

Scout
F/49yrs
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed 2007
Biopsy F-0
vl 13,900,000
AST 23
ALT 19
I AM FREE!

Offline Else

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2016, 09:55:00 pm »
The kindness here is amazing.  And appreciated more than you know.  Or maybe you do know.  That's what makes the support so powerful.  Thank you.

Best of vibes to you, Scout.  I'm so glad you're done with the waiting game!
F/53 yr
diagnosed 1995
Genotype 1a
Treatment-naive
4 wk labs 10/14/15
HCV Not Detected!!!
8 wk labs 11/10/15
HCV Not Detected!!!
10wk posttx labs 2/11/16
SVR10 (99.7% Cured!!!)

Offline drummerman

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2016, 10:26:37 pm »
Dm....going for my EOT x12 blood test tomorrow

Scout

Best of luck to you scout! 8)

dm
Diagnosed07
5/16/15 - AST -34

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2016, 10:38:05 pm »
The big one ... All the best Scoutdoy!

Offline gnatcatcher

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2016, 12:14:20 pm »
Scout, those are terrific numbers you're going in with.
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
VL still UNDETECTED (SVR 102)
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline Rosie13

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2016, 12:25:19 pm »
Scout, hurry back to tell us all the good news...conga line getting ready....
Labs August 15,2015
Genotype 1b
AST 112 U/L
ALT 181 U/L
HCV 192,000 IU/mL
Fibroscan F2-3
4wk. labs Oct. 2,2015
AST 21 U/L
ALT 27 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
8wk. labs Nov.5,2015
AST 16 U/L
ALT 19 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
UNDETECTED!!!

Offline Bree

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2016, 01:21:17 pm »
Happy for you Scout.  I'm expecting great news!  8)
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline gnatcatcher

LESS DENTAL PLAQUE! Re: Some positive observations
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2016, 01:40:58 pm »
-went for my six-month teeth cleaning this morning and told my dentist that it seemed like ever since Harvoni got rid of the HCV, my plaque factory has slowed production, and what it is making doesn't turn into rock-hard cement. MY DENTIST CONFIRMED IT: less plaque and easier for him to remove! (My previous cleaning was after one full week of Harvoni, so most of the HCV was probably already killed off by then, but my next cleaning should be even better after a full half year of no HCV.)

Anyone else notice an improvement in your dental plaque situation?

Gnatty
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline Bree

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2016, 01:57:46 pm »
That's great Gnatty!  I see my dental hygienist on January 28, we'll see what she says...

As for me, this week I have felt the best I have in years!  I told my friend the other day, I feel good and she said that's the first time I've heard you say that... whoa.
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline gnatcatcher

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2016, 02:02:12 pm »
Bree, glad to hear it. I've had quite a few aches and pains the last few days, but it's also been the first week all winter that I've gotten to shovel snow, which I enjoy doing -- shh, don't tell my neighbors ;)
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline Else

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2016, 02:14:08 pm »
Yay! We can all compare notes.  My dental cleaning is a week from today!  :)
F/53 yr
diagnosed 1995
Genotype 1a
Treatment-naive
4 wk labs 10/14/15
HCV Not Detected!!!
8 wk labs 11/10/15
HCV Not Detected!!!
10wk posttx labs 2/11/16
SVR10 (99.7% Cured!!!)

Offline Scoutdoy

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2016, 02:37:58 pm »
Ok...I am at the dr office waiting for he results....eeegadds the last 20 minutes have been excruciating!

Scout
F/49yrs
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed 2007
Biopsy F-0
vl 13,900,000
AST 23
ALT 19
I AM FREE!

Offline gnatcatcher

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2016, 02:41:54 pm »
I can imagine.

I'll be away from wfi for the next few hours, so let me be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS!
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline beto

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2016, 02:42:28 pm »
Hang in there scout...we are all with you.  I have my dr office trained to blurt out undetected from the get go.
HCV detected active 1990
1996 Biopsy F2 fibrosis
treatment naive geno 1-A
9wk-UD-ast18 alt23
10/3/15 completed tx
6wk EOT UD ast/alt 20/20
12EOT-UD-ast/alt19/21
25wk-SVR! 19/18

Offline beto

Re: LESS DENTAL PLAQUE! Re: Some positive observations
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2016, 03:01:40 pm »
-went for my six-month teeth cleaning this morning and told my dentist that it seemed like ever since Harvoni got rid of the HCV, my plaque factory has slowed production, and what it is making doesn't turn into rock-hard cement. MY DENTIST CONFIRMED IT: less plaque and easier for him to remove! (My previous cleaning was after one full week of Harvoni, so most of the HCV was probably already killed off by then, but my next cleaning should be even better after a full half year of no HCV.)

Anyone else notice an improvement in your dental plaque situation?

Gnatty

Mine is on the 20th and I am a little worried about an old crown.  Funny that everyone is going to the dentist.  I have been meaning to post on the subject for a while.  Hep C and Cirrhosis are known to cause dental issues and I have had a heck of a time.  I will report on the plaque situation after my cleaning.  One thing that has not improved with me is nighttime dry mouth which is tough on teeth.  I also read that pseudo sjogren's syndrome can cause dry mouth.  Also it is believed that mineral transport is compromised with liver problems.  Let's hope that our teeth get better with cure.  One thing is for sure, we don't have to feel like bio-hazards anymore...funny, reinfection would be a greater concern than that...right?
HCV detected active 1990
1996 Biopsy F2 fibrosis
treatment naive geno 1-A
9wk-UD-ast18 alt23
10/3/15 completed tx
6wk EOT UD ast/alt 20/20
12EOT-UD-ast/alt19/21
25wk-SVR! 19/18

Offline Bree

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2016, 03:04:35 pm »
Ok...I am at the dr office waiting for he results....eeegadds the last 20 minutes have been excruciating!

Scout

Yea Scout!!!! I'm feeling very good about your results!
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Bree

Re: LESS DENTAL PLAQUE! Re: Some positive observations
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2016, 03:05:59 pm »
Mine is on the 20th and I am a little worried about an old crown.  Funny that everyone is going to the dentist.  I have been meaning to post on the subject for a while.  Hep C and Cirrhosis are known to cause dental issues and I have had a heck of a time.  I will report on the plaque situation after my cleaning.  One thing that has not improved with me is nighttime dry mouth which is tough on teeth.  I also read that pseudo sjogren's syndrome can cause dry mouth.  Also it is believed that mineral transport is compromised with liver problems.  Let's hope that our teeth get better with cure.  One thing is for sure, we don't have to feel like bio-hazards anymore...funny, reinfection would be a greater concern than that...right?

I just got two new crowns... but they were old big fillings so it was just time and needed to use dental insurance.  Have you ever used Biotene for dry mouth?  I learned about it when on interferon... mouthwash taste good too.
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Scoutdoy

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2016, 03:37:44 pm »
I AM FREEEEEE!!!!!

Scout
F/49yrs
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed 2007
Biopsy F-0
vl 13,900,000
AST 23
ALT 19
I AM FREE!

Offline beto

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2016, 03:38:44 pm »
Yes Bree I use it a lot, I have an arsenal for the issue...tehe
HCV detected active 1990
1996 Biopsy F2 fibrosis
treatment naive geno 1-A
9wk-UD-ast18 alt23
10/3/15 completed tx
6wk EOT UD ast/alt 20/20
12EOT-UD-ast/alt19/21
25wk-SVR! 19/18

Offline Bree

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2016, 03:39:13 pm »
I AM FREEEEEE!!!!!

Scout

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!  HIP HIP HOORAY!!! HIP HIP HOORAY!!! :) :) :) 8)
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline beto

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2016, 03:47:47 pm »
woooopeee yea scout.  I was posting right at the time you posted.  So happy for you scout.... :) :) :) :) :) :)
HCV detected active 1990
1996 Biopsy F2 fibrosis
treatment naive geno 1-A
9wk-UD-ast18 alt23
10/3/15 completed tx
6wk EOT UD ast/alt 20/20
12EOT-UD-ast/alt19/21
25wk-SVR! 19/18

Offline Philadelphia

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2016, 05:03:43 pm »
Super awesome Scout!! So happy for you :)

Offline gnatcatcher

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2016, 05:47:14 pm »
Scout, let us know when you re-enter Earth's orbit  ;)
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline Scoutdoy

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2016, 06:08:28 pm »
LOL....I will

Scout
F/49yrs
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed 2007
Biopsy F-0
vl 13,900,000
AST 23
ALT 19
I AM FREE!

Offline Rosie13

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2016, 11:06:19 pm »
Scout!!!!super news.....2016 is looking pretty awesome huh?very excited& happy for you!
Labs August 15,2015
Genotype 1b
AST 112 U/L
ALT 181 U/L
HCV 192,000 IU/mL
Fibroscan F2-3
4wk. labs Oct. 2,2015
AST 21 U/L
ALT 27 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
8wk. labs Nov.5,2015
AST 16 U/L
ALT 19 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
UNDETECTED!!!

Offline drummerman

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2016, 02:49:03 pm »
I AM FREEEEEE!!!!!

Scout

hell yeah!!! 8)

dm
Diagnosed07
5/16/15 - AST -34

Offline Scoutdoy

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2016, 03:22:53 pm »
Gonna be a good year I think....Got rid of hep c....got rid of unsupportive husband...accepted a new position at work..and I have a date with a really nice 54 year old guy on Sunday! Shaaaabamm!

Scout
F/49yrs
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed 2007
Biopsy F-0
vl 13,900,000
AST 23
ALT 19
I AM FREE!

Offline gnatcatcher

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2016, 05:10:34 pm »
That really nice 54 year old guy is going to see you so excited and think he's the reason why ;)  Glad things are looking up up up!
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline Rosie13

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2016, 12:06:09 am »
Scout ,you are inspiring me during the long wait...love that you slayed the dragon,the husband,the job & hope your date is the best...YES!
Labs August 15,2015
Genotype 1b
AST 112 U/L
ALT 181 U/L
HCV 192,000 IU/mL
Fibroscan F2-3
4wk. labs Oct. 2,2015
AST 21 U/L
ALT 27 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
8wk. labs Nov.5,2015
AST 16 U/L
ALT 19 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
UNDETECTED!!!

Offline Scoutdoy

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2016, 01:23:31 am »
Your gonna be here with us in a few more weeks and we will do the happy dance with you. Here is a little info my hep doc told me that should make you feel better. He is also one of the researchers that does trials and participated in the Harvoni clinical trials. He told me that he has not had one patient that tested undetected at 8 and 12 weeks during treatment come back detected at EOT detected! A couple did relapse, but not when they had the track record you and I and so many others had with the 8 and 12 week results. He did remind me that if I got cured that I would work on the smoking, to which I told him that before my final appointment I had picked up a quit smoking book. Hahaha gotta love it. I did say to him I almost feel as if I have PTSD in a weird sorta way. He said that is common too. Having an illness that is infectious for so many years and then poof! Gone! My life habits don't just poof! Go away. I am damm sure gonna give it my best shot though

Scout
F/49yrs
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed 2007
Biopsy F-0
vl 13,900,000
AST 23
ALT 19
I AM FREE!

Offline gnatcatcher

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2016, 08:21:41 am »
Scout, you've licked one biohazard, so you have real proof:
The smoking biohazard's odds of staying just went poof!
Sure, the hold "Nic" has on you won't loosen in a day,
But I have utter confidence that you are on your way.

Gnatty
9/29/71 transfusions
HCV genotype 1a
7/09/15-9/30/15 Harvoni

Before treatment:
Viral Load 9,490,582
FibroScan 19.5 kPa [F4]
ALT 262
AST 217
ALP 183

Most recent:
FibroScan 7.6 kPa [F1-2]
ALT 15
AST 20
ALP 85

Offline slats1056

• SVR to all and to all a good life!
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2016, 08:46:59 am »
 Scout,
  Good news all around for You. Great things for You. I posted yesterday but, apparently deleted. Another one gone. Good for You. Hope the date turns out just as good! :) :) :) :)
73 non ab 98 hep c refused pegint/riba
6-15 Gen.1b 1/2 MIL ALT72 AST37 No cirrhosis
7-15  Harvoni 12 weeks
10-14-15 EOT VIRAL LOAD NON-DET  
12-30-15 EOT+12 VIRAL LOAD NON DET  SVR12            8-9-18 HCV LOAD 1.02IU/ml AST22  ALT30 RELAPSE?
9-18-18 confirmed gt 1b relapse
10-16-18 approved 16 weeks Mavyret

Offline Rosie13

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2016, 12:01:23 pm »
Scout, I love your Doctor! You can do ANYTHING now . One day at a time. I get the poof thing. Over the holidays I struggled with guilt over some merlot. 
Labs August 15,2015
Genotype 1b
AST 112 U/L
ALT 181 U/L
HCV 192,000 IU/mL
Fibroscan F2-3
4wk. labs Oct. 2,2015
AST 21 U/L
ALT 27 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
8wk. labs Nov.5,2015
AST 16 U/L
ALT 19 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
UNDETECTED!!!

Offline HazelAustralia

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2016, 07:15:56 pm »
Hurrah!
Female age 53
Australia
Contracted in the 1980's
Genotype 1A
VL 314k

Started treatment with Veikira Pak and Ribaviron on Thursday 17th December 2015
NOT DETECTED, End of Treatment, 16th March 2016

Offline Scoutdoy

« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2016, 09:03:44 pm »
Hey Rosie...i want to elaborate something with you that you might find a little interesting. I knew I had hepatitis for years, but the doctors told me in 2007 that my liver was too healthy to do any treatment and to wait. I didn't understand, but I am glad I listened.  Each year my fatigue got worse and my joints were getting just unbearable. Docs were convinced I had RA...and so did my body.My husband didn't understand that along with hep c is fatigue and I unfortunately had the major joint issues also. Flash forward to January 2015. I split with my husband because he just couldn't understand the difficulty physically and emotionally that comes with living with hep c. I decided that the stress of his not understanding what I was experiencing was real was making my life even worse so, I asked him to leave. GOOD MOVE! I actually started to feel better. On June 2, 2015. I read in a magazine that once women hit menapause that scientists feel that a level of protection the liver uses discipates, when estrogen isn't produced, and that even healthy livers can tank, and tank quickly. I was definately in the first stage of menapause. I thought, hell  I can't tank now, I am single with 2 kids.  I made an appt with a well known hep c researcher here the next day, got in within a week for the first consult. Their office staff was so dedicated and so efficient it was amazing. I didn't feel like a walking disease like the other doctors offices I had been in. I got a fibroscan within a week, still showing F0, with an extremely high viral count. He said don't worry, we will get you approved. I actually had the medicine in my hand July 20th. I was amazed. I found this forum right before I started the pills to see if I could find out about side effects and I am convinced that this forum is the reason my treatment went so well. The support from men and women who knew exactly how I felt, that I could talk to. For someone who didn't even tell her family members it was very relieving just to speak about it. I wasn't judged or scolded and I have truly met some phneminal people, who unknowingly helped me get my shit together and regain my strength and confidence. Just to name a few people, But cal, Tommy, Bree, Philedelphia, Beto , you Rosie, and many others were my lifeline when no one around me knew what I was going through. When I got the final results the other day I walked through that medical office and thanked every single nurse for being so kind and when I got to the parking lot, I probably looked like a freak. I literally fell to my knees and said "This is the first day of the rest of my life! And then quickly got on the forum to say I am free to my new friends! I hope I can remain friends with many of you on here, and able to coach new people and hopefully give the same kind of comfort I received the last 6 months

Scout
F/49yrs
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed 2007
Biopsy F-0
vl 13,900,000
AST 23
ALT 19
I AM FREE!

Offline Rosie13

« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2016, 11:46:35 pm »
Scout , you have been through alot. It's hard enough to know you have something that is scary & harvoni not here yet but losing the husband & having kids is over the top stress. I too started having more symptoms as menopause approached. My knee & hands were pretty bad. I think the hardest part was finding out the week my sister needed help with her cancer treatments & I was so petrafied I didn't go . She had breast cancer & I was just frozen with fear that I was going be unable to be with her & not tell her. that would have been too much for the family so I just didn't tell anyone. No use telling a bunch of loved ones when the treatment was not here yet. The interferon wasn't recomended for my genotype. THANK GOD! I did pull myself together & get my butt to virginia to be with her  but she passed from an infection from her port while I was there. My dad, father in law & a good friend passed right after her funeral so I was just in a zombie like existance. It's been 5 years since that sad time & I think I am stronger & wiser ...it almost doesn't seem real that in a few weeks I can be thanking my team like you just did & just so grateful for being in the right place to get these meds. We really are like a little crazy family here... the NO JUDGEMENT family!!!
Labs August 15,2015
Genotype 1b
AST 112 U/L
ALT 181 U/L
HCV 192,000 IU/mL
Fibroscan F2-3
4wk. labs Oct. 2,2015
AST 21 U/L
ALT 27 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
8wk. labs Nov.5,2015
AST 16 U/L
ALT 19 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
UNDETECTED!!!

Offline Scoutdoy

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2016, 12:16:49 am »
Yes Rosie...we are. I didn't tell anyone in my family either, just simply "why" there was no cure and I didn't want my parents to worry that it was a death sentence every time they saw me. I told my husband and my best friend. The day I started treatment I did tell my 17 yr old. I felt it necessary, since I didn't know how the medication would affect me and my son is pretty young. I am telling you that the day you actually see the 12 week EOT results that you are Undetected...medically cured...is a very surreal moment. I hope you PM me when you do....the next 4 months are crazy busy where I work, but I do check my email. Hopefully this year I don't just sleep and work...I definately have more energy this year. When is your EOT test?

Scout
F/49yrs
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed 2007
Biopsy F-0
vl 13,900,000
AST 23
ALT 19
I AM FREE!

Offline Bree

« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2016, 12:32:33 am »
I just wanted to chime in and tell you both how touched I was with your posts.
Scout I had tears in my eyes when I read yours.

I didn't tell my family either... one son who lives with me but only because he heard me on the phone moving mountains (very heavy lifting) to get Harvoni and was asking questions.  My specialist was not that supportive or engaged and if I had listened to him, I wouldn't have gotten it.  No need to thank him but I thanked my internist and gave her a holiday gift... she's the supportive one and the one who told me about Harvoni.  I told my other son after the 12 week post results.  Both of my boys lived through Interferon 12 years ago.  Only a few friends knew about my treatment both times... my very trusted small inner circle... supportive friends like on this forum.

My friends are like "well of course, we knew you were supposed to be cured all along". 8)  Funny thing is... I knew it too!  I still didn't know if it would happen in this lifetime, but somehow expected it if that makes sense.

I even looked on a dating website recently, so who knows, maybe I'll want to have a date soon  :)  This experience has not only cured me from HepC but has changed my life and this forum has played a huge part.  The education, kinship and support here is amazing.  Love you all!!! Bree
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Scoutdoy

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2016, 12:56:37 am »
Right on Bree...hit that dating sight. I have a date on Sunday...woowoo

Scout
F/49yrs
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed 2007
Biopsy F-0
vl 13,900,000
AST 23
ALT 19
I AM FREE!

Offline Scoutdoy

« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2016, 12:58:20 am »
Has anyone heard from Cal lately... I am almost getting concerned...

Scout
F/49yrs
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed 2007
Biopsy F-0
vl 13,900,000
AST 23
ALT 19
I AM FREE!

Offline Rosie13

« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2016, 01:09:54 am »
My date is Feb 5th. Hoping Cal checks in soon.
Labs August 15,2015
Genotype 1b
AST 112 U/L
ALT 181 U/L
HCV 192,000 IU/mL
Fibroscan F2-3
4wk. labs Oct. 2,2015
AST 21 U/L
ALT 27 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
8wk. labs Nov.5,2015
AST 16 U/L
ALT 19 U/L
HCV UNDETECTED!!
UNDETECTED!!!

Offline Bree

« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2016, 01:23:34 am »
Has anyone heard from Cal lately... I am almost getting concerned...

Scout

I PM'd Cal this week as I am concerned as well.  She's taking time to deal with her health issues, waiting to see her doctor and said she would post on the forum soon.
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Scoutdoy

« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2016, 01:54:44 am »
I really worry about her. I hope everything works out for her. She has had a really tough go at this. My thoughts are with her and hope she can catch a break and start to reverse with her health

Scout
F/49yrs
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed 2007
Biopsy F-0
vl 13,900,000
AST 23
ALT 19
I AM FREE!

Offline Bree

« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2016, 01:57:56 am »
I really worry about her. I hope everything works out for her. She has had a really tough go at this. My thoughts are with her and hope she can catch a break and start to reverse with her health

Scout

Me too.  She's one of the sweetest souls on the planet.  Let's all send her our love and intention for her healing :)
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Scoutdoy

« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2016, 02:01:30 am »
Bree...are you in Austrailia too?

Scout
F/49yrs
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed 2007
Biopsy F-0
vl 13,900,000
AST 23
ALT 19
I AM FREE!

Offline Bree

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2016, 02:09:07 am »
Bree...are you in Austrailia too?

Scout

I'm in Hawaii...  This is why we all want to meet up where I live this year  8)
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Scoutdoy

« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2016, 02:23:52 am »
No kidding... Well when I go outside tomorrow and it's 5 degrees...I will think about you....lol...it's funny, I work with a guy(for last 11 years) who grew up there and asked if he would go with me some day...of course he said yes....some day I will get there...I am in the Midwest and it is freezing right now

Scout
F/49yrs
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed 2007
Biopsy F-0
vl 13,900,000
AST 23
ALT 19
I AM FREE!

Offline Bree

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2016, 02:28:48 am »
No kidding... Well when I go outside tomorrow and it's 5 degrees...I will think about you....lol...it's funny, I work with a guy(for last 11 years) who grew up there and asked if he would go with me some day...of course he said yes....some day I will get there...I am in the Midwest and it is freezing right now

Scout

I won't even tell you about our weather right now... I'll just say it's beautiful, perfect and awesome! 
We have a saying "Lucky we live Hawaii".  The costs of living very steep...so that's the price we pay.

I am really serious about whomever wants to come over in our group, that we have our reunion this year over here... we'll work on that when everyone's health catches up...
Dx 1997 Geno 1a

SVR ACHIEVED!!! 
CURED YES!!!

Offline Scoutdoy

« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2016, 02:41:51 am »
Bree, I really think that is a great idea. What a gathering that would be. I know Philadelphia travels a lot and I get 6 weeks vacation a year. Brian and I are planning on doing about 5 days there.

Scout
F/49yrs
Genotype 1a
Diagnosed 2007
Biopsy F-0
vl 13,900,000
AST 23
ALT 19
I AM FREE!

Offline beto

« Reply #69 on: January 16, 2016, 12:45:06 pm »
Cal spit out a few words on another thread like 5 days ago.  In response to Bill.  They are kinda a "riba item" ya know, teehee.
HCV detected active 1990
1996 Biopsy F2 fibrosis
treatment naive geno 1-A
9wk-UD-ast18 alt23
10/3/15 completed tx
6wk EOT UD ast/alt 20/20
12EOT-UD-ast/alt19/21
25wk-SVR! 19/18

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.